CSNbbs
I'm so fed up with PC society - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: I'm so fed up with PC society (/thread-738446.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

I'm so fed up with PC society - C2__ - 05-25-2015 02:07 PM

I just can't get offended every single time someone says something negative or taboo about someone else. It's just time people accept that not everyone out there is going to like you.

I don't condone or accept many things on the one hand but it's just time to get a thicker skin about some things in modern day society.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - HeartOfDixie - 05-25-2015 02:10 PM

I agree, very well said.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - UCF08 - 05-25-2015 03:11 PM

It could just be me, but the whole 'PC' thing has had quite literally no real effect on my life. It just comes off as people going out of the way to find people who are going out of the way to be offended about things.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - firmbizzle - 05-25-2015 04:15 PM

I scroll through my fb and everyone is offended.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - Paul M - 05-25-2015 04:18 PM

Is it a matter of not recognizing you're in that crowd or denying you are?

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - QuestionSocratic - 05-25-2015 05:35 PM

It would sure bother me if I was about to send a kid off to college.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - UConn-SMU - 05-25-2015 05:47 PM

PC is simply the left's attempt to suppress free speech. But you better take it seriously; one wrong word can get you kicked out of college or fired from a company where you've worked for 30 years.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - firmbizzle - 05-25-2015 06:11 PM

(05-25-2015 05:47 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  PC is simply the left's attempt to suppress free speech. But you better take it seriously; one wrong word can get you kicked out of college or fired from a company where you've worked for 30 years.

The right gets offended just as much.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - C2__ - 05-25-2015 06:26 PM

(05-25-2015 04:15 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I scroll through my fb and everyone is offended.

Yeah, social media has thrown flames on the fire, that's for sure.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - THE NC Herd Fan - 05-25-2015 06:29 PM

(05-25-2015 03:11 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  It could just be me, but the whole 'PC' thing has had quite literally no real effect on my life. It just comes off as people going out of the way to find people who are going out of the way to be offended about things.

It could just be me, but does the tolerant left just look for any opportunity to sue or otherwise inflict economic harm anyone that says something they don't tolerate. Especially bad about this are the super tolerant HOMOsexuals. Example their wrath that was poured out on the Mozilla CEO for being politically active with an issue they want declared ILLEGAL, believing homosexuality is immoral.

(05-25-2015 05:47 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  PC is simply the left's attempt to suppress free speech. But you better take it seriously; one wrong word can get you kicked out of college or fired from a company where you've worked for 30 years.

You mean like a CEO at a very successful company like Mozilla was fired simply for being on the right side of the gay marriage issue?

(05-25-2015 06:11 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

Possibly but much less frequent are lawsuits or DEMANDS for someone to be fired.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - HappyAppy - 05-25-2015 06:39 PM

(05-25-2015 03:11 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  It could just be me, but the whole 'PC' thing has had quite literally no real effect on my life. It just comes off as people going out of the way to find people who are going out of the way to be offended about things.

Exactly.

The funny thing is, the posters in this thread are the same ones who will ***** and moan about those leftist protesting issues like racial profiling or income inequality. Then they come and whine about having to live in a "PC" society where there biggest problem is having to tip toe around certain issues/subjects that could offend someone. The horror! I don't know how you get by. Wish we could could go back to the good ol' days!!

Hopefully you can have a good cry with your men's rights groups about the horror of having to tiptoe around all those SJWs out to get you. Reminds me of the Louis CK bit. We live in this amazing world, we have it better then anyone else in the history of time, but always looking for something to whine about.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - Paul M - 05-25-2015 08:38 PM

So you clowns DON'T know it's you. Damn that's funny stuff.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - UConn-SMU - 05-25-2015 09:22 PM

(05-25-2015 06:39 PM)HappyAppy Wrote:  

Exactly.

The funny thing is, the posters in this thread are the same ones who will ***** and moan about those leftist protesting issues like racial profiling or income inequality. Then they come and whine about having to live in a "PC" society where there biggest problem is having to tip toe around certain issues/subjects that could offend someone. The horror! I don't know how you get by. Wish we could could go back to the good ol' days!!

Hopefully you can have a good cry with your men's rights groups about the horror of having to tiptoe around all those SJWs out to get you. Reminds me of the Louis CK bit. We live in this amazing world, we have it better then anyone else in the history of time, but always looking for something to whine about.

I don't recall anything in the Constitution requiring income equality or guaranteeing our right not to be offended.

The left has perverted America.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - EagleRockCafe - 05-25-2015 10:05 PM

[Image: 2hz4hlu.jpg]

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - NCeagle - 05-26-2015 07:24 AM

this thread is offensive. I demand the OP be banned.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - firmbizzle - 05-26-2015 07:28 AM

(05-25-2015 06:29 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

It could just be me, but does the tolerant left just look for any opportunity to sue or otherwise inflict economic harm anyone that says something they don't tolerate. Especially bad about this are the super tolerant HOMOsexuals. Example their wrath that was poured out on the Mozilla CEO for being politically active with an issue they want declared ILLEGAL, believing homosexuality is immoral.

You mean like a CEO at a very successful company like Mozilla was fired simply for being on the right side of the gay marriage issue?

(05-25-2015 06:11 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

Possibly but much less frequent are lawsuits or DEMANDS for someone to be fired.

I don't know about that. I've seen plenty of right wingers get mad at somebody's twitter or FB post and demand termination.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - firmbizzle - 05-26-2015 07:29 AM

(05-25-2015 08:38 PM)Paul M Wrote:  So you clowns DON'T know it's you. Damn that's funny stuff.

It's you too. 07-coffee3

The overwhelming majority of the b******g in the SR is done by cons.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - VA49er - 05-26-2015 07:59 AM

(05-25-2015 02:07 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I just can't get offended every single time someone says something negative or taboo about someone else. It's just time people accept that not everyone out there is going to like you.

I don't condone or accept many things on the one hand but it's just time to get a thicker skin about some things in modern day society.

I agree, in fact, the very reason folks have time to complain about damn near everything is because people in this country have it so good. Think about it, if people were really struggling, I mean struggling to survive, they wouldn't have time to complain aboutr everything. Are there outliers, sure, but in general, people don't know how good they actually have it.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - Paul M - 05-26-2015 08:00 AM

PC is a leftist affliction.

RE: I'm so fed up with PC society - shiftyeagle - 05-26-2015 08:47 AM

People go out of their way to find things to get offended about. It's a generation of SJW's.