CSNbbs
In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown (/thread-744858.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - WesternBlazer - 08-10-2015 06:46 PM

Alan Collins ‏@fox6alancollins
...A fight breaking over second Deontay Wilder fight in Bham. UA System Bd of Trustees say no to Bartow Arena but city may use BJCC late Sept
...Huntsville and Tuscaloosa trying to get Wilder fight in late Sept. But Bham putting in strong effort to keep fight again in Magic C

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - grendelson138 - 08-10-2015 06:49 PM

This is ridiculous...I guess this answers the question of whether the BOT is still going to fight UAB's success in the future.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - rook360 - 08-10-2015 06:49 PM

DUDE!!!
No way they are that bold and this doesn't have some type of blow back against them. This is all speculation until someone officially comes out and states it. *oh please oh please oh please come out and state it*

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - the_blazerman - 08-10-2015 06:51 PM

Until everyone stops bending over & taking it things will not change.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - WesternBlazer - 08-10-2015 06:55 PM

Rick Karle ‏@RickKarle
Did UA trustees nix 2nd @bronzebomber fight @ Bartow Arena?
Why is Coleman Coliseum in play? Birmingham 2 fight back.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Blazer85 - 08-10-2015 06:56 PM

No surprise really. That fight was a big deal for Bartow Arena, UAB, and the city of Birmingham. As such, the BOT wants no part in seeing any of those entities be successful with respect to an athletics event.

Hope the pro Birmingham folks that may or may not always support everything UAB pick up on this and put some heat on the BOT as well. The pro Birmingham folks just need to recognize that this BOT is not just anti UAB, they are anti Birmingham.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - rook360 - 08-10-2015 07:00 PM

Doesn't Watts have the final say so over who can use Bartow and for what.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - hooverblazer - 08-10-2015 07:03 PM

This is unbelievable. The BOT is anti-UAB, anti-Birmingham, and has no shame about either one.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - blazerwkr - 08-10-2015 07:06 PM

(08-10-2015 07:00 PM)rook360 Wrote:  Doesn't Watts have the final say so over who can use Bartow and for what.

I'd say yes & it's probably along the lines that by him saying it's too much of a distraction for UAB, they'll gladly step up Coleman for replacement venue. That way the BOT is off the hook as being the bad guy but looks like the good guy in this case

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Big Dee - 08-10-2015 07:08 PM

It's been past time to leave this current setup fight for independence.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - UAB Band Dad - 08-10-2015 07:28 PM

I hope he takes the damn fight to Vegas.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Blazer Engineer - 08-10-2015 08:14 PM

What a f'ing crock of ****. A distraction? A distraction? WTF does that even mean. I loved the last fight, but it WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I GO TO COLEMAN

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - JeffUAB - 08-10-2015 09:08 PM

Their hubris knows no bounds. It will be their undoing.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - WesternBlazer - 08-10-2015 09:10 PM

Rick Karle ‏@RickKarle
Update @bronzebomber fight 9/26:
No in-depth discussions w 'Ham/UAB, have not approached Tusc, looks like Huntsville.

In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Blazer85 - 08-10-2015 10:30 PM

(08-10-2015 09:10 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Rick Karle ‏@RickKarle
Update @bronzebomber fight 9/26:
No in-depth discussions w 'Ham/UAB, have not approached Tusc, looks like Huntsville.

Well if it's not going to be BHM I hope it is Huntsville. Tuscaloosa isn't doing him any favors.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - BamaScorpio69 - 08-10-2015 10:39 PM

(08-10-2015 06:46 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Alan Collins ‏@fox6alancollins
...A fight breaking over second Deontay Wilder fight in Bham. UA System Bd of Trustees say no to Bartow Arena but city may use BJCC late Sept
...Huntsville and Tuscaloosa trying to get Wilder fight in late Sept. But Bham putting in strong effort to keep fight again in Magic C

So since when the BOT started giving the City of Birmingham permission to used the BJCC??? The fight will be held where Deontay and his people want the fight to be held at.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Shrack - 08-10-2015 11:26 PM

(08-10-2015 10:39 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 06:46 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Alan Collins ‏@fox6alancollins

So since when the BOT started giving the City of Birmingham permission to used the BJCC??? The fight will be held where Deontay and his people want the fight to be held at.
They don't. It just reads badly I think because of how he wrote it. He is basically saying "but the city may elect to use the BJCC instead".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Agent Orange Sauce - 08-10-2015 11:31 PM

I loved that fight being at Bartow and all (even bought a poster for $10!), but it was ill equipped for such an event. Beer lines and concessions were like 30-plus mins long. Hopefully they'll just move to the BJCC. The kid is from Tuscaloosa, though. Can't fault him for wanting to fight in his hometown.

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - blazerwkr - 08-10-2015 11:38 PM

(08-10-2015 11:31 PM)Agent Orange Sauce Wrote:  I loved that fight being at Bartow and all (even bought a poster for $10!), but it was ill equipped for such an event. Beer lines and concessions were like 30-plus mins long. Hopefully they'll just move to the BJCC. The kid is from Tuscaloosa, though. Can't fault him for wanting to fight in his hometown.

His hometown decided it was too much of a distraction for them the first time, which is why UAB got it. I wouldn't mind BJCC either as I think crowds would be larger so more hype/publicity. Still wouldn't put it past them to say you (UAB/Bham) can't have it & we're not going to do it either (they don't need the revenue) so some other city will take all the benefits just to spite UAB/Bham

RE: In Other News, BOT says no 2nd Wilder fight at Bartow; wants it in TTown - Agent Orange Sauce - 08-10-2015 11:45 PM

(08-10-2015 11:38 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 11:31 PM)Agent Orange Sauce Wrote:  I loved that fight being at Bartow and all (even bought a poster for $10!), but it was ill equipped for such an event. Beer lines and concessions were like 30-plus mins long. Hopefully they'll just move to the BJCC. The kid is from Tuscaloosa, though. Can't fault him for wanting to fight in his hometown.

His hometown decided it was too much of a distraction for them the first time, which is why UAB got it. I wouldn't mind BJCC either as I think crowds would be larger so more hype/publicity. Still wouldn't put it past them to say you (UAB/Bham) can't have it & we're not going to do it either (they don't need the revenue) so some other city will take all the benefits just to spite UAB/Bham

I don't see how the BOT could interfere with the fight going to BJCC.