CSNbbs
Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl (/thread-744150.html)

Pages: 1 2

Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - CajunFanatico - 08-01-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:We gauge the teams most likely to earn the group's automatic College Football Playoff access bowl bid, identify the coaches most likely to move to a Power Five school and much more.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/07/28/football-four-podcast-episode-5-group--five-mwc-cusa-aac-mac-sun-belt/30768825/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-5q8y0ghUG56V3Eolp7ubBw&AID=10709313&PID=6146927&SID=ictpvwbmj6001vmn00dth

It's gonna be one of the following: Boise State, Cincy, WKU, Marshall, N. Illinois.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - RedWolf_Rex - 08-01-2015 07:11 PM

Personally I dont see a CUSA team getti g it either. Boise, MAC or AAC

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - slycat - 08-01-2015 07:57 PM

Time to prove them wrong.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - HCJag - 08-01-2015 08:00 PM

(08-01-2015 07:11 PM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  Personally I dont see a CUSA team getti g it either. Boise, MAC or AAC

I agree, Marshall has a slim shot at best. There's probably only three teams on their schedule that could possibly beat them. MTSU and lower rung P5 Purdue if they can pull the upset, and WKU who has a legit shot. Then again, with their SOS I would be surprised to see a two loss team ahead of them at year's end. They have nothing that would be considered a marquee win, something a G5 team will need. Marshall's good, but their schedule will probably work against them.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - chiefsfan - 08-01-2015 08:08 PM

I don't think they are basing it on the weakness of the league as much as they are the difficult schedules. We've got OOC schedules that if someone went 12-0, the league would likely get a representative. They just don't think anyone can do that.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - GeauxUL - 08-01-2015 08:46 PM

(08-01-2015 07:11 PM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  Personally I dont see a CUSA team getti g it either. Boise, MAC or AAC

With 2 CUSA teams getting preseason votes and the SBC and AAC getting one each, I think any of the conferences have a shot to get it access bowl...

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - RedWolf_Rex - 08-01-2015 09:21 PM

(08-01-2015 08:46 PM)GeauxUL Wrote:  

With 2 CUSA teams getting preseason votes and the SBC and AAC getting one each, I think any of the conferences have a shot to get it access bowl...
I understand but even if they were undefeated Marshall doesn't make the access bowl last year IMO

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - ark30inf - 08-01-2015 09:40 PM

If A-State goes undefeated....we probably get the access bowl slot.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - bullitt_60 - 08-01-2015 09:50 PM

Paul Myerberg has no chance at the access bowl.

Re: RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - trojanbrutha - 08-01-2015 10:37 PM

(08-01-2015 07:57 PM)slycat Wrote:  Time to prove them wrong.

Hey...that's a Coach Brown saying...!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - CajunFanatico - 08-02-2015 06:47 AM

(08-01-2015 09:40 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  If A-State goes undefeated....we probably get the access bowl slot.

My thought exactly. And I was going to post just that on the C-USA board where I lifted the thread, but I didn't want to interrupt their circle jerk.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - GSU Eagles - 08-02-2015 07:16 AM

Given the conference's record against P5s you can't blame him. ULM has held their own there, but ULL and Ark St have been awful.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - EigenEagle - 08-02-2015 07:41 AM

So I presume Myerberg is saying NIU could make the access bowl with an 11-1 record (loss to Ohio State) but Georgia Southern couldn't make it at 11-1 with a loss to UGA?

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - runamuck - 08-02-2015 07:42 AM

(08-02-2015 07:16 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Given the conference's record against P5s you can't blame him. ULM has held their own there, but ULL and Ark St have been awful.

exactly. for one of our teams to generate enough hype for the bid, one would have to go undefeated and the way everyone has scheduled, there is pretty much no chance of that. I see everybody with at least 2 losses.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - GeauxUL - 08-02-2015 09:16 AM

(08-02-2015 07:16 AM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Given the conference's record against P5s you can't blame him. ULM has held their own there, but ULL and Ark St have been awful.

Could go as far as to say our OOC records...we can beat up on each other all we want but the SBC OOC record sucked last year...

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - geauxcajuns - 08-02-2015 09:50 AM

Just continue to win every head to head against G5 opposition and pull off one or two upsets against P5 programs each year and we will our respect.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - GSU Eagles - 08-02-2015 11:56 AM

Perception could change quickly with a few big wins. GS over WV would be solid and ULL must beat UK considering WKU has done that twice recently.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - The4thOption - 08-02-2015 12:05 PM

Here's the real question, Why the help do they call it the Access Bowl? Considering that it does NOT give access to the playoff? They keep all of us G5 programs arguing about and fighting over which one of us gets it and we forget that it's just scraps. The P5 conferences just continue to sit up high in their chairs at the kings table and laugh at us rolling around on the dirt floor fighting for this piece of gristle they threw down. Are we supposed to be happy with that? NO, WE want a seat at the table, at least for one of us each year! That is what we need stories written about.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - GSU Eagles - 08-02-2015 12:20 PM

(08-02-2015 12:05 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  Here's the real question, Why the help do they call it the Access Bowl? Considering that it does NOT give access to the playoff? They keep all of us G5 programs arguing about and fighting over which one of us gets it and we forget that it's just scraps. The P5 conferences just continue to sit up high in their chairs at the kings table and laugh at us rolling around on the dirt floor fighting for this piece of gristle they threw down. Are we supposed to be happy with that? NO, WE want a seat at the table, at least for one of us each year! That is what we need stories written about.

The system now is world's better than it was before the access bowl. At least now one of us is guaranteed a spot whereas previously you had to be ranked in the top 16. Last year under the old system the G5 would have been left out.

RE: Paul Myerberg: SunBelt has no shot at Access Bowl - chiefsfan - 08-02-2015 12:37 PM

We've caught some bad luck. Went through about a 4 or 5 year stretch recently when every OOC opponent we played was either ranked at the time of our game, or finished the season ranked. Outside of Oregon, we were not exactly playing top level programs in that time...we just caught them in bad years. Sort of like playing Auburn twice, the year they won the National Title, and the year they finished National Runner Up.