CSNbbs
Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season (/thread-741436.html)

Pages: 1 2

Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - wnlyons - 06-30-2015 09:27 AM

I am living in Cincinnati currently and so I work with some Cincinnati fans and they said that they will run us through the ground this year in Memphis. They said the only reason we beat them last year was because it was a trap game since they just played Ohio state and miami...what's everyone's thoughts on the game this year?

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - gusrob - 06-30-2015 09:35 AM

(06-30-2015 09:27 AM)wnlyons Wrote:  I am living in Cincinnati currently and so I work with some Cincinnati fans and they said that they will run us through the ground this year in Memphis. They said the only reason we beat them last year was because it was a trap game since they just played Ohio state and miami...what's everyone's thoughts on the game this year?

Most write ups I've seen have Memphis favored to win the AAC. I did see a write up at SB Nation that has Cincy favored in AAC and actually has MEMPHIS at #4 in AAC. The early point spreads keep it pretty close 3-5 points from what I've seen. Prob going to be a knockdown-drag-out. CAN'T WAIT!!! Go Tigers!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/5/8552157/2015-american-football-power-rankings-cincinnati-navy-ucf

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - gusrob - 06-30-2015 09:37 AM

All preseason reviews I've seen have Cincy in 1st (atleast tied) AAC East and Memphis in 1st (atleast tied) AAC West.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - NDTiger - 06-30-2015 09:39 AM

(06-30-2015 09:35 AM)gusrob Wrote:  
(06-30-2015 09:27 AM)wnlyons Wrote:  I am living in Cincinnati currently and so I work with some Cincinnati fans and they said that they will run us through the ground this year in Memphis. They said the only reason we beat them last year was because it was a trap game since they just played Ohio state and miami...what's everyone's thoughts on the game this year?

Most write ups I've seen have Memphis favored to win the AAC. I did see a write up at SB Nation that has Cincy favored in AAC and actually has MEMPHIS at #4 in AAC. The early point spreads keep it pretty close 3-5 points from what I've seen. Prob going to be a knockdown-drag-out. CAN'T WAIT!!! Go Tigers!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/5/8552157/2015-american-football-power-rankings-cincinnati-navy-ucf

The game will be a shoot out. The best defense will win. Hoping the JC DB's we signed step up.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - southpaw1 - 06-30-2015 09:40 AM

They had better shored up their D...it was awful.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - gusrob - 06-30-2015 09:45 AM

Cincinnati has some speed at WR that they spread our D out with last year. They're still there. I agree that it has potential to be a shootout.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - MemTiger90 - 06-30-2015 10:01 AM

We will both torch eachother's defense. It will be a shoot out

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - UofMemphis - 06-30-2015 10:29 AM

I'm just glad the game is the Liberty Bowl, and last years was at the Bengals stadium...Nippert is a tough place to play, esp with the renovations they've made.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - 3601 - 06-30-2015 10:33 AM

It might be the best two teams in the conference. I hope that we are both 3-0 entering the game. If so, that will make for a raucous Thursday night crowd at the Liberty Bowl.

Cincy is a pretty good team and they also have a returning QB. They improved a lot over the 2nd half of the season. I'm glad that we are playing them at home.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - UofMark - 06-30-2015 10:41 AM

After UC scored on like the 3rd play of the game last season, I honestly think they lost the mental toughness it takes to win. Then when we started to bury them, they simply were too shocked to put up much of a fight.
I do think this years game will be much closer and both teams are going to give the national ESPN audience a great game. I know we're up against the Redskins and Giants that night but we'll hold our own.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - gusrob - 06-30-2015 01:35 PM

Winning is hard

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - mairving - 06-30-2015 01:38 PM

That's pretty much the exact same thing that they said last year. Wonder what this years excuse will be.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - tigerlands - 06-30-2015 01:53 PM

Even a blind man can see Memphis has improved so much from what we were, and that we are the real deal...at the moment. Why Bearcats fans can't see this makes me think they don't know much about football. That being said I see it as a tough game between two pretty good teams. A good AAC matchup. Should be fun.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - 3601 - 06-30-2015 02:04 PM

I think Memphis and Cincinnati were very evenly matched last season and that our game against them was somewhat of an anomaly.

I think it was just "one of those" games. If we played them 10 times I think it would have been close to 5 wins each.

The better team doesn't always win and the score isn't always indicative of the true measure of two teams. Any given Saturday....

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - tigerscane - 06-30-2015 02:12 PM

They do not realize just how good we are....We WILL be better this season than we were last season....More Playmaking from our Playmakers like Proctor, Cooper, Mayhue, Frazier, My Buddy Lynch breaks out even more so....O-Line will be Even better....Worries over the defense will be erased soon enough...Because they will be just as good if not better than last years defense....Pennington, Crosby, Suttles, Jackson, Brady, Khalil Johnson, Jared Gentry Watch out.....The World Is Ours Memphis.....

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - SayWhat? - 06-30-2015 02:43 PM

Cincy does have a good fb team. And with that if anyone expects their fans would say any different about Cincy than what we are saying about the Tigers, well... both sides expe ct to win.

Now as far as their fans excuse about who they played before playing us at THEIR house, well they are the ones who scheduled such OOC games. If they don't want to be tired when conference play begins then don't schedule these type teams and then make the excuse that they were tired. I guarantee the coaches and players for Cincy won't under estimate Memphis. They know Memphis is for real. Especially to have to come here to OUR house.
GTG

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - tigers18 - 07-02-2015 02:14 PM

They may have higher rated skill players, but we dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We could have scored 2 more touchdowns in that game but our coaching staff demonstrated sportsmanship. The 11 minute drive to close out the game was a thing of beauty.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - Stammers - 07-02-2015 02:27 PM

(06-30-2015 02:04 PM)3601 Wrote:  I think Memphis and Cincinnati were very evenly matched last season and that our game against them was somewhat of an anomaly.

I think it was just "one of those" games. If we played them 10 times I think it would have been close to 5 wins each.

The better team doesn't always win and the score isn't always indicative of the true measure of two teams. Any given Saturday....

I remember a couple of plays where they had receivers 5 yards behind us and couldn't connect. The first quarter could have turned out a lot different than it did.

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - gusrob - 07-02-2015 04:09 PM

(07-02-2015 02:14 PM)tigers18 Wrote:  They may have higher rated skill players, but we dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We could have scored 2 more touchdowns in that game but our coaching staff demonstrated sportsmanship. The 11 minute drive to close out the game was a thing of beauty.

Nailed it

RE: Memphis vs Cincinnati 2015 football season - ksigtigerdood - 07-02-2015 04:36 PM

We beat them 41-14. That's one helluva trap game.