CSNbbs
Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ (/thread-745852.html)

Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - miko33 - 08-21-2015 01:11 PM

Didn't expect to see Pitt get press in the WSJ

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-football-wakes-up-to-a-new-statistic-sleep-1440082565

Quote:When the University of Pittsburgh football team reported back to campus for the first day of fall camp, they were surprised to discover that they would be sharing their dormitory with a new roommate.

Their head coach.

“I feel like I’m back in college!” said Pat Narduzzi, the Panthers’ first-year coach, who has moved out of his six-bedroom home and into the dorm for the duration of preseason camp.

Next couple of paragraphs are about Tennessee using sensors in the dorm rooms to monitor heart and breathing rates and Houston not sleeping in dorms at all. Then back to Narduzzi:

Quote:For his part, Narduzzi took a more old-fashioned approach toward ensuring that his Panthers players got the daily nine hours of sleep that experts recommend for college athletes. He decided to tuck them in.

“We’ve got lights out at 10:30 and bed check at 10:45 every night, so we’re trying to get them down early,” said Narduzzi, whose assistant coaches also take turns sleeping in the players’ dorms. “We can’t close their eyes at night for them, but you can see it on the field that I think our kids are getting better rest.”

RE: Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - Hokie Mark - 08-21-2015 01:16 PM

Yinz should really pay Narduzzi enough so he can get his own apartment.

RE: Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - miko33 - 08-21-2015 01:21 PM

Midlife Crisis...

RE: Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - milerock - 08-21-2015 02:10 PM

Coed dorm?

RE: Not sure if posted, but Pitt in the WSJ - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 08-22-2015 11:33 PM

We're going streaking!....