CSNbbs
NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television (/thread-740165.html)

Pages: 1 2

NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskieFootball Addict - 06-12-2015 11:48 AM

Saw it on facebook kickoff at 2:30 CT

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskieFootball Addict - 06-12-2015 11:53 AM

http://www.huskiewire.com/articles/2015/06/12/87b4e93685a54d3a957c2ee2597898b1/index.xml

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - NIU8484 - 06-12-2015 12:15 PM

[Image: 11390020_10152933898688616_3837625166171...e=55F57B7F]

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskieJohn - 06-12-2015 12:30 PM

I should be at my hotel in Mexico by then. I wonder if there is any chance for the game being on WATCHESPN so I can watch it on my work phone with the hotel Wifi while laying in a hammock on the beach. Does anyone know if you can get access to WATCHESPN outside of the US?

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - DogPoundNorth - 06-12-2015 12:34 PM

(06-12-2015 12:30 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  I should be at my hotel in Mexico by then. I wonder if there is any chance for the game being on WATCHESPN so I can watch it on my work phone with the hotel Wifi while laying in a hammock on the beach. Does anyone know if you can get access to WATCHESPN outside of the US?

You should be able to get access to watch ESPN as long as you have an internet connection and your cable company username and password. I'd be shocked if you couldn't.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskieJohn - 06-12-2015 12:49 PM

(06-12-2015 12:34 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 12:30 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  I should be at my hotel in Mexico by then. I wonder if there is any chance for the game being on WATCHESPN so I can watch it on my work phone with the hotel Wifi while laying in a hammock on the beach. Does anyone know if you can get access to WATCHESPN outside of the US?

You should be able to get access to watch ESPN as long as you have an internet connection and your cable company username and password. I'd be shocked if you couldn't.

I have full access on my work phone to watch ESPN.

I just hope the wifi at the hotel is fast enough.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - Mark26pt2 - 06-12-2015 02:03 PM

I have had difficulty with WatchESPN in Europe and Asia. It would not allow me to view as I was outside the USA.

If you have a VPN account maybe you can trick it.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskiePride12 - 06-12-2015 02:09 PM

*** **** wedding this day. Going to have my head down most of the time watching on my phone

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - Dog Fan - 06-12-2015 02:21 PM

(06-12-2015 02:09 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  *** **** wedding this day. Going to have my head down most of the time watching on my phone

I have one on UNLV game day. Why do these inconsiderate people get married during the college football season and on a Saturday? Maybe they think all of our games are during the week. (Well, at least that's one advantage of weekday games.)

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - Skinut - 06-12-2015 02:27 PM

Huck 'em!

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - MaddDawgz02 - 06-12-2015 02:29 PM

(06-12-2015 02:03 PM)Mark26pt2 Wrote:  

I have had difficulty with WatchESPN in Europe and Asia. It would not allow me to view as I was outside the USA.

If you have a VPN account maybe you can trick it.

Im not sure if its easy to trick a cell phone, but definitely if you have a laptop or other device, a VPN or DNS service are the way to go and work like a charm. For VPN, hidemyass.com is pretty good and for DNS I am using a site called unblock-us.com which is only 5 dollars a month and I love for MLB games.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - toddjnsn - 06-12-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:I have one on UNLV game day. Why do these inconsiderate people get married during the college football season and on a Saturday?

I know. It should be outlawed. Gay marriage = Accepted. ANY Marriage on Labor Day Weekend Saturday Kicking Off College Football = Should Be Banned. Seriously. Unlike the first one, it ACTUALLY negatively affects a lot of people. :)

One of my friends years ago did get married on Labor Day Weekend -- on the SUNDAY, as there's no school or work the next day. They had their sh!t together doing that.

Watching games in any country -- you can, unofficially. Any football game that has any TV access anywhere.

http://firstrowsportes.eu/

Not good quality most of the time, but gets the job done. Not good on a phone though. Tons of pop-up ads you have to wrestle to get rid of.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - MaddDawgz02 - 06-12-2015 04:35 PM

(06-12-2015 03:52 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:I have one on UNLV game day. Why do these inconsiderate people get married during the college football season and on a Saturday?

I know. It should be outlawed. Gay marriage = Accepted. ANY Marriage on Labor Day Weekend Saturday Kicking Off College Football = Should Be Banned. Seriously. Unlike the first one, it ACTUALLY negatively affects a lot of people. :)

One of my friends years ago did get married on Labor Day Weekend -- on the SUNDAY, as there's no school or work the next day. They had their sh!t together doing that.

Watching games in any country -- you can, unofficially. Any football game that has any TV access anywhere.

Not good quality most of the time, but gets the job done. Not good on a phone though. Tons of pop-up ads you have to wrestle to get rid of.

I always feel an obligation to tell people, avoid frontrowsports, malware and spyware-fest is all it is.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - BleedsHuskieRed - 06-13-2015 09:35 AM

Right at wedding time. Such is life. Best friends weddings are one of the few things more important than football.

Re: RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - Enaiu - 06-13-2015 11:17 AM

(06-12-2015 04:35 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 03:52 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  

I always feel an obligation to tell people, avoid frontrowsports, malware and spyware-fest is all it is.

And then I feel obligated to respond with: Use Ad Block, and be sure to click on nothing other than the video links and the play button.

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - toddjnsn - 06-13-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:And then I feel obligated to respond with: Use Ad Block, and be sure to click on nothing other than the video links and the play button.

I agree. It's a Hassle-fest, but it works. Kinda like picking up a girl. You can't expect it to just "poof" work all by itself... you need the hassle of jockeying it to get it to play. :)

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - MaddDawgz02 - 06-13-2015 03:32 PM

(06-13-2015 03:15 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:And then I feel obligated to respond with: Use Ad Block, and be sure to click on nothing other than the video links and the play button.

I agree. It's a Hassle-fest, but it works. Kinda like picking up a girl. You can't expect it to just "poof" work all by itself... you need the hassle of jockeying it to get it to play. :)

It works, but always always always visit that site with a computer or laptop you don't want much longer and/or doesn't have important private information, because it does install spyware and malware onto your computer that will get past an anti-virus program

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - BleedsHuskieRed - 06-13-2015 04:15 PM

(06-13-2015 03:15 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  

You need to pick uglier girls then. #nohasslejusthello

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - toddjnsn - 06-13-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:It works, but always always always visit that site with a computer or laptop you don't want much longer and/or doesn't have important private information, because it does install spyware and malware onto your computer that will get past an anti-virus program

I run Linux (Linux Mint; try it -- they're open source/free; burn a bootable version to USB and try it live without installing onto HD), so I don't have to worry about viruses and malware and such. However, WITHIN a browser -- well that's platform independent, so I guess if I'm not careful I guess I could get spyware within and such and possibly f up my config. Of course, all one has to do is install one of the umpteen browsers and use just one for that. Especially something like Opera which isn't Firefox or Chromium and those things don't care about those browsers and not compatible. Either way, the separate browser would just be used for that purpose. On Linux, one would have Zero worry about anything doing that if they were cautious.

Quote:You need to pick uglier girls then. #nohasslejusthello

Yeah, but it's not worth it if there's no effort and corralling involved, right? It's not as fun until you can turn a No into a Yes. Bud light helps with that. It provides an extra pass rusher lol

RE: NIU @ OSU to be on ABC television - HuskiePride12 - 06-13-2015 04:36 PM

(06-13-2015 09:35 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Right at wedding time. Such is life. Best friends weddings are one of the few things more important than football.

I beg to differ on some of them. Close friends yes, but friends you talk to maybe every couple of months. Send a check.