CSNbbs
Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? (/thread-741789.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - tiger2000 - 07-05-2015 07:29 PM

would genuinely like to know - everyone agrees that FB is the key to the future and would like to know why fans do not have tickets. If we know why not, maybe Rudd, et., Al. can help grow based upon those reasons.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - eltigre - 07-05-2015 07:33 PM

I live in the 256 and have 2 season tickets.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - Tiger1983 - 07-05-2015 08:48 PM

Youth Village season tickets cost only $60 each. There is absolutely no excuse for most Tiger fans frequentling this site not to buy at least one regular or YV season ticket regardless of their area code. I surmise those carping and complaining the most here do the least to help the football program.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - Tiger Greg - 07-05-2015 09:59 PM

I just don't have the money. No excuses. Just the way it is.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - memphomike - 07-05-2015 10:23 PM

GET YOUR TIX!!! Cut 4 yards and you can get tix.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - snowtiger - 07-05-2015 10:29 PM

I got some Youth Village ones, but I'm thinking about buying two for da family to use. I just need a little encouragement here.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - SayWhat? - 07-05-2015 10:34 PM

(07-05-2015 07:29 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  would genuinely like to know - everyone agrees that FB is the key to the future and would like to know why fans do not have tickets. If we know why not, maybe Rudd, et., Al. can help grow based upon those reasons.

Good question. Especially with the potential of the upcoming season. But we really only need another 10K to 15K which seems a bit more obtainable and a goal within reach. Hoping to actually fill the LB would be nice but for us a bit over the top. But getting people to buy a season ticket for one of the Youth Village kids might be a reach for some. It might be more reachable to ask people to donate $5 to $20 to a fund for such a cause. More power in numbers, and affordable for almost anyone. Even businesses could be solicited for small donations. A bunch pretty girls (students at U of M) volunteering to go to a lot of these small businesses would raise a lot I bet.

Or getting the kids at Youth Village to get permission to ask for donations to buy tickets to go to the games would also most likely raise a good bit. Places like the malls where people traffic is heavy. Having big signs so people can read what the funding is for is usually much better than having some kid with a can coming up to shoppers asking for money is not the best approach. Going to Tiger games would be a big deal to these kids. These kids cheer like crazy.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - geosnooker2000 - 07-05-2015 10:35 PM

I would like to know as well, although, I suspect the vast majority of Tigers fans have no idea this board even exists, so getting a good count might be problematic.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - ksigtigerdood - 07-05-2015 10:41 PM

I can certainly understand if you don't have the income. It's easy to say, "it's only $60!" But, that money can certainly come in handy when you have bills to pay and not much of a disposable income

But, there are PLENTY of Tiger supporters with plenty of disposable income who don't buy in for Tiger football. I can think of 10-20 friends of mine who spend thousands on basketball tickets, but do not buy football tix. Some are supporters of other college football teams. But, I do think many would buy in if they see how fun the game days are at the Liberty Bowl.

We need to push as much as possible to get support for the first couple of games. Do whatever necessary to fill the place up. From there, have kiosks/stands set up at those for people to buy pro-rated season tickets. We have to fill up the stadium, but we also have to do it in a profitable way.

Conference realignment is about to become a very big deal, and losing out again could be a major blow. I understand the university's approach to keeping things quiet. But, I do wish they were a little more vocal about the importance of attendance and support for football. Selling out the Liberty Bowl on a weekly basis would certainly get the attention of the B12 decision makers.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - SayWhat? - 07-05-2015 10:48 PM

Also announce this fund raising at the games and ask for just $5 or what ever they can give. What is another $5? But ask for $60 and you will have people walk by like you don't exist.

Ask for an extra $5 when people are renewing their seasons tickets.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - tiger2000 - 07-06-2015 07:01 AM

(07-05-2015 10:41 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  I can certainly understand if you don't have the income. It's easy to say, "it's only $60!" But, that money can certainly come in handy when you have bills to pay and not much of a disposable income

But, there are PLENTY of Tiger supporters with plenty of disposable income who don't buy in for Tiger football. I can think of 10-20 friends of mine who spend thousands on basketball tickets, but do not buy football tix. Some are supporters of other college football teams. But, I do think many would buy in if they see how fun the game days are at the Liberty Bowl.

We need to push as much as possible to get support for the first couple of games. Do whatever necessary to fill the place up. From there, have kiosks/stands set up at those for people to buy pro-rated season tickets. We have to fill up the stadium, but we also have to do it in a profitable way.

Conference realignment is about to become a very big deal, and losing out again could be a major blow. I understand the university's approach to keeping things quiet. But, I do wish they were a little more vocal about the importance of attendance and support for football. Selling out the Liberty Bowl on a weekly basis would certainly get the attention of the B12 decision makers.

The aerial picture from the CA's showboats write up Sunday showed what a packed liberty bowl looks like. It was pretty amazing.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - 99Tiger - 07-06-2015 10:56 AM

I didn't have them last year...the Memphis FB season overlapped with my oldest son's FB season too much.

I have them this year.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - ksigtigerdood - 07-06-2015 11:23 AM

(07-06-2015 11:06 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  I don't live in the 901, but I did buy a pair for my mom and dad.

"can't afford" is a legitimate reason for some, though at $60 the number who can't afford should be somewhat small.

Does anyone know what the current head count is? Are we ahead of last year at all?

Grant Milner said last week that some firm numbers should come out soon (potentially this week). He stated that we're trending ahead of last year and that a large corporate account was about to renew.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - Brother Bluto - 07-06-2015 11:59 AM

(07-05-2015 09:59 PM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  I just don't have the money. No excuses. Just the way it is.

I'm shocked. I figured you for a multi millionaire

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - poppaslaw - 07-06-2015 01:07 PM

(07-06-2015 11:06 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  I don't live in the 901, but I did buy a pair for my mom and dad.

"can't afford" is a legitimate reason for some, though at $60 the number who can't afford should be somewhat small.

Does anyone know what the current head count is? Are we ahead of last year at all?

Pretty sure the cheapest season ticket is $89 now. It was $55 last year. Most likely because of the Ole Miss game.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - DDrum1961 - 07-06-2015 01:19 PM

(07-05-2015 10:41 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  I can certainly understand if you don't have the income. It's easy to say, "it's only $60!" But, that money can certainly come in handy when you have bills to pay and not much of a disposable income

Years and years ago; Louisville would require each season ticket basketball holder to purchase a season ticket for football as well .... One of the things that jump started their football program ...

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - snowtiger - 07-06-2015 01:22 PM

(07-06-2015 01:07 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

Pretty sure the cheapest season ticket is $89 now. It was $55 last year. Most likely because of the Ole Miss game.

So how much do you spend to get fairly decent seats? Just 2

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - 3601 - 07-06-2015 01:54 PM

(07-06-2015 01:19 PM)DDrum1961 Wrote:  

Years and years ago; Louisville would require each season ticket basketball holder to purchase a season ticket for football as well .... One of the things that jump started their football program ...

We've been discussing that topic for years on this (and previous) message boards. I've always been a proponent of that idea, but it really rankled some folks.

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - 3601 - 07-06-2015 02:04 PM

(07-06-2015 01:57 PM)NJ1 Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 01:22 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 01:07 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

So how much do you spend to get fairly decent seats? Just 2

Some of the $89 seats are pretty good... Liberty Bowl is a pretty good place to watch a game from a lot of vantage points. But I believe the next tier up is $200 a pop.

There are great seats for only $89 in Sections 101, 107, 118 and 122. See chart in link below.

https://twitter.com/tigersathletics/status/572562118525902848

RE: Honest question - if you live in the 901 and do not have FB season tickets, why not? - MemTiger90 - 07-06-2015 02:07 PM

Easy. Were all Memphis basketball fans and ole miss football fans. Next.