CSNbbs
Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football (/thread-737645.html)

Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - WesternBlazer - 05-15-2015 11:11 PM

CSS report should help Ray Watts see the light to bring back UAB football
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/css_report_appears_to_see_the.html#incart_river

If the report's authors didn't believe that restoring UAB football was an idea with real potential, why would they compliment the 2011 feasibility study for an on-campus stadium - a project the trustees refused to put on their agenda - and include a copy of that study in an appendix?

...eliminate what CSS figures to be about $4.8 million in lost revenue and $3 million in reduced expenses because UAB won't play football in 2015, and the actual "donut hole" Watts could fairly ask boosters to fill would be about $2.8 million a year.

I don't know if the CSS numbers are accurate, but I know this: The CSS report makes a strong case for the tangible and intangible value of having a football program and echoes the OSKR report on that score on point after point. The CSS report actually cites the OSKR report more than once in a positive way.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - ICB - 05-15-2015 11:16 PM

2.8 Million/year... The real number.

Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - USAFBlazerFan - 05-16-2015 06:16 AM

So we needed to raise c. 15 million/5 yrs for the pledge drive... Interesting. We're pretty close given Justin Craft's #'s... And I imagine after the philanthropist(s) steps up, we'll be well past that. Now its up to the liar...

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - mixduptransistor - 05-16-2015 07:34 AM

The only qualm I have with the numbers being bandied about right now is the USGA $25 fee pledge. They don't have the power to force the Watts administration to put that fee in place. UAB could conceivably do a "survey" of students and come back and say they don't want the fee. All of the other money is legitimately pledged, but the USGA money falls into "I can't run the university on promises" realm.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - ICB - 05-16-2015 07:39 AM

(05-16-2015 07:34 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  The only qualm I have with the numbers being bandied about right now is the USGA $25 fee pledge. They don't have the power to force the Watts administration to put that fee in place. UAB could conceivably do a "survey" of students and come back and say they don't want the fee. All of the other money is legitimately pledged, but the USGA money falls into "I can't run the university on promises" realm.

Just wait until the the other announcements, the student money will be gravy at that point I think. So even if they discount that, it wouldn't make Watts case.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - WesternBlazer - 05-16-2015 08:08 AM

Watts & Co are being put in a position of publicly doing what they claim to have never done in the past - turn down millions of dollars...

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - BlazerFire - 05-16-2015 08:10 AM

(05-16-2015 08:08 AM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Watts & Co are being put in a position of publicly doing what they claim to have never done in the past - turn down millions of dollars...

this… BIG time.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - UAB Band Dad - 05-16-2015 01:30 PM

I agree. They bought time until Monday, but I don't know any way that they can spin this that does not boil down to stomping their little feet and shouting "No, no, no, I don't wanna!".

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - mixduptransistor - 05-16-2015 04:13 PM

Why is the report not public yet? Did UAB give it to al.com with the promise that they wouldn't release it until Monday? If al.com got it through a leak why don't they post it?

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - UAB Band Dad - 05-16-2015 04:50 PM

Because the president said not to and no one wants to lose their job? It's one thing to make a copy and slip it to someone and quite another to put it up on a UAB web site or something similar. We already got the real meat of that report, we can make it till Monday for the rest.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - mixduptransistor - 05-16-2015 04:52 PM

(05-16-2015 04:50 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Because the president said not to and no one wants to lose their job? It's one thing to make a copy and slip it to someone and quite another to put it up on a UAB web site or something similar. We already got the real meat of that report, we can make it till Monday for the rest.

I meant why didn't al.com post it.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - LairDweller - 05-16-2015 05:40 PM

(05-16-2015 04:52 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(05-16-2015 04:50 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Because the president said not to and no one wants to lose their job? It's one thing to make a copy and slip it to someone and quite another to put it up on a UAB web site or something similar. We already got the real meat of that report, we can make it till Monday for the rest.

Bc whoever leaked it asked them not to

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - 58-56 - 05-16-2015 05:56 PM

(05-16-2015 05:40 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  
(05-16-2015 04:52 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

Bc whoever leaked it asked them not to

And it's likely a watermarked .pdf, immediately traceable to whoever leaked it.

RE: Scarbo: CSS report appears to see the wisdom in bringing back UAB football - UAB Band Dad - 05-16-2015 06:40 PM

Two more days won't kill us. I strongly suspect that if Watts tries to hold it longer than that the ATF will put it out.