CSNbbs
The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Basketball (/forum-339.html)
+------ Thread: The Most Anticipated Season since.... (/thread-745296.html)

The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Bucfaithful - 08-15-2015 08:01 AM

How would you rank the level of excitement, intrigue, and anticipation for the upcoming season compared to yesteryear's highly anticipated seasons? In my "tenure" with the Bucs (02-03), the upcoming season marks the highest point in terms of excitement and anticipation. The 03-04 (return of NCAA team) and 07-08 (Tiggs' arrival) preseasons were highly anticipated for me too. I am especially interested in hearing from the old guard of ETSU fans.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Buc'ed_Up - 08-15-2015 10:14 AM

For me, this is by far the most anticipated season I can think of. New coaches, players, philoshophy. New everything. I have a feeling that we will be in the mid major spotlight very soon.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - buc73 - 08-15-2015 02:07 PM

For me, this is the most anticipated season since 2003-4, the best team I've seen at ETSU except for the 'Glory Years'. Field's. Wadood, Nuckles, Rhoda, Smith, Anthony, Strong, and Tolliver. 15-1 league play.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Just Buc - 08-16-2015 06:06 AM

Personally not much frame of reference for gauging "most anticipated since..." so I'll just go with last year. Will be interesting to watch fan base early on though as the schedule has probably 3 of the 4 best opponents in the first two weeks. Patience will be required as this team develops. Ten new faces and a new staff/system will have to have time to gel and find their roles. Good news is that the scout team could probably finish middle of the pack in SoCon with HMP and Glass - practices will definitely be competitive. Chatt should probably be the fave in SoCon with 7 of top 8 returning but new coach/system adds unknown factor. Mercer and Wofford always tough. Furman returns everybody after tourney run. UNCG may well be a sleeper with good talent returning. Bucs will challenge for SoCon title this year but it isn't going to be as easy as some may think. Many good reasons for lots of excitement but expectations might need to be tempered a bit in the early going.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Bucster - 08-16-2015 01:20 PM

For me this is also the most anticipated season since 03'04.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - You're my boy blue! - 08-17-2015 12:28 AM

I'm turnt up for this season. Getting two gold level season tickets, a few dozen buckets of ready made made margarita mix, and a big foam finger that says we're #1!!!!

On a side note, does anyone know what kind of polish works best on a SOCON tournament trophy? Or on Steve Forbes beautiful bald head??

I no joke think that we're headed to the sweet 16 this year. If I were a betting man.. Which I am.. I would put $400 on ETSU beating the living dog crap out of Chattanooga this year.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - You're my boy blue! - 08-17-2015 12:31 AM

Someone seriously needs to set up a disaster relief fund, because we're going to destroy the SOCON this year.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - CaptainJackAubrey - 08-17-2015 06:13 AM

(08-17-2015 12:28 AM)Youre my boy blue! Wrote:  I'm turnt up for this season. Getting two gold level season tickets, a few dozen buckets of ready made made margarita mix, and a big foam finger that says we're #1!!!!

On a side note, does anyone know what kind of polish works best on a SOCON tournament trophy? Or on Steve Forbes beautiful bald head??

I no joke think that we're headed to the sweet 16 this year. If I were a betting man.. Which I am.. I would put $400 on ETSU beating the living dog crap out of Chattanooga this year.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A POST.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - BlackBart - 08-17-2015 07:49 PM

(08-17-2015 06:13 AM)CaptainJackAubrey Wrote:  
(08-17-2015 12:28 AM)Youre my boy blue! Wrote:  I'm turnt up for this season. Getting two gold level season tickets, a few dozen buckets of ready made made margarita mix, and a big foam finger that says we're #1!!!!

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A POST.

Bravo You're My Boy Blue, Bravo!

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Bucfaithful - 08-17-2015 08:03 PM

Keep the swag comin' Youremyboy'.

Rabid fans bases are, by definition, insane. This is the highest praise, no? Go check out the message forums of Ohio State, Kansas, Texas, and the like. Those fans are unreasonable and irrational. I think the worst thing a fan base can do is become temperate. If fan bases were lukewarm, we wouldn't see the enormous popularity of sports talk radio, to name but one example. It would take away the fun for me if I didn't get pissed after a loss, lose perspective during the game, or get nervous before a game.

We need more fans like you, 'Blue.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - CaptainJackAubrey - 08-19-2015 08:35 PM

Tonight I had the joy of sitting down and talking to some of the players. I came away beyond encouraged. First, great guys. Respectful. Smart. And their understanding of the game was impressive. I also enjoyed talking old-school E TSU with them. I was pleased that they were interested and asking questions. Not that it matters in the big picture, but was still good to see. Overall, just great great young men.

Second, HOLY CRAP THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE PAINFUL FOR THE OPPOSITION. We are long. Strong. Fast. And just nasty good.

I pity poor Forbes trying to choose a starting 5.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Buccaneerlover - 08-24-2015 04:33 PM

If this group can gel and be cohesive at all, there's gonna be some severe ass whippings doled out

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - shampoo - 08-24-2015 05:35 PM

There will be isolated "get that **** outta here"s and posterizations even if the team doesn't show up. But I do think some coordinated ass whooping will be witnessed.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Buccaneerlover - 08-25-2015 10:32 AM

How far do you have to back to talk about this much excitement and ETSU? Not just men's basketball, but the whole body of work. Football is back, women's basketball should be good again, men's and women's soccer will be better than advertised (the ncaa really should move soccer to the spring and utilize it to fill the football void). New buildings are coming, there's just great things going on there, finally.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - CaptainJackAubrey - 08-25-2015 10:39 AM

(08-25-2015 10:32 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  How far do you have to back to talk about this much excitement and ETSU? Not just men's basketball, but the whole body of work. Football is back, women's basketball should be good again, men's and women's soccer will be better than advertised (the ncaa really should move soccer to the spring and utilize it to fill the football void). New buildings are coming, there's just great things going on there, finally.

Noland.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - brock20 - 08-25-2015 12:03 PM

(08-25-2015 10:32 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  How far do you have to back to talk about this much excitement and ETSU? Not just men's basketball, but the whole body of work. Football is back, women's basketball should be good again, men's and women's soccer will be better than advertised (the ncaa really should move soccer to the spring and utilize it to fill the football void). New buildings are coming, there's just great things going on there, finally.

It is amazing really. Don't forget about ETSU and the city finally working together. I really think Freedom Hall is going to be a great solution for ~10 years. I know that some people loved the dome for b-ball but I personally think playing at Freedom Hall instead helps with perception of the program.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - Buccaneerlover - 08-25-2015 09:49 PM

Before Noland.

RE: The Most Anticipated Season since.... - CaptainJackAubrey - 11-20-2015 10:08 PM

After tonight, I had to revisit my favorite post of the offseason.

WE GOT GOOD DAYS AHEAD!!

ETSU GO BUCS GO!