CSNbbs
UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: UNC reports new violations to NCAA (/thread-745266.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

UNC reports new violations to NCAA - bitcruncher - 08-14-2015 05:49 PM

Here we go again. The NCAA should just go ahead and shut down UNC's programs for a couple of years, while they sort all this crap out.

UNC reports new violations to NCAA that should delay infractions case

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - JRsec - 08-14-2015 05:58 PM

(08-14-2015 05:49 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Here we go again. The NCAA should just go ahead and shut down UNC's programs for a couple of years, while they sort all this crap out.

UNC reports new violations to NCAA that should delay infractions case

Imagine that? Another Baby Blue Transgression! I think they should be called the Tar Pit rather than Tar Heels. You never know what kind of body is going to bubble up next!

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - jaredf29 - 08-14-2015 07:37 PM

When they go for it they really go all in.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Hokie Mark - 08-14-2015 08:17 PM

University of Notorious Cheaters

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - JRsec - 08-14-2015 08:22 PM

(08-14-2015 08:17 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  University of Narcissistic ( not Notorious) Cheaters. fify

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Chappy - 08-14-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:But the timing basically ensures UNC won't be punished before National Signing Day for football or the 2016 NCAA Tournament, meaning Roy Williams' Tar Heels, a possible preseason No. 1, now run almost no risk of being banned from this upcoming season's postseason. In other words, in a twisted way, these newly discovered potential violations could prove helpful to the sports that matter most in Chapel Hill.

Only in cheater hill do additional infractions help you.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - DavidSt - 08-14-2015 08:41 PM

The way North Carolina is going, East Carolina's academics looks better all the time.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - HuskyU - 08-14-2015 09:16 PM

Watch out ECU.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - SuperFlyBCat - 08-14-2015 11:00 PM

North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham ........................lol

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - hawghiggs - 08-14-2015 11:25 PM

How is this not lack of institutional control?

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - b0ndsj0ns - 08-14-2015 11:31 PM

They are trying so hard to pin as much of this on women's basketball. It's shamful.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - ShoreBuc - 08-15-2015 05:53 AM

(08-14-2015 11:31 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  They are trying so hard to pin as much of this on women's basketball. It's shamful.

Heck I am sure if they could they would pin the entire Academic scandal on the women's soccer program and even plant some PED's in their locker room. They would gladly take down every soccer National Championship banner as long as Roy and the Basketball program come out of this thing unscathed. Their fans would probably also not mind shutting down Football for two years.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - fresnofanatic - 08-15-2015 08:26 AM

How does what UNC did compare to what SMU did when they got the death penalty?

Has there been proportional penalties?

Or is UNC and the ACC 'too big to fail'?

UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Lenvillecards - 08-15-2015 08:32 AM

Maybe NC does fit in better with the SEC!

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Kaplony - 08-15-2015 09:37 AM

I said something like this a few months back in a thread on the ACC board but it bears repeating here:

For years UNC fans have talked about being a shining light upon the hill. Turns out the light was just swamp gas from the garbage they kept swept under the rug seeping out.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - JRsec - 08-15-2015 10:50 AM

(08-15-2015 08:32 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Maybe NC does fit in better with the SEC!

Lenville nobody in the SEC has done anything this dirty and certainly nothing that could be linked to the academic side of the school at any level that would include fraudulent classes, with fraudulent instructors, managed by a Dean, and recorded and billed by the Bursar. Getting a ringer to take an entrance exam? I know of of those. Leaning on an un-tenured teacher to go lightly on a an athlete in class? Having a ringer take a text? I know of those. Finding a high school principal to change grades? I know of those. Offering genuinely designed crip courses, taught by actual professors, but attended by real students who are not athletes along with athletes? I know of those.

But to my knowledge there has never been an SEC school that had bogus classes, taught by bogus instructors, or has had forged teachers signatures on fraudulent grade sheets, or has involved the sanctioning of all of the above at the level of the Dean's office, or the Bursars office. That means having the school itself lend its approval to the recording of grades, credit hours given, and eligibility certified by the Deans, Registrar, and billed by and recorded by the Bursar of the school. That is as great an offense of the "lack of institutional control" I've ever heard of anywhere. Quite frankly they should not only receive the death penalty, but should lose accreditation as well.

By comparison what happened at Penn State had no impact upon the academic side of the school. Involved far fewer persons in the scope of the scandal. And while it exhibited a lack of institutional control, and involved cover up, it did not require academic fraud.

By comparison what happened at S.M.U. was just rampant payola with the blessing of the leadership.

Neither Penn State, nor S.M.U., (two of the most notorious cases for different reasons) compare to the scope and total involvement of the institution in crimes as the present case against North Carolina. The fact that the State of North Carolina has not moved against the leadership of the school reflects a level of political corruption that also needs to be investigated.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Rube Dali - 08-15-2015 12:27 PM

(08-14-2015 11:25 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  How is this not lackloss of institutional control?

Fixed for truth.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - GoldenWarrior11 - 08-15-2015 12:46 PM

With regards to the death penalty, and the huge ramifications and consequences it had on SMU, I don't think the NCAA will ever have the courage to give it out again. While SMU was definitely guilty of many violations, and deserving of having the program shut down for a year, the NCAA had the power and authority to give it to Miami and Penn State - and didn't do it for either. Arguments could be made that both situations were, in fact, worse than the transgressions that SMU committed, but that is another topic entirely.

Is the NCAA willing to discipline and penalize, rightfully, one of the most recognizable institutions and brands in college athletics?

Like Lenville stated, neither case involved academic fraud - and this level of academic fraud has far reaching implications involving professors, deans and even the president of UNC (not to mention athletic coaches like Roy Williams). It will be very interesting to see how this gets resolved.

UNC reports new violations to NCAA - Lenvillecards - 08-15-2015 01:53 PM

(08-15-2015 10:50 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-15-2015 08:32 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Maybe NC does fit in better with the SEC!

Lenville nobody in the SEC has done anything this dirty and certainly nothing that could be linked to the academic side of the school at any level that would include fraudulent classes, with fraudulent instructors, managed by a Dean, and recorded and billed by the Bursar. Getting a ringer to take an entrance exam? I know of of those. Leaning on an un-tenured teacher to go lightly on a an athlete in class? Having a ringer take a text? I know of those. Finding a high school principal to change grades? I know of those. Offering genuinely designed crip courses, taught by actual professors, but attended by real students who are not athletes along with athletes? I know of those.

But to my knowledge there has never been an SEC school that had bogus classes, taught by bogus instructors, or has had forged teachers signatures on fraudulent grade sheets, or has involved the sanctioning of all of the above at the level of the Dean's office, or the Bursars office. That means having the school itself lend its approval to the recording of grades, credit hours given, and eligibility certified by the Deans, Registrar, and billed by and recorded by the Bursar of the school. That is as great an offense of the "lack of institutional control" I've ever heard of anywhere. Quite frankly they should not only receive the death penalty, but should lose accreditation as well.

By comparison what happened at Penn State had no impact upon the academic side of the school. Involved far fewer persons in the scope of the scandal. And while it exhibited a lack of institutional control, and involved cover up, it did not require academic fraud.

By comparison what happened at S.M.U. was just rampant payola with the blessing of the leadership.

Neither Penn State, nor S.M.U., (two of the most notorious cases for different reasons) compare to the scope and total involvement of the institution in crimes as the present case against North Carolina. The fact that the State of North Carolina has not moved against the leadership of the school reflects a level of political corruption that also needs to be investigated.

Just a joke JR referring to the SEC perception of indiscretions around Cam Newton, Manziel & such. Just ask Texas about their opinion of the SEC. While the SEC hasn't committed any academic fraud they have had more than their fair share of scandals, none of which remotely compares to Penn St however. As far as NC goes the NCAA needs to drop the hammer on them. As we saw with Penn St, the NCAA is reluctant to hand out the death penalty so I don't think they will here either even though it would be deserved.

RE: UNC reports new violations to NCAA - bullet - 08-15-2015 02:15 PM

(08-15-2015 10:50 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

Well the President did resign, but the new president and provost went after the whistleblower. To me that is the thing that MOST condemns UNC. They need a severe punishment to teach them a lesson. 4 years no March madness or bowls would be a nice start.