CSNbbs
Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises (/thread-738537.html)

Pages: 1 2

Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Kaplony - 05-26-2015 04:03 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32889836

Quote:The number of arrests made by Baltimore police in May has plummeted as shootings and homicides have dramatically increased.

Data from the US city shows that officers are making about 45% fewer arrests than comparable times in previous years.

Meanwhile, local media have reported that May has turned out to be the deadliest month in the city since 1999.

The police department has not explained the decline in arrests.

Quote:Two homicides on Monday brought the total number of killings for the month to 35, and 108 for the year, according to the Baltimore Sun newspaper.

Arrest data made public by the city government and reviewed by the BBC showed that Baltimore police made 791 arrests from 1 May to 16 May - the most recent data available.

This marks a decline of over 55% from the same periods in 2013 and 2014.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - UConn-SMU - 05-26-2015 04:50 PM

Let them police themselves.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - EagleRockCafe - 05-27-2015 12:46 AM

Baltimore Residents Now Criticizing Police For Not ‘Doing Their Jobs’ As Violent Crime Shoots Up

[Image: 28umyaf.jpg]

What exactly did the people of Baltimore think "space to destroy" meant? THIS is exactly what the Democrats and race husters were wanting to happen. Funny, elections have consequences. It's not just what freebies you can get, it's also what can be taken away from you.

Quote:Two Baltimore residents stated that they believed the police in the city are not doing their jobs in interviews broadcast on Tuesday’s “The Lead” on CNN.

Resident Malacka Reed El said, “I don’t think the police are doing their jobs, but I do not think that it’s all of the police. We do have some police officers that are doing their jobs.”

Rev. Jamal Bryant, (who National Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux said is “a close friend” of the Gray family) the Pastor of Empowerment Temple Church, added, “It’s almost akin to having a substitute teach in the middle of the semester who turns a blind eye, doesn’t know the students, and is not, in fact, giving a grade. And so it’s a very dangerous time in our city when crime is going up, but arrests are going down.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/05/26/baltimore-residents-we-dont-think-the-police-are-actively-doing-their-jobs/

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - JMUDunk - 05-27-2015 01:39 AM

(05-26-2015 04:50 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Let them police themselves.

Said this during the Ferguson lawlessness. God help them if they get what they wish for.

But, they seemingly wish for it. Reap what ye sow.

Enjoy, parents. 04-rock

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - VA49er - 05-27-2015 06:49 AM

Yep, they say "Fak the Police" then let them look after themselves. Let's see for how long they like that.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - NCeagle - 05-27-2015 07:20 AM

"screw the cops, we don't need them!"

***gets robbed***

"where the hell are the cops?!?!?!"

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - stinkfist - 05-27-2015 07:35 AM

those idiots deserve every single bit of lawlessness they get.....baltimore is the new detroit....

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - HeartOfDixie - 05-27-2015 07:36 AM

You reap what you sow.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - blunderbuss - 05-27-2015 07:43 AM

Screw 'em. They don't want the police.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - EagleRockCafe - 05-27-2015 11:44 AM

'No Proactive Policing Right Now': Baltimore Cop Says Violence Will Get Worse

[Image: 2ai51tt.png]

Quote:The violence in Baltimore worsened over Memorial Day weekend, with 32 reported shootings and nine fatalities.

There have now been 35 murders this month in Baltimore, the highest monthly total since 1999.

A current Baltimore police officer who chose to hide his identity reacted on "Hannity" tonight, saying that the surge in violence is a "direct result" from the six officers who were indicted by a grand jury in the death of Freddie Gray.

"After the protests, it seems like the citizens would appreciate a lack of police presence, and that's exactly what they're getting," the officer said. "No proactive policing right now."

Sean Hannity asked the officer if other Baltimore cops are afraid to do their jobs.

"When you go out into the street, you trust that your command staff and those you work with will support you," the officer replied. "The tip of the spear needs the most assurance that your department, your citizens, your mayor and city council have your back."

The officer told Hannity that he thinks the violence in Baltimore is "definitely going to get worse" as the summer progresses.

"Summertime is usually the most violent time in the city," he stated. "This is going to be a fairly routine occurrence - double digit shootings, high homicide rates over the course of the next three months."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/05/26/no-proactive-policing-right-now-baltimore-cop-says-violence-will-get-worse

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Fitbud - 05-27-2015 12:23 PM

I don't have a problem with it provided the police resign their positions and save the tax payers some money.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - JMUDunk - 05-27-2015 08:04 PM

(05-27-2015 12:23 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't have a problem with it provided the police resign their positions and save the tax payers some money.

Why would they resign their positions for just doing their jobs?

Geeez, we could only be so lucky with the school teachers that don't teach, or worse don't know the stuff they are supposed to be teaching about. 03-phew

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - EagleRockCafe - 05-28-2015 10:43 PM

Mother, 7-Year-Old Son Killed In Baltimore Shooting

[Image: 653n01.jpg]

So sad. The murders of the innocents grow in Baltimore. Where is Mrs. Mosby sayiing "our time is now". Well, it wasn't this poor mother and her son's time. Where are the protests and outrage?

Quote:BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Shock and sadness in a Southwest Baltimore community after a double murder. One of the victims — just seven-years-old.
Derek Valcourt has more on the victims and where the investigation stands right now.
Family members look on in horror as the bodies of the mother and her young son are pulled from their home at 103 Upmanor Road in the Uplands neighborhood of Southwest Baltimore.
Jennifer Jeffrey Browne, 31, and her seven-year-old son Kester “Tony” Browne were found dead just after 8 a.m. Thursday — both shot in the head.
Neighbors — appalled.
“Who can do this? What kind of person is he?” asked Donald Barber.

The victim’s family too upset to speak on camera, but tells WJZ they believe the murders may have happened Wednesday. That’s the last time anyone heard from the victims.
Family members tell WJZ they were called to the home Thursday morning by neighbors who became concerned when they did not see or hear anything from the victims.
Police are releasing few details on what happened, but asking for help.
“I’m begging anyone who has any piece of information, please call us, please give us whatever you have so we can bring closure to this victim’s family,” said Sgt. Jarron Jackson, Baltimore City Police Department.
The double murder comes amid a spike in city crime that police and city leaders are struggling to stop.
“As a mom, I can’t even imagine the pain of that loss — to lose a son and his mother. It’s a terrible blow for that family,” said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.
“Whoever did it, God bless them — because he has to deal with the Lord more than us,” said Barber.
Neighbors say Browne her son had been living at that house for about five years. The little boy was a student at Baltimore International Academy.
Anyone with information is urged to call Baltimore City police. You can remain anonymous and even earn some reward money by calling Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/28/8-year-old-another-woman-killed-in-baltimore-shooting/

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - UConn-SMU - 05-28-2015 10:45 PM

Didn't this happen in Haiti a couple hundred years ago when all law & order was kicked off the island?

That didn't end well.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - ODUsmitty - 05-28-2015 11:01 PM

(05-27-2015 12:23 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't have a problem with it provided the police resign their positions and save the tax payers some money.

Imbecilic comment, and not surprising, considering the source.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - usmbacker - 05-29-2015 07:41 AM

It really is time to stop responding to the troll's comments. All he is trying to do is get a reaction.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Kaplony - 05-29-2015 01:35 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-batts-speaks-to-fop-20150527-story.html

Quote:Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts apologized to the city's officers Tuesday night, saying he put them in harm's way during the Freddie Gray unrest last month.

The Baltimore Sun has obtained an audio recording of his comments, which he made during a meeting with members of the police union.

Batts said he failed to follow his intuition that problems were coming and officers got hurt as a result. He concluded his comments, which lasted about four minutes, by urging officers to stay focused on fighting crime.

"We had a 9-year-old kid shot yesterday by these knuckleheads, gangsters, thugs, whatever you want to call them," he said. "We have innocent people getting shot on the streets of Baltimore.

"People think we're down. People are giving up on us," Batts said. "I mean this with all my heart: We need to show how f-----g good we are. ... I stand ready to lead you out of this."

Quote:Batts told the officers that he took time during the holiday weekend to "look at myself and things that I wasn't understanding, nor was I hearing."

"I want to come here and tell you guys that I think I let you guys down," he said. "I say that with a humble heart, I say that with honesty, and I say it coming from my heart."

Batts said he "saw this stuff coming." He was apparently referring to the unrest.

"In my intuition, I didn't stay with it," he said. "People said, 'We haven't had a riot here in 40 years,' and my intuition told me I should've went another direction. And by not going another direction, my guys got hurt. By not going with my intuition, my guys got hurt. By not going with my intuition, I put you guys in a tough position."

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Kaplony - 05-29-2015 01:37 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-fop-statement-20150528-story.html

Quote:The president of the Baltimore police union on Thursday said that criminals have become "empowered" following the recent unrest and that, with six officers charged in Freddie Gray's death, city police are more "afraid" of being arrested than shot on duty.

Quote:"The criminals are taking advantage of the situation in Baltimore since the unrest," said Gene Ryan, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3. "Criminals feel empowered now. There is no respect. Police are under siege in every quarter. They are more afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs properly than they are of getting shot on duty."

Quote:Ryan said Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby, who charged the six officers, had "essentially overturned" Illinois v. Wardlow, a 2000 U.S. Supreme Court ruling. In that case, it was ruled that two Chicago police officers who chased a man in a known drug area and found a handgun in his bag did not violate the fourth amendment.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - Fitbud - 05-29-2015 01:39 PM

(05-28-2015 11:01 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Imbecilic comment, and not surprising, considering the source.

No it isn't. If police don't want to do their job then they should quit.

RE: Number of arrests in Baltimore plunge as violence rises - JMUDunk - 05-29-2015 01:41 PM

(05-29-2015 01:35 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-batts-speaks-to-fop-20150527-story.html

Quote:Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts apologized to the city's officers Tuesday night, saying he put them in harm's way during the Freddie Gray unrest last month.

The Baltimore Sun has obtained an audio recording of his comments, which he made during a meeting with members of the police union.

Batts said he failed to follow his intuition that problems were coming and officers got hurt as a result. He concluded his comments, which lasted about four minutes, by urging officers to stay focused on fighting crime.

"We had a 9-year-old kid shot yesterday by these knuckleheads, gangsters, thugs, whatever you want to call them," he said. "We have innocent people getting shot on the streets of Baltimore.

"People think we're down. People are giving up on us," Batts said. "I mean this with all my heart: We need to show how f-----g good we are. ... I stand ready to lead you out of this."

Quote:Batts told the officers that he took time during the holiday weekend to "look at myself and things that I wasn't understanding, nor was I hearing."

"I want to come here and tell you guys that I think I let you guys down," he said. "I say that with a humble heart, I say that with honesty, and I say it coming from my heart."

Batts said he "saw this stuff coming." He was apparently referring to the unrest.

"In my intuition, I didn't stay with it," he said. "People said, 'We haven't had a riot here in 40 years,' and my intuition told me I should've went another direction. And by not going another direction, my guys got hurt. By not going with my intuition, my guys got hurt. By not going with my intuition, I put you guys in a tough position."

"He said".

This man is clearly a racist. 07-coffee3