CSNbbs
Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster (/thread-734584.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - HoosierCat - 04-13-2015 08:29 PM

I'm putting this here because he sounds EXACTLY like the guy this team needs: A scorer.

@bluejaybanter: Former Kansas State guard Marcus Foster will be taking an official visit to #Creighton this weekend. He's also considering Zaga, Cincy & LSU

Some background for you guys:
-Selected K-State over California, Creighton, Lehigh, Oklahoma and SMU.
-Averaged 15.5 points his freshman year and 12.5 his sophomore year.
- Overall, he's a 37.3% 3 point shooter in 370 attempts.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/marcus_foster_850537.html

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/marcus_foster_850537.html

Thoughts?

EDIT: He will have to sit out next year. Sounds like a mutual feeling on the transfer.. Lots of mixed feelings from KSU fans about this guy. Think he needs to grow up a bit as he was dismissed from the team.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Coopdaddy67 - 04-13-2015 08:34 PM

The concern would be that he was suspended and then dismissed from the basketball team. Anyone know the reason(s) for those issues?

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Cataclysmo - 04-13-2015 08:37 PM

No offense, but saying he's a "scorer" doesnt make him a very good match. Basketball is so much more complex than that...

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - BearcatMan - 04-13-2015 10:28 PM

Would his dismissal from the team still force a required holding year, or would he have had to be removed from the school for that to not be in play?

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Bearhawkeye - 04-13-2015 11:22 PM

(04-13-2015 10:28 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Would his dismissal from the team still force a required holding year, or would he have had to be removed from the school for that to not be in play?

Don't know the exact rules, but I'm guessing this is what you are referring to. Bottom line is yes he's got to sit out per this NOLA article:

Quote:...Foster is expected to visit Creighton this week and could head to Baton Rouge this weekend. NCAA rules mandate that transfers sit out a year at their new school. The 'run-off' waiver, which allowed former LSU guard Anthony Hickey to be eligible right away, is no longer in effect...

As to Foster, this article paints a picture of a guy who simply let success get to his head and let it cause a lot of problems. My take is the same as it usually is in these situations. Mick understands what he needs on the court and what he doesn't need off it. I trust he'll do his homework and make a rational decision on whether this is somebody he wants or not and I'm fine with that either way.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Bearcatbdub - 04-14-2015 06:14 AM

He's a good player. Would be a welcome addition if he can keep his head on straight.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Bearcats#1 - 04-14-2015 06:42 AM

I'd take him...

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - SW UC - 04-14-2015 10:58 AM

I remember listening to a podcast from either ESPN or CBS and they were saying that Foster is a bad guy and his family is awful. I would stay away from this guy.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - rath v2.0 - 04-14-2015 11:23 AM

There were several run ins, suspensions and benchings....if I recall the last one was Foster posting a pic of himself and another player who got suspended saying they were high or drunk or something that was later taken down before he got booted.

Bigger deal was he admitted to not giving full effort in KSUs first round loss in the B12 Tourny. Sounds like a match made in hell playing for Mick.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - mikecat - 04-14-2015 11:25 AM

no thanks!!

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Coopdaddy67 - 04-14-2015 11:28 AM

(04-14-2015 11:23 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  There were several run ins, suspensions and benchings....if I recall the last one was Foster posting a pic of himself and another player who got suspended saying they were high or drunk or something that was later taken down before he got booted.

Bigger deal was he admitted to not giving full effort in KSUs first round loss in the B12 Tourny. Sounds like a match made in hell playing for Mick.

I'd imagine it's pretty difficult to get booted from KSU's roster. It's not like they have a surplus of talent and Weber is potentially on the chopping block next season. My guess is that he gave him every opportunity to right the ship.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Marcus - 04-14-2015 12:34 PM

I would hope UC could attract better players (both on and off the court) than this. I'm really surprised at how they seem to struggle to get involved with the higher end graduate transfers, when there are a good amount of them each year and UC is one of the few programs that seem to have multiple scholarships open when spring rolls around.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Overrated - 04-14-2015 12:47 PM

(04-14-2015 12:34 PM)Marcus Wrote:  I would hope UC could attract better players (both on and off the court) than this. I'm really surprised at how they seem to struggle to get involved with the higher end graduate transfers, when there are a good amount of them each year and UC is one of the few programs that seem to have multiple scholarships open when spring rolls around.

You are right to point out our inability to land them, but I don't think it's accurate to say that UC is one of the few programs that have scholarships available in the spring. It seems like there is a lot of demand for these players every year.

As for Foster himself, he is an incredibly high usage player that isn't particularly efficient. If he were to come here, I'd hope he can fit in better than he did at Kansas State. Not sure that is realistic though. Either way, it sounds like LSU is probably going to land him anyway.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - BigDawg - 04-14-2015 12:54 PM

I'd take him if Mick and crew are interested. I'm sure they'd discuss long and hard with him how much Bearcats value hustle and playing hard at all times. If Foster were ready to turn a leaf and live up to the expectations, I'd be willing to give him a shot.

Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - BearcatnKY - 04-14-2015 01:00 PM

http://youtu.be/qRGHN-FQYs4

I'd rather have Damion Lee. 6'6, multiple 20-30pt games, 37% from 3, already graduated which should speak for his character, and can play next year. Terps seem to have him locked though.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - #BearcatNation - 04-14-2015 01:09 PM

(04-14-2015 01:00 PM)BearcatnKY Wrote:  http://youtu.be/qRGHN-FQYs4

I'd rather have Damion Lee. 6'6, multiple 20-30pt games, 37% from 3, already graduated which should speak for his character, and can play next year. Terps seem to have him locked though.

Lee already knocked it down to 6 teams, and we were not in it. He heard from 70-75 schools. Don't think we were ever really in the mix.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Nasty Nati 513 - 04-14-2015 01:39 PM

(04-14-2015 12:34 PM)Marcus Wrote:  I would hope UC could attract better players (both on and off the court) than this. I'm really surprised at how they seem to struggle to get involved with the higher end graduate transfers, when there are a good amount of them each year and UC is one of the few programs that seem to have multiple scholarships open when spring rolls around.

01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - jarr - 04-15-2015 10:09 AM

He is definstely worth the risk. He was all B12 his freshman year I believe. If he turns into too much of a headcase then let him go.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Bearcats#1 - 04-15-2015 10:11 AM

From what I'm reading about this kid from Kstate I say it should br a hard pass...let him go be an issue someplace else.

RE: Kansas St. Guard Marcus Foster - Cataclysmo - 04-15-2015 01:49 PM

I don't care how good he is. We just spent an entire season debating Ellis' problems and this kid seems a lot worse. This program doesnt need to sacrifice attitude for talent.