CSNbbs
So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? (/thread-741984.html)

Pages: 1 2

So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Repetitious Tiger - 07-07-2015 06:29 PM

Seriously?

I say fire Pastner anyway and let the cards fall where they may.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - TigerBill - 07-07-2015 06:32 PM

(07-07-2015 06:29 PM)Repetitious Tiger Wrote:  Seriously?

You don't go back on a decision like this. Nichols is gone.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Repetitious Tiger - 07-07-2015 06:38 PM

(07-07-2015 06:32 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  

Oh, I get that. I'd still fire Josh and let what happens happen. This is just TOO too much.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Repetitious Tiger - 07-17-2015 12:30 AM

Please tell me that he is gone. Scoff.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Tygrys - 07-17-2015 08:38 AM

It does no good to fire a coach at this time and have an interim coach for a full year. It is bad for recruiting, bad for PR, and will be bad for the overall record. He is here and will (and should) remain here for the entire season. After the season, barring a miracle run, he needs to be fired...

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - fsquid - 07-17-2015 08:40 AM

yup

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - HoopDreams - 07-17-2015 08:58 AM

I'm not saying AN returns.

But to your point- Doneal Mack actually enrolled at New Orleans then came back.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - macgar32 - 07-17-2015 09:06 AM

(07-07-2015 06:38 PM)Repetitious Tiger Wrote:  

Oh, I get that. I'd still fire Josh and let what happens happen. This is just TOO too much.

What do you gain by firing Pastner now!!! Essentially nothing, all you get is bad publicity for the university.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Briskbas - 07-17-2015 11:14 AM

(07-17-2015 08:58 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  

Yeah, but Mack didn't leave with his middle fingers blazing, tho.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - UPStiger - 07-17-2015 11:38 AM

After hearing what I believe to be the inside story, AN ain't coming back. The shade that was thrown by his attorney was an unfortunate consequence of what was originally a very embarrassing situation for Austin.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - snowtiger - 07-17-2015 12:09 PM

(07-17-2015 11:38 AM)UPStiger Wrote:  After hearing what I believe to be the inside story, AN ain't coming back. The shade that was thrown by his attorney was an unfortunate consequence of what was originally a very embarrassing situation for Austin.

Embarrassment fades fast in this media environment. I'm not saying AN will/won't/should/shouldn't come back, but let the embarrassment bring us together! There's plenty to go around. It sucks but it's gotta be good for something.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Stammers - 07-17-2015 03:51 PM

The funniest thing about this is that you whined and fought tooth and nail about it being a waste of time and unnecessary for AN to meet Pastner one on one, yet within a day or two of all this Deandre Jordan reneges on an $80 million agreement, and you reference Mack coming back after he had actually enrolled elsewhere. You aren't very difficult to figure out.

RRR

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - HoopDreams - 07-17-2015 06:43 PM

(07-17-2015 03:51 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

The funniest thing about this is that you whined and fought tooth and nail about it being a waste of time and unnecessary for AN to meet Pastner one on one, yet within a day or two of all this Deandre Jordan reneges on an $80 million agreement, and you reference Mack coming back after he had actually enrolled elsewhere. You aren't very difficult to figure out.

RRR

I have no idea what this means.

Bill said no way...I was just providing an example that anything is possible.

It didn't have anything to do with AN to me.

What's the adage- I'll believe it when they are in uniform playing the first game.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - 450bench - 07-17-2015 07:13 PM

Pastner should have been fired at the end of the season, regardless.
The bad crap would be in the rear view mirror and we'd still have Nick, Powell and Austin. Plus the excitement level would be off the charts for both sports.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Pastnerized - 07-17-2015 09:21 PM

(07-17-2015 11:38 AM)UPStiger Wrote:  After hearing what I believe to be the inside story, AN ain't coming back. The shade that was thrown by his attorney was an unfortunate consequence of what was originally a very embarrassing situation for Austin.

Yes, indeed.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - tigergeorge55 - 07-18-2015 01:24 PM

(07-17-2015 12:09 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Embarrassment fades fast in this media environment. I'm not saying AN will/won't/should/shouldn't come back, but let the embarrassment bring us together! There's plenty to go around. It sucks but it's gotta be good for something.

Not to me it won't

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Smith - 07-18-2015 01:56 PM

You wouldn't want him on your team anyway. He needs to sit out a year regardless. He let his teammates down at the end of year when they needed him the most and then quits in the summer and leaves his teammates one player short at a time of the year when it is almost impossible to find a replacement. Someone with this weak of a soul I wouldn't want around. I only want people around I can count on. The coach is not responsible for your manhood, if you don't have it, a coach cannot give it to you.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - Atlanta - 07-18-2015 04:21 PM

I think JP is the scapegoat here relative to AN. Nichols' dad was unhappy with Memphis from the get go. You know the "It's your decision, son. Go anywhere you like. Sure I like Memphis, it's your hometown, but just make sure you give serious consideration to UT where your sister goes, to Duke & UVA where you have the opportunity to play in the best BB conference....". And then MN complains from the time AN gets on the court for one reason or another because although it was AN's decision to make, MN has been working overtime to blame anything Memphis for anything negative associated with AN. Point is, AN would still be in the same position & MN would still be saying make the break, even if JP were gone.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - OleManBlue - 07-18-2015 07:12 PM

(07-17-2015 09:21 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  

Yes, indeed.

If what I heard is true, indeed an embarrassing situation for a young kid and the Captain of his team. Apparently his Dad is something else and appears to have instigated most of the aftermath. Hard to grow up under those circumstances.

RE: So, even if Pastner was fired, Nichols would STILL want to transfer? - snowtiger - 07-18-2015 08:07 PM

(07-18-2015 01:24 PM)tigergeorge55 Wrote:  
(07-17-2015 12:09 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Not to me it won't

I'm lost. What is it? The it that won't?