CSNbbs
Site Service Restored - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Site Service Restored (/thread-741843.html)

Site Service Restored - georgia_tech_swagger - 07-06-2015 03:24 PM

Sorry for the slowness today. There was a DDOS attack originating out of Poland and Russia, and using Amazon EC2 cloud services as well.

I wasn't until around 4 PM ET I checked the site to mitigate the issue. I think this is the first time something happened where my phone didn't ring off the hook in < 5 minutes. Maybe I will have to install non-human monitoring after all!

Carry on being unproductive as usual.

RE: Site Service Restored - Niner National - 07-06-2015 04:14 PM

(07-06-2015 03:24 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Sorry for the slowness today. There was a DDOS attack originating out of Poland and Russia, and using Amazon EC2 cloud services as well.

I wasn't until around 4 PM ET I checked the site to mitigate the issue. I think this is the first time something happened where my phone didn't ring off the hook in < 5 minutes. Maybe I will have to install non-human monitoring after all!

Carry on being unproductive as usual.

This actually made me laugh because when you think about it, you make money with a site that makes people less productive at work.

RE: Site Service Restored - georgia_tech_swagger - 07-06-2015 05:16 PM

(07-06-2015 04:14 PM)Niner National Wrote:  This actually made me laugh because when you think about it, you make money with a site that makes people less productive at work.

I'd argue they are still more productive getting their fix in one big concentrated dose than scouring slowly all over the internet.

02-13-banana