CSNbbs
Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video (/thread-737388.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIU32 - 05-13-2015 02:46 PM

They have the GM talking about Tim, why they signed him and show some highlights of his from minicamp. Starts at about the 1:45 mark

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Dennis-Hickey-Analyzes-The-2015-Rookie-Class/8b6d6032-f5bd-4596-a5d4-1eb48e5d5844?adbid=598525650257870849&adbpl=tw&adbpr=19853312&campaign=social_20150513_45703606&short_code=2zfh4

Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - Dog Fan - 05-13-2015 04:51 PM

Wonderful! I am so excited for him. Keep it up, Tim!

P.S. Just think of what could have been if we used a tight end!

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - chihuskie - 05-15-2015 09:12 AM

Yeah, it's amazing we could not have done more with that guy. Just amazing.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - Dog Fan - 05-15-2015 09:30 AM

(05-15-2015 09:12 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  Yeah, it's amazing we could not have done more with that guy. Just amazing.

With just his height alone, we could have tossed the ball up to him and over everyone - just pitch and catch. You just don't see a 6'8" football player that often. I heard that the knock against him was his blocking which, granted, is important for a TE.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - HuskieFootball Addict - 05-19-2015 09:27 AM

(05-15-2015 09:30 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 09:12 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  Yeah, it's amazing we could not have done more with that guy. Just amazing.

With just his height alone, we could have tossed the ball up to him and over everyone - just pitch and catch. You just don't see a 6'8" football player that often. I heard that the knock against him was his blocking which, granted, is important for a TE.

Yes -why don't we use TEs more?!!
Don't you think if the NFL trainers work with him they can teach him the blocking? I think he can learn that skill.
I'm happy for Tim & I really hope he can make it to a roster spot.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIU007 - 05-19-2015 03:53 PM

(05-15-2015 09:30 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

That's what I always thought. It's not like he didn't have good hands, he could catch. Lynch threw it to him occasionally, but Hare wouldn't risk throwing it to somebody that wasn't completely open. With that height it might be hard to get low enough to get leverage in blocking - though if an NFL team is willing to look at him, he can't be too bad.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - huskie61032 - 05-19-2015 04:38 PM

if he has legit NFL talent, there is no excuse why we didnt implement him into the offense or just even create a few plays specifically designed for him (short yardage, redzone, etc). so IF he actually is that skilled (see his TD catch at Army in 2012) then poor coaching not to realize his UNIQUE skill set and take advantage of it.

where i come from, we didnt run the exact same offense every year, we tailored to what talent/types of players we had and what would allow us to be successful vs the types of teams we played.

if having Tim created an advantage/mismatch it should have been recognized.

i can only come up with 2 reasons why he wasnt used more effectively:
1. coaches thought there was no need to use him - other skill players already got the job done in our offensive scheme and didnt want to change to fit one player. better receivers and better blocking TEs
2. Tim didnt have the overall talent to be effective (hands?, speed?, route running?)

based on him getting NFL deal i think he could have been at least been in the game more and got more looks. even as a distraction. put him in game when the other team has CBs below 6'. he had 8"+ right away then another 6"+ from wingspan. there is a 14"+ advantage. say for example 5'9" CB vs 6'8" Tim. height diff = 11" + 6" wingspan = 17"!!!!!!!! but his vert pry isnt like the CBs, so id give Tim pry about 12" - 15" advantage on most plays.

my 2 cents

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIU05 - 05-19-2015 06:27 PM

He had talent wrong piece for our sytem.Still love that catch against Army.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIUSAE - 05-19-2015 07:49 PM

I always wondered why, with his height, he wasn't on FG and extra point block teams.

Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - Dog Fan - 05-19-2015 08:03 PM

(05-19-2015 07:49 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  I always wondered why, with his height, he wasn't on FG and extra point block teams.

We could have used him for so much more. Apparently the coaches felt that he could best serve the team on the sidelines.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - DogPoundNorth - 05-19-2015 08:04 PM

(05-19-2015 08:03 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(05-19-2015 07:49 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  I always wondered why, with his height, he wasn't on FG and extra point block teams.

We could have used him for so much more. Apparently the coaches felt that he could best serve the team on the sidelines.

You know, I think NIU was pretty successful regardless.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - armour248 - 05-19-2015 08:40 PM

GOD IF WE HAD ONLY THROWN IT TO THE TIGHT END MORE WE WOULDVE WON SO MANY MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIU007 - 05-19-2015 09:23 PM

(05-19-2015 08:40 PM)armour248 Wrote:  GOD IF WE HAD ONLY THROWN IT TO THE TIGHT END MORE WE WOULDVE WON SO MANY MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS

We had plenty of times when what we were doing on offense wasn't working. Like the Utah State game. The Marshall game (not as much). Most of the games last year when we struggled to beat bad teams.

Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - Dog Fan - 05-19-2015 09:27 PM

(05-19-2015 08:40 PM)armour248 Wrote:  GOD IF WE HAD ONLY THROWN IT TO THE TIGHT END MORE WE WOULDVE WON SO MANY MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Well, I remember a few championship games I attended that we lost. We did not throw to the TE during those games. I guess that speaks for itself.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - huskiebob - 05-19-2015 09:32 PM

If you're a Huskie TE and you don't block, you're not gonna play. Simple as that.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - armour248 - 05-19-2015 10:55 PM

(05-19-2015 09:23 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  We had plenty of times when what we were doing on offense wasn't working. Like the Utah State game. The Marshall game (not as much). Most of the games last year when we struggled to beat bad teams.

You're right...and throwing it to Tim Semisch three times in our offensive system was going to change the tide of those games

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - huskie61032 - 05-20-2015 11:06 AM

(05-19-2015 09:32 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  If you're a Huskie TE and you don't block, you're not gonna play. Simple as that.

could have put him in place of a WR, kinda like what Jimmy Graham did, close to the line, but standing and slightly split out. why does he need to be able to block for 25+ plays if he only plays 5-10 a game not even at a true TE position. still think he could have been used more or more in certain situations, if he has true play making ability

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - huskie61032 - 05-20-2015 11:14 AM

(05-19-2015 10:55 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(05-19-2015 09:23 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  We had plenty of times when what we were doing on offense wasn't working. Like the Utah State game. The Marshall game (not as much). Most of the games last year when we struggled to beat bad teams.

You're right...and throwing it to Tim Semisch three times in our offensive system was going to change the tide of those games

yes, it actually could have. have you ever heard the saying "that play changed the game" or "thats the nail in the coffin" or "that changed the momentum" ??? one play can change a game. only takes 1 snap to get a TD, which could be a game changer.

also, another point i have - even though we didnt run an offense that perfectly aligned with his skill set, you think if he actually was a good college talent, the coaches would have realized this and designed at least a couple plays or different routes/variations of existing plays to take advantage of a mismatch. and if we had red zone struggles at times, could have developed a few plays for a toss up.

also, not necessarily saying that need to throw to him everytime hes on the field, if the tall or best CB/S/LB on the opposing team lines up across from him, that opens up for someone else. that chain effect could create mismatches all over and could be a distraction to where the ball is actually going

summation: could have tried to use him more, since he created mismatch and had shown glimpses of talent/ability

i cannot post more about this topic, since it is all opinion vs opinion what ifs and it is the past.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - NIU007 - 05-20-2015 01:43 PM

(05-19-2015 10:55 PM)armour248 Wrote:  

Yes, it could have.

RE: Dolphins.com: Tim Semisch minicamp video - HuskieJWN - 05-20-2015 03:04 PM

While I wish Tim success and hope he does well this TE thing is ridiculous.

Had they thrown to him in the Utah State game more or whenever, there's no guarantee he catches, not guarantee its not intercepted and what not. Yes you can take a chance on him.

Having NFL size and NFL talent are too different things. There are also tons of guys that have better pro careers than college careers. He wasn't a great fit for NIU system. It's a block TE system and he was the worst blocker of the group from what I saw and from what I gathered from the info provided.

Nothing like a bunch of arm chair QBs saying NIU should've went 14-0 and Tim Semish is the next Shannon Sharpe and NIU was stupid for not throwing it to him more.