CSNbbs
Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: Tom Mays Memorial Recruiting (/forum-505.html)
+------- Thread: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM (/thread-740982.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - EarthBoundMisfit - 06-24-2015 08:59 AM

"While Memphis clearly hopes to sign both Chandler and Jeffries three years from now, having already offered scholarships to both of them, Chandler’s mother, Dedra, indicated that Chandler won’t necessarily follow in his brothers’ footsteps to the U of M just because their father is an assistant there."

Not trying to be be rude or anything..but Mrs. Lawson....isn't that why your husband was hired by Coach Pastner...to have his sons sign and play for Memphis?

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - tigersroll - 06-24-2015 09:05 AM

Even more pressure this season for the Lawsons to perform and Josh to get them developed and to NBA.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - salukiblue - 06-24-2015 09:09 AM

(06-24-2015 09:05 AM)tigersroll Wrote:  Even more pressure this season for the Lawsons to perform and Josh to get them developed and to NBA.

Double edged...if they are both in the NBA and not at Memphis, does that diminish the desire to come?

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - SouthernBoiNOLA - 06-24-2015 09:21 AM

I think it is just talk. Of course she is gonna say that out in public. After Coach Lawson said those public statements last year about whoever hires him gets his sons, I bet Coach Pastner sat him down and told him no more statements like that from you or the family. So I think that is why she is saying that she has to say his recruitment is wide open, even if he is going to play for Memphis.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - EarthBoundMisfit - 06-24-2015 09:24 AM

(06-24-2015 09:21 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  I think it is just talk. Of course she is gonna say that out in public. After Coach Lawson said those public statements last year about whoever hires him gets his sons, I bet Coach Pastner sat him down and told him no more statements like that from you or the family. So I think that is why she is saying that she has to say his recruitment is wide open, even if he is going to play for Memphis.

I HOPE that is the case.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - HoopDreams - 06-24-2015 09:27 AM

Keelon can take a walk then.

NEXT

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - hartless - 06-24-2015 09:30 AM

Depends on the circumstance that is possible but cannot be predicted with certainty. 03-lmfao

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - NDTiger - 06-24-2015 09:53 AM

Isn't one of the main perks for children of staff (teachers or coaches) free tuition? Maybe allow us to "sign" a few sedition all recruits?

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - macgar32 - 06-24-2015 10:27 AM

(06-24-2015 08:59 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  "While Memphis clearly hopes to sign both Chandler and Jeffries three years from now, having already offered scholarships to both of them, Chandler’s mother, Dedra, indicated that Chandler won’t necessarily follow in his brothers’ footsteps to the U of M just because their father is an assistant there."

Not trying to be be rude or anything..but Mrs. Lawson....isn't that why your husband was hired by Coach Pastner...to have his sons sign and play for Memphis?

LOL...

If dad is still there he will be there...The question is will Dad still be there.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - ncrdbl1 - 06-24-2015 10:40 AM

Believe she has forgotten that the oldest had signed with Tiger BEFORE their dad was given a job. If he had not been prepared to move the family to Florida then the job offer never would have came.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - Easterwood - 06-24-2015 10:53 AM

(06-24-2015 10:40 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Believe she has forgotten that the oldest had signed with Tiger BEFORE their dad was given a job. If he had not been prepared to move the family to Florida then the job offer never would have came.

Nowhere near true

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - Stammers - 06-24-2015 11:02 AM

(06-24-2015 09:21 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  I think it is just talk. Of course she is gonna say that out in public. After Coach Lawson said those public statements last year about whoever hires him gets his sons, I bet Coach Pastner sat him down and told him no more statements like that from you or the family. So I think that is why she is saying that she has to say his recruitment is wide open, even if he is going to play for Memphis.

That makes perfect sense.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - Pastnerized - 06-24-2015 11:28 AM

It ALSO makes sense that she's applying pressure to hire Keelon, instead of Damon, in case Pastner leaves.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - TigerRun1 - 06-24-2015 12:54 PM

(06-24-2015 08:59 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  "While Memphis clearly hopes to sign both Chandler and Jeffries three years from now, having already offered scholarships to both of them, Chandler’s mother, Dedra, indicated that Chandler won’t necessarily follow in his brothers’ footsteps to the U of M just because their father is an assistant there."

Chandler MAY or MAY NOT. In the meantime we have a lot of basketball to play!

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - 450bench - 06-24-2015 12:56 PM

Pastner won't be there at that time anyway.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - hartless - 06-24-2015 01:19 PM

Dedra Lawson -
"We're open to everybody right now," She said. "We don't want to just limit Chandlier just to Memphis. We really want it to be his choice and not just what we want and where his dad is. We would love for him to be where his dad is, but we want it to be open for him."

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - Easterwood - 06-24-2015 01:23 PM

They want him to have a chance to go through the process, phone calls, mail, etc.

Nothing wrong with that

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - memphis88 - 06-24-2015 01:32 PM

(06-24-2015 11:28 AM)Pastnerized Wrote:  It ALSO makes sense that she's applying pressure to hire Keelon, instead of Damon, in case Pastner leaves.

She's out of her mind, then. No way that would happen.

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - holyterror - 06-24-2015 01:35 PM

Everybody wants to be courted. If the kid goes elsewhere in spite of it all, the problems are worse than anyone thought

RE: Chandler Lawson's mother says son MAY not go to UofM - TigerBill - 06-24-2015 01:57 PM

Interesting responses.