CSNbbs
C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB (/thread-739757.html)

C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - WesternBlazer - 06-08-2015 07:17 AM

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/cusa-no-rush-decide-fate-uab

UAB likely won't field a team until 2017 and it isn't certain it will be able to play right away in the Football Bowl Subdivision. If the NCAA requires UAB to start in the Football Championship Subdivision, it would not rejoin the FBS until 2020 and not be bowl eligible until 2021.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - BlazeN'Bham - 06-08-2015 07:52 AM

In spite of reinstatement, just looks like UAB admin is trying to keep UAB from fielding a football team again.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - mixduptransistor - 06-08-2015 08:00 AM

(06-08-2015 07:52 AM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  In spite of reinstatement, just looks like UAB admin is trying to keep UAB from fielding a football team again.

Aside from the already-known restrictions on university borrowing for facilities, what in this story leads you to that conclusion?

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - nicknitro19 - 06-08-2015 08:52 AM

(06-08-2015 08:00 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:52 AM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  In spite of reinstatement, just looks like UAB admin is trying to keep UAB from fielding a football team again.

Aside from the already-known restrictions on university borrowing for facilities, what in this story leads you to that conclusion?

Probably the lack of trust for President Watts. Although I know he hasn't reinstated the football team just to keep it from ever playing a game, the trust in the Watts Administration is non existent at this point.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - Smaug - 06-08-2015 08:54 AM

(06-08-2015 08:52 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  

Probably the lack of trust for President Watts. Although I know he hasn't reinstated the football team just to keep it from ever playing a game, the trust in the Watts Administration is non existent at this point.

I'd be more interested in what the next president has to say.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - nicknitro19 - 06-08-2015 09:00 AM

(06-08-2015 08:54 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

I'd be more interested in what the next president has to say.

Watts made his bed back in December. He sold us out for a few political and monetary perks. He sold out to Drummond shortly after becoming President by halting the Clean Air Initiatives.

This dude was nothing but a sell out trading favors for cash and power.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - mixduptransistor - 06-08-2015 09:00 AM

Right, but the response was in the context of this article. This article that has zero additional information about anything, and that is completely speculative regarding whether or not UAB will have to play in the FCS or if a team will be fielded in 2016 or anything else. They just completely made that part up without attributing it to anyone.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-08-2015 09:09 AM

It' very speculative.

Trust in what Clark is doing.

That said it would not hurt to put pressure on Ray Ray, lets fire up the get Clark's contract done talked and Fire Ray watts. let him feel heat again. I plan to call admin today and leave message about getting Clark's long term contract done.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - thebernreuter - 06-08-2015 12:21 PM

(06-08-2015 09:00 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  This article that has zero additional information about anything, and that is completely speculative regarding whether or not UAB will have to play in the FCS or if a team will be fielded in 2016 or anything else. They just completely made that part up without attributing it to anyone.

I'm glad it's just speculation, because the part about not being FBS until 2020 or bowl-eligible until 2021 was alarming.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - Memphis Blazer - 06-08-2015 12:51 PM

Unfortunately, I'm seeing it posted on other forums and being given a lot of credence.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-08-2015 03:02 PM

It will end up being Clark's decision and a lot of it will be based on what the NCAA does or allows us to do. That's about all I can say. this is not a Watts or Ingram thing.

Now Coach's contract? We need to put some pressure on Watts and Ingram to get it done.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - bladhmadh - 06-09-2015 06:36 AM

(06-08-2015 03:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  It will end up being Clark's decision and a lot of it will be based on what the NCAA does or allows us to do. That's about all I can say. this is not a Watts or Ingram thing.

Now Coach's contract? We need to put some pressure on Watts and Ingram to get it done.

I have a feeling hatton & co will start turning up the heat over the clark contract if no progress is being made. its possible that productive talks are taking place and we just are out of the loop.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - hooverblazer - 06-09-2015 08:53 AM

(06-09-2015 06:36 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 03:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  It will end up being Clark's decision and a lot of it will be based on what the NCAA does or allows us to do. That's about all I can say. this is not a Watts or Ingram thing.

I have a feeling hatton & co will start turning up the heat over the clark contract if no progress is being made. its possible that productive talks are taking place and we just are out of the loop.

Exactly. No way did the business community stick their neck out to get the team back only to have Clark messed with.

RE: C-USA in no rush to decide fate of UAB - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-09-2015 09:45 AM

agreed