CSNbbs
Arthur "OG" Barclay - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Arthur "OG" Barclay (/thread-744105.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Arthur "OG" Barclay - missjtiger - 08-01-2015 05:59 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 29, 2015
Senator Fred Madden, (856) 845-9006

Arthur Barclay and Patricia Egan Jones to Run for State Assembly in New Jersey’s 5th District

(BELLMAWR, NJ) - Tonight 5th Legislative District Democratic leaders nominated Camden City Councilman Arthur Barclay and Camden County Surrogate Patricia Egan Jones to join the ticket led by Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez in this fall’s elections. Mrs. Jones will replace Assemblyman Angel Fuentes, who resigned from his seat effective July 1, both in office and on the ballot this November. Mr. Barclay will replace Holly Cass, the winner of the Democratic primary, for the second Assembly slot on the ticket. Members of the Camden and Gloucester County Democratic Committees in the 5th District made the nominations Wednesday evening at the Bellmawr Park Fire Hall.

“We are very happy that Pat and Art will serve as part of this year’s team for the Legislature,” said State Senator Fred Madden (D-4), Chairman of the Gloucester County Democratic Committee. “A ticket led by Senator Cruz-Perez and including strong leaders like Art, Pat and Michelle allows for a continuation of the excellent service Democrats have provided the people of South Jersey," continued Madden.

A dedicated public servant, Surrogate Jones has been active in the community for more than thirty years in government and at a host of nonprofit and service organizations. She was the long-time chief of staff for the late Senator Walter Rand, who represented the District for two decades, and to former State Assembly Speaker Joseph J. Roberts, Jr., who also represented the 5th District. Surrogate Jones also played a critical role in bringing the U.S.S. New Jersey to the Camden waterfront. For her dedication and achievements, Jones was honored as one of Rutgers’ “fifty finest” graduates during their 50th Anniversary celebration held in 2000.

“In the Assembly, I will work with my colleagues to make sure that South Jersey continues to get its fair share from Trenton, especially needed funding for our schools and world-class higher education institutions,” said Mrs. Jones, a longtime resident of Barrington, who also lived in Gloucester County. “I’m excited about the opportunity to serve in Trenton and represent the interests of every community in the 5th Legislative District.”

Arthur Barclay was born and raised in the City of Camden, educated in Camden City public schools and starred on the Camden High School basketball team, where he led the team to State Championship and Tournament of Champions titles and served as Captain during his Junior and Senior years. A graduate of the University of Memphis, where he received his B.A. degree in Sociology, Councilman Barclay was elected to his first term as a Councilman-At-Large in 2014 -- the highest vote-getter in the City Council election. Barclay is focused on youth outreach and volunteers with several organizations that encourage youth involvement and leadership, including Camden High Men’s Basketball Team, Below the Rim Basketball Program and South Jersey Rising Stars.

“In the Legislature, I will do what I’ve done throughout my career: focus on helping working families build better lives for themselves and their children,” said Mr. Barclay. “We need to keep South Jersey affordable for middle class families in every community – whether the City of Camden or suburban communities like Woodbury, Deptford and the many other towns that make up the 5th Legislative District.”

Mrs. Jones and Mr. Barclay will join the ticket led by Senator Cruz-Perez, the first Latina to serve in the New Jersey Legislature. Senator Cruz-Perez faces her first Senate election in November after being appointed to fill the unexpired term of now-Congressman Donald Norcross in December 2014.

“We thank Assemblyman Fuentes for his service and Ms. Cass for her willingness to step aside for Art Barclay. We owe each a debt of gratitude,” said State Senator Jim Beach, Chairman of the Camden County Democratic Committee. “We believe the Democratic ticket brings experience, fresh energy and broad perspective to our ticket and in their service to our community. It’s an excellent team across the board and we are very excited about this fall’s elections.”

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - hongkongtiger - 08-01-2015 06:26 AM

Good story about a good guy posted by a good person. nuf said!

Arthur "OG" Barclay - tnzazz - 08-01-2015 06:32 AM

Very cool.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - Tiger1983 - 08-01-2015 07:19 AM

Good find, thank you.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - tmoneyinmphs - 08-01-2015 07:27 AM

Cool for OG.

Miss J, haven't seen you in a while at the org. Hope you're doing well. Your dog krew has expanded. Didn't see kyzer and now you got all these lil koko lookalikes. Wanna share their names?

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - bluebacker - 08-01-2015 07:56 AM

Good stuff!

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - holyterror - 08-01-2015 08:12 AM

Anytime a Memphis grad dispels the "dumb jock" stereotype it's a good thing.

Good to hear from you, missj!

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - tigersroll - 08-01-2015 08:46 AM

Very good read. Way to go O.G.!!!!

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - Smith - 08-01-2015 09:31 AM

I never would have guessed when he played here. Good for him. I sure he will do a good job.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - hsvtiger - 08-01-2015 09:57 AM

Thanks, Miss J!
Great to "hear" from you. Don't be a stranger.
Funny...just yesterday, I was wondering about you and lamenting you absence.
04-cheers

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - DallasTiger - 08-01-2015 11:39 AM

Please come back....we desperately need you!!

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - MTigerBlue - 08-01-2015 11:45 AM

He was the level-headed leader on that team with the basket case. Without him, we may never have experienced all those successful post-season appearances. Hope he keeps that perspective now that he's a public servant.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - holyterror - 08-01-2015 11:57 AM

I'd love to have a 21-year-old Arthur Barclay on next season's team. 6-8 and 255.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - Strat57 - 08-01-2015 12:29 PM

A real success story.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - OneShiningMoment - 08-01-2015 02:01 PM

did someone hack into missj's mt.org account and posted a story???

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - HoopDreams - 08-01-2015 05:06 PM

(08-01-2015 11:57 AM)holyterror Wrote:  I'd love to have a 21-year-old Arthur Barclay on next season's team. 6-8 and 255.

He was 6-6 on his best day and had the knees of a 50 year old.

Yet he was the starting center on an NCAA tourney team.

Sometimes it's not always about talent.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - holyterror - 08-01-2015 05:51 PM

Not questioning you, just quoting wiki, which as we all know makes it gospel.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - HoopDreams - 08-01-2015 06:17 PM

(08-01-2015 05:51 PM)holyterror Wrote:  Not questioning you, just quoting wiki, which as we all know makes it gospel.

Gotcha.

For whatever reasons colleges add inches to height.

Never understood the rationale.

Dorsey was listed at 6-9 and measured 6-6.5 at the combine.

What Barclay lacked in skill, athleticism and size, he made up with pure will and grit.

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - k2tigers - 08-01-2015 10:27 PM

I'm not quite sure what "OG" means but I think I have a good idea. Not sure why the thread starter would even include that moniker. Art is now a seasoned politico and I'm sure nobody wants that moniker attached to him. SMDH

RE: Arthur "OG" Barclay - hongkongtiger - 08-02-2015 06:24 AM

(08-01-2015 10:27 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  I'm not quite sure what "OG" means but I think I have a good idea. Not sure why the thread starter would even include that moniker. Art is now a seasoned politico and I'm sure nobody wants that moniker attached to him. SMDH

Oversized Guard 03-lmfao