CSNbbs
Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . (/thread-744678.html)

Pages: 1 2

Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - teebone - 08-08-2015 09:29 AM

non-football/basketball related post, but I don't have many options and time is of the essence.

So after the heavy rains on 8/7, I walked nine at Audubon. At the seventh hole tee box there was a Canadian goose in distress. It had a fishing line wrapped around one leg and could barely put his foot on the ground. The line is cutting into his leg but would be easy cut away if the goose could be caught. I checked with the pro shop and they were aware of the goose but stated there was nothing they could do about it.

After playing, I called various agencies without success. However, I did reach a lady with a wild bird rescue outfit in north Mississippi who said that the goose would lose its leg if the line was not removed. She said it would probably take 5 or 6 people surrounding the bird in order to catch it.

So, that's it. If anyone knows of a place which might get involved please forward this information. Hey, maybe some U of M students reading this might want to do a good deed. One never knows. Anyway, the seventh tee is located on the west side of Cherry Road a little north of Memphis Botanic Gardens. The poor guy didn't look like he could walk very far, so I'm thinking he will be hanging out in that area. Thanks.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - georgiatiger - 08-08-2015 09:40 AM

I phoned the Humane Society, but their offices do not open until 10am. The message I got was unclear if anyone would be available at that time.

(901) 937-3900

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Pastnerized - 08-08-2015 09:43 AM

Call the zoo. They most likely will know who to get to.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - georgiatiger - 08-08-2015 09:54 AM

Zoo directed me to Wildlife Services (901) 598-8555. I had to leave a message, but it was detailed. I left a callback number.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - georgiatiger - 08-08-2015 10:09 AM

Okay, I looked it up and that 'Wildlife Services' is basically an animal removal company. I phoned the Humane Society and received a message stating that the inspector was out of the office performing training. I left a message. That's all I got. Good luck, duck.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - tigeriron - 08-08-2015 10:11 AM

school kids and a big sheet

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Bathtub Gin - 08-08-2015 10:14 AM

Canadian geese taste wonderful wrapped in bacon stuffed with cream cheese and a jalapeño pepper.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Tiger1983 - 08-08-2015 10:46 AM

(08-08-2015 10:14 AM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  Canadian geese taste wonderful wrapped in bacon stuffed with cream cheese and a jalapeño pepper.

I could do without the pepper, but otherwise it appears to be a tasty meal.

The below link describes another way to cook a goose:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_roast_a_goose/

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - spankadelphia - 08-08-2015 01:04 PM

Gee, I wonder where the fishing line came from? Could it be the human waste receptacles that show up at the Audubon lake with their coolers and fishing rods?

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - ncrdbl1 - 08-08-2015 04:17 PM

Is there literally going to be a wild goose chase today?

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - kabluey - 08-08-2015 07:12 PM

Not sure if this would be up the u of m river warriors' alley but they seem to be able to get people out for cleanups, etc.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - TruthBomb - 08-08-2015 09:41 PM

I've hit 3 hole in ones at Audubon

Fact

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - tigeriron - 08-09-2015 12:24 AM

(08-08-2015 01:04 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  Gee, I wonder where the fishing line came from? Could it be the human waste receptacles that show up at the Audubon lake with their coolers and fishing rods?

do folks still fish out there? was a family friendly place back in the day before they blocked it off. all that to curb frisbees and pot, no doubt.

anyway, a kid fishing out there caught back to back huge flatheads. darn impressive.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Tiger1983 - 08-09-2015 12:50 AM

(08-08-2015 09:41 PM)TruthBomb Wrote:  I've hit 3 hole in ones at Audubon

Fact

Wow. Was it at the same hole?

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - MileHighTiger - 08-09-2015 09:02 AM

Why is this thread here?

You saved a goose

Congrats

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - spankadelphia - 08-09-2015 02:44 PM

(08-09-2015 12:24 AM)tigeriron Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 01:04 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  Gee, I wonder where the fishing line came from? Could it be the human waste receptacles that show up at the Audubon lake with their coolers and fishing rods?

do folks still fish out there? was a family friendly place back in the day before they blocked it off. all that to curb frisbees and pot, no doubt.

anyway, a kid fishing out there caught back to back huge flatheads. darn impressive.

There's always some douchenozzle out there with a cooler and a fishing rod. It may have been legal to fish there 20-30 years ago, but not today. Plenty of ultimate frisbee and weed to go around doe.

Re: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - shere khan - 08-09-2015 03:58 PM

City folks, smh

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - Rocket City - 08-09-2015 04:36 PM

(08-08-2015 09:29 AM)teebone Wrote:  Canadian goose in distress.

How do you know it was Canadian? Probably a Canada goose.

I understand you wanting to help the bird as I hate to see animals suffer but they are a nuisance on the golf course as they eat the greens and crap all over everything. A lot like some of our "fans".

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - holyterror - 08-09-2015 04:51 PM

(08-09-2015 04:36 PM)Rocket City Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 09:29 AM)teebone Wrote:  Canadian goose in distress.

How do you know it was Canadian? Probably a Canada goose.

I understand you wanting to help the bird as I hate to see animals suffer but they are a nuisance on the golf course as they eat the greens and crap all over everything. A lot like some of our "fans".

I was afraid he was talking about Stammers. 04-cheers

True story: The local World Wildlife Federation protested/delayed a proposed Canada goose season on a local reservoir. Their chapter Pres then slipped and fell in goose poop, breaking her hip. The hunting season was set for the very next winter.

RE: Aududon Golf Course - Sorry for the . . . . . . - salukiblue - 08-11-2015 02:18 PM

[Image: 633709012941373510-thewwf.jpg]