CSNbbs
NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! (/thread-743756.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - goniu1523 - 07-28-2015 11:41 AM

It should be a very exciting year with the new freshman and as long as Dontel Highsmith stays healthy and get's back on to the court.

http://www.niuhuskies.com/tickets/index.html

Can't find season ticket prices or even a full schedule or how many home games we have. But yet they go on sale today.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - The Frisky Biscuit - 07-28-2015 12:30 PM

Well, when you click on the season tickets area for men's basketball....you get the pdf for football season tickets. D'oh!

The ladies one is up.....it has some options for men's basketball on it if you are a season ticket holder for the ladies or for football.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - HuskieJohn - 07-28-2015 12:37 PM

(07-28-2015 12:30 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  Well, when you click on the season tickets area for men's basketball....you get the pdf for football season tickets. D'oh!

The ladies one is up.....it has some options for men's basketball on it if you are a season ticket holder for the ladies or for football.

If that what that section of the form means then its very confusing. I read that as a typo like its supposed to be the MBB season ticket form.

Also that is the 14-15 form.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - The Frisky Biscuit - 07-28-2015 12:38 PM

(07-28-2015 12:37 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 12:30 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  Well, when you click on the season tickets area for men's basketball....you get the pdf for football season tickets. D'oh!

If that what that section of the form means then its very confusing. I read that as a typo like its supposed to be the MBB season ticket form.

Also that is the 14-15 form.

Oh yeah, good call. NOTHING WORKS!

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - DiehardHuskie - 07-28-2015 12:55 PM

03-banghead

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Stay Cool - 07-28-2015 01:45 PM

I for one plan on attending considerably more games than i did last year (2) as a student. I dont get why more students dont go...

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - HuskieJohn - 07-28-2015 02:32 PM

(07-28-2015 01:45 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  I for one plan on attending considerably more games than i did last year (2) as a student. I dont get why more students dont go...

In 6 full years at NIU I attended a total of 1 mens basketball game (a TJ Lux game in the Chick...and only because the NS ran an editorial of someone scolding the students and football players for not attending the games...was that Mike K.?), a few min of 1 VB match (not even 1 set), 3 innings of a baseball game and 2 innings of a softball game. Even though I was in 4 sports in High School (though not that great) I had very little interest in college sports at NIU other than football. I had zero interest in college sports outside of NIU.

I lived in the Dorms for 3 years all before the Covo opened.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Stay Cool - 07-28-2015 02:40 PM

I think a big part of it too is the marketing of it sucks. I never hear about when the basketball games are and i never really see flyers for them. Which is bad for me to say, my fiancée's friend is in charge of the mens basketball team PR and uploading their highlight videos to the NIU websites and YouTube. They should push to put themselves out there more or offer incentives for students to go. Even if it's stupid little incentives like coupons to VCB or Ollies or NIU souvenirs like foam fingers and the huskie hats. Anything, and go overboard with advertising if need be. I'm curious to see the new recruits (didnt we nab a 4* this year?) and highsmith healthy.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Dog Fan - 07-28-2015 02:50 PM

(07-28-2015 02:40 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  I think a big part of it too is the marketing of it sucks. I never hear about when the basketball games are and i never really see flyers for them. Which is bad for me to say, my fiancée's friend is in charge of the mens basketball team PR and uploading their highlight videos to the NIU websites and YouTube. They should push to put themselves out there more or offer incentives for students to go. Even if it's stupid little incentives like coupons to VCB or Ollies or NIU souvenirs like foam fingers and the huskie hats. Anything, and go overboard with advertising if need be. I'm curious to see the new recruits (didnt we nab a 4* this year?) and highsmith healthy.

I will tell you this: the concessions in the donors' area has giant (and I do mean giant) foot-long, one-pound hot dogs. I have never been able to finish one. If those puppies are not enough incentive to attend a game, I don't know what is.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - goniu1523 - 07-28-2015 06:31 PM

They updated the season ticket form for Men's Basketball now.

Looks like the have a Huskie family pack for 329.00. Seams like a lot of money. But we still don't know how much single game tickets are.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - numbersdontlie - 07-28-2015 06:36 PM

how are courtside seats only $15 more than general admin. whats the donation requirement?

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - dekalb222 - 07-28-2015 06:46 PM

700 dollars, I believe

NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Dog Fan - 07-28-2015 06:48 PM

(07-28-2015 06:46 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  700 dollars, I believe

And I believe they are sold out.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - MaddDawgz02 - 07-28-2015 07:09 PM

I must have completely missed this, has the renewal deadline passed already?

NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Dog Fan - 07-28-2015 07:30 PM

(07-28-2015 07:09 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I must have completely missed this, has the renewal deadline passed already?

No, this is just the first day for season tickets sales. They have not sent out the renewals yet for current season ticket holders. It's a bit early.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - MaddDawgz02 - 07-28-2015 08:16 PM

(07-28-2015 07:30 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 07:09 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I must have completely missed this, has the renewal deadline passed already?

No, this is just the first day for season tickets sales. They have not sent out the renewals yet for current season ticket holders. It's a bit early.

Oh good thanks DF!

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - Dog Fan - 07-29-2015 03:30 PM

Got an e-mail today from the ticket office about early renewal of our men's BB season tickets. This is the first time they have had an early renewal. Usually, you get the form in the mail and return it with your check.

In the e-mail....

"New this season is the Huskie Family Pack season ticket. The Family Pack offers fans four season tickets for only $329, a savings of over $110 on four regularly priced season tickets! These packages are available in sections 116 and 117 located directly behind the hoop!"

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - GCD70 - 07-29-2015 03:33 PM

(07-28-2015 06:48 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 06:46 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  700 dollars, I believe

And I believe they are sold out.

i heard they were sold out. So big for basketball to turn it around from a revenue standpoint.

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - dekalb222 - 07-29-2015 06:08 PM

I think court side tix sold out or were close to selling out last year. I think you should have a schedule before tickets are available. Also a current roster would help!

RE: NIU Men's Basketball Season Tickets go on sale today! - MaddDawgz02 - 07-29-2015 06:12 PM

(07-29-2015 06:08 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  I think court side tix sold out or were close to selling out last year. I think you should have a schedule before tickets are available. Also a current roster would help!

Agreed, or at least a partial schedule. I really thought NIU would have been able to get a one bigger opponent into DeKalb, must be a tough haul to do that. Sometimes all you need is that one big game with a great atmosphere to bring in many many new fans