CSNbbs
Spring practice - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: Spring practice (/thread-737908.html)

Spring practice - Otacon - 05-19-2015 07:59 AM

What do WVU fans think about the QB battle, or is there even a battle at that position?

This is from Big12Sports.com:
Quote:The quarterback will apparently be junior Skyler Howard. He started the last two games last season, completing 56-of-110 passes for 829 yards and eight touchdowns with no interceptions. He's also a running threat.
"(It's) not even close," Holgorsen said of Howard being the clear-cut starter. "I sure hope I am not jinxing him right now. His fundamentals are good. He's accurate and he's throwing the deep ball well. His communication is really good. His understanding of the offense continues to improve. His teammates believe in him. The coaches believe in him. He is doing well."

I didn't get to watch any of the spring practices, but I was kinda hoping that Crest would put up a better fight. Do you guys think Howard will do ok against the Big XII defenses? QB and O-line are the only two spots that I'm cautiously optimistic about. What's everybody else thinking?

How did the other Big XII team's spring ball go? Who do you think will win the Big XII this year? Can any team go undefeated?

Here is WVU's schedule

2015 Schedule
Sept. 5 Georgia Southern
Sept. 12 Liberty
Sept. 26 Maryland
Oct. 3 at Oklahoma
Oct. 10 Oklahoma State
Oct. 17 at Baylor
Oct. 29 at TCU
Nov. 7 Texas Tech
Nov. 14 Texas
Nov. 21 at Kansas
Nov. 28 Iowa State
Dec. 5 at Kansas State

I'm hoping we can get through this with a minimum of 4 losses. I also want to see us beat Texas and Kansas State this year. Can we do it? I think we can trip up one, but not both.
04-rock

Here is the link.....
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106181&SPID=13139&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210087236&DB_OEM_ID=10410

RE: Spring practice - bitcruncher - 05-19-2015 01:26 PM

Howard has the jump on the freshmen. But if any of the freshmen prove they deserve the starting job, don't expect Howard to keep it. It's all about putting the best product on the field.

RE: Spring practice - Otacon - 05-19-2015 03:32 PM

Isn't it Chris Chugunov who they say has a cannon for a arm?

RE: Spring practice - bitcruncher - 05-19-2015 05:32 PM

Look at his HS highlights.