CSNbbs
Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: Tom Mays Memorial Recruiting (/forum-505.html)
+------- Thread: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis (/thread-734405.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - Galilee - 04-11-2015 12:59 PM

In a front of our community as we celebrated our State Championship, JM stepped to the podium and told the crowd he will be a tiger.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - jason80 - 04-11-2015 01:53 PM

Awesome! Hopefully this kid being underrated coming out of hs could be a difference maker for us. Sounds like a guy that can help. Great news though. Looking forward to seeing a Markel, Jeremiah backcourt with the Lawsons in the front court. Just shows you that this job is a pretty good one with so many high level recruits coming out of the city year end year out. It's gotta be one of the best cities in America in producing basketball talent, it's between us and Chicago. I don't understand all the haters who say nobody would take this job it's a bad job. Look at all the recruits coming out every year, the facilities, the fan base even in down years top ten in attendance. Our coach makes top ten salary but yet they tell you it's a bad job. I don't buy it. It's a great job and city for basketball. It's a good day to be a Tiger. I know I should temper expectations but I really like this group coming in and think we can turn a corner this year. Can't wait for the season to start.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - DallasTiger - 04-11-2015 05:37 PM

Funny how things seem to come together. I am sure there will be another surprise coming.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - holyterror - 04-11-2015 05:48 PM

Any hints?

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - BinghamptonNed - 04-11-2015 08:05 PM

(04-11-2015 12:59 PM)Galilee Wrote:  In a front of our community as we celebrated our State Championship, JM stepped to the podium and told the crowd he will be a tiger.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - springcat - 04-11-2015 09:46 PM

(04-11-2015 01:53 PM)jason80 Wrote:  Awesome! Hopefully this kid being underrated coming out of hs could be a difference maker for us. Sounds like a guy that can help. Great news though. Looking forward to seeing a Markel, Jeremiah backcourt with the Lawsons in the front court. Just shows you that this job is a pretty good one with so many high level recruits coming out of the city year end year out. It's gotta be one of the best cities in America in producing basketball talent, it's between us and Chicago. I don't understand all the haters who say nobody would take this job it's a bad job. Look at all the recruits coming out every year, the facilities, the fan base even in down years top ten in attendance. Our coach makes top ten salary but yet they tell you it's a bad job. I don't buy it. It's a great job and city for basketball. It's a good day to be a Tiger. I know I should temper expectations but I really like this group coming in and think we can turn a corner this year. Can't wait for the season to start.

The job is great......the person who currently has the job, sucks!

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - michaelf - 04-11-2015 09:52 PM

(04-11-2015 09:46 PM)springcat Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 01:53 PM)jason80 Wrote:  Awesome! Hopefully this kid being underrated coming out of hs could be a difference maker for us. Sounds like a guy that can help. Great news though. Looking forward to seeing a Markel, Jeremiah backcourt with the Lawsons in the front court. Just shows you that this job is a pretty good one with so many high level recruits coming out of the city year end year out. It's gotta be one of the best cities in America in producing basketball talent, it's between us and Chicago. I don't understand all the haters who say nobody would take this job it's a bad job. Look at all the recruits coming out every year, the facilities, the fan base even in down years top ten in attendance. Our coach makes top ten salary but yet they tell you it's a bad job. I don't buy it. It's a great job and city for basketball. It's a good day to be a Tiger. I know I should temper expectations but I really like this group coming in and think we can turn a corner this year. Can't wait for the season to start.

[Image: 2c04d26952c349133dde241e553f0a25.jpg]

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - UOFMGLENN - 04-11-2015 10:58 PM

(04-11-2015 09:46 PM)springcat Wrote:  

05-deadhorse

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - roachman48 - 04-12-2015 10:29 AM

Just a thought.
What if we kept this thread going with info about this kid.

My interpretation is that we just got a local PG who is a pretty darn good player . But, he was underrated as far as being a college prospect.
This is exciting in that in the past so many of these type players have signed with other schools and been good/ great players.
Now, we have signed one of these players. We definitely have a roster need for a PG. Hopefully, this signing will work out nicely.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - BigTigerMike - 04-12-2015 12:43 PM

(04-12-2015 10:29 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Just a thought.

My interpretation is that we just got a local PG who is a pretty darn good player . But, he was underrated as far as being a college prospect.
This is exciting in that in the past so many of these type players have signed with other schools and been good/ great players.
Now, we have signed one of these players. We definitely have a roster need for a PG. Hopefully, this signing will work out nicely.

Im in full agreement 04-cheers

I like that Martin puts great effort on the defensive end as well as the offensive end

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - Antonio5fan - 04-12-2015 02:01 PM

What size player is Jeremiah Martin?

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - holyterror - 04-12-2015 02:12 PM

6-1 and skinny (long).

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - MemphisTigerPawr - 04-12-2015 02:23 PM

I recall a pretty good Tiger PG from Mitchell.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - jason80 - 04-12-2015 02:39 PM

(04-12-2015 10:29 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Just a thought.

Yeah I agree we may get a steal with this guy. I think we are due with all the busts we have had recently with local products. Maybe he will play with that chip on his shoulder and won't be one of those more concerned with his draft stock and actually want to win and be a successful college player. In the past those other guys have been told how great they are and pampered their whole careers. These underrated hard nosed guys are the ones that you can build around. He will be here four years with Markel for three so that should be a tough backcourt going forward. Wish we were in on more guys like this. The prima donnas don't seem to work out well here. It's takes a special skill to massage the egos of these five star can't miss guys. I would rather have these four year guys who will be here and work their butts off over these over hyped guys who only care about the NBA.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - HometownTiger - 04-12-2015 04:11 PM

(04-12-2015 02:12 PM)holyterror Wrote:  6-1 and skinny (long).

I heard he was more like 6'3" now?

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - holyterror - 04-12-2015 04:37 PM

I've read 6-1, 6-2, and 6-3.
Went with the shorter number, as I can't remember anybody who arrived here as tall as advertised in high school.

But I re-watched the home Uconn game this afternoon. This guy with Markel could be a really tough combination.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - jason80 - 04-12-2015 06:26 PM

(04-12-2015 04:37 PM)holyterror Wrote:  I've read 6-1, 6-2, and 6-3.
Went with the shorter number, as I can't remember anybody who arrived here as tall as advertised in high school.

But I re-watched the home Uconn game this afternoon. This guy with Markel could be a really tough combination.

Yeah I'm with you could be a good duo going forward for three years. Plus u got KJ at the three for the next three or four years. I like the team now just need to get a system in place and develop some chemistry which shouldn't be hard seeing as all these guys know each other and are familiar being from the same city. I guess u add Jaylen Fisher in the next class and we should be ok for the next few years at the guard spot not to mention Broddie could help too.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - TigerSeth - 04-13-2015 12:12 AM

(04-12-2015 02:12 PM)holyterror Wrote:  6-1 and skinny (long).

That's what she said.

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - TigerSeth - 04-13-2015 12:12 AM

(04-12-2015 02:23 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I recall a pretty good Tiger PG from Mitchell.

Lele Mitchell?

RE: Jeremiah Martin commits to Memphis - bigcatpack - 04-13-2015 07:13 AM

(04-13-2015 12:12 AM)TigerSeth Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:23 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I recall a pretty good Tiger PG from Mitchell.

Lele Mitchell?

More like Andre Turner from Mitchell.