CSNbbs
William & Mary releases athletic plan - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: William & Mary releases athletic plan (/thread-734007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

William & Mary releases athletic plan - HMK - 04-08-2015 07:17 AM

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_7713d643-e6df-5d0c-a3dc-84f57f751bf0.html

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Dukeman - 04-08-2015 07:34 AM

How does this comapre to the JMU plan?

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - DolleyMadison - 04-08-2015 07:58 AM

(04-08-2015 07:34 AM)Dukeman Wrote:  How does this comapre to the JMU plan?

It's night and day.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/25100/sports/aef/report.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25100

Measurable metrics and a clearly defined plan. Where JMU's "strategic plan" came off as something that could be applied to almost any school in the country, W&M released a plan that is specific to their university, their goals, their vision, and their athletic program.

03-banghead

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Dukie95 - 04-08-2015 08:14 AM

Wait, I thought good plans required throwing your current conference under the bus, but this doesn't seem to have that. xConfusedx

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Deez Nuts - 04-08-2015 08:29 AM

(04-08-2015 07:58 AM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  

It's night and day.

Measurable metrics and a clearly defined plan. Where JMU's "strategic plan" came off as something that could be applied to almost any school in the country, W&M released a plan that is specific to their university, their goals, their vision, and their athletic program.

03-banghead

lolDrama. did you actually read it?

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - DolleyMadison - 04-08-2015 08:43 AM

(04-08-2015 08:29 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 07:58 AM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  

It's night and day.

03-banghead

lolDrama. did you actually read it?

Drama? Explain...

Read the JMU report? Yes, I did.

I also scanned the W&M report just now as well. Scroll through it yourself before insinuating I being "dramatic." W&M does a great job detailing specific needs, bench marks, and how to achieve their desired goals.

I respectfully provided my points, can you provide any counter points other than "LOL"

The two are not even comparable

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - JMU2004 - 04-08-2015 08:45 AM

Far more substance and measurable goals in this one.

Not so much happy go lucky feel good slogans.

And no paid consultant was used to produce this? Impossible!

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - DolleyMadison - 04-08-2015 09:00 AM

(04-08-2015 08:45 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Far more substance and measurable goals in this one.

And W&M shows that it is possible to draft a strong strategic plan without the mention of FBS, FCS, or conference alignment.

Despite what some claim, the people unhappy with JMU's strategic plan has NOTHING to do with the conference movement or the lack thereof.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Birdman33 - 04-08-2015 09:02 AM

(04-08-2015 08:45 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Far more substance and measurable goals in this one.

It might have more substance but the video accompanying our report was beast. We might have no direction but we do it with style. Take that tribe.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - TXGiant - 04-08-2015 09:06 AM

Thank you for posting this. Here is a link directly to plan:

This is a real strategic plan. This type of plan, and admission of shortcomings, is what you get with real leadership.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - POTUS#4 - 04-08-2015 09:28 AM

First, I will admit I have only skimmed both plans.

I agree that the W&M plan looks excellent and appears to be tailored to their unique situation. However, as I look down the list of stuff they hope to accomplish, it seems like most of the items are things that JMU has already accomplished or are in the process of implementing. Maybe we had a top secret strategic plan all along.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Purplehazed - 04-08-2015 03:47 PM

Somebody name a nationally branded fcs football program.

I like W&M's graph showing events/attendance...shows that football is where university branding can be realized.

William & Mary has a trump card that we don't - public Ivy. They are nationally branded by being knows as one of the best schools in the country. If I were a W&M alum, I'd love to be in the pioneer with peers and I'd go to events and eat cheese and drink wine and be happy with bleachers seating 2,500.

We have good academics but we drink beer out of kegs. JMU needs 1A football to engage alum and brand nationally.

William & Mary releases athletic plan - Hart Foundation - 04-08-2015 04:05 PM

We need to admit that W&M is smarter than we are.
SMART goals

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - DoubleDogDare - 04-08-2015 04:06 PM

(04-08-2015 03:47 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  Somebody name a nationally branded fcs football program.

I like W&M's graph showing events/attendance...shows that football is where university branding can be realized.

William & Mary has a trump card that we don't - public Ivy. They are nationally branded by being knows as one of the best schools in the country. If I were a W&M alum, I'd love to be in the pioneer with peers and I'd go to events and eat cheese and drink wine and be happy with bleachers seating 2,500.

We have good academics but we drink beer out of kegs. JMU needs 1A football to engage alum and brand nationally.

I demand this post be deleted, way too much truth for these boards.

Well I mean NDSU is pretty much nationally branded only from football but I'm ignoring that.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - All Dukes_All Day - 04-08-2015 04:41 PM

(04-08-2015 03:47 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  Somebody name a nationally branded fcs football program.

W&M has keg parties too.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - BleedingPurple - 04-08-2015 04:52 PM

(04-08-2015 04:41 PM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  

W&M has keg parties too.

That's for when we come to Williamsburg.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Purplehazed - 04-08-2015 05:01 PM

(04-08-2015 04:06 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  

Well I mean NDSU is pretty much nationally branded only from football but I'm ignoring that.

A small percentage of sports fans know that NDSU has won three consecutive fcs NCs

App State dominated fcs for years, say App State to a football fan and they say back, Michigan.

More college football fans know that JMU beat VT than that JMU won the fcs NC in 2004.

People see JMU's stadium and say............why?....even more so in the near future.

We need to take the sunbelt offer and get in the game or we will become stuck in the CAA forever which is what Bourne has wanted all along and Alger is afraid of the FSC and not listening to alum and ignoring the best endowment opportunity out there...

We are not William & Mary, although our COB is ranked better.

The CAA sucks.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - JMUETC - 04-08-2015 05:14 PM

(04-08-2015 05:01 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 04:06 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  

A small percentage of sports fans know that NDSU has won three consecutive fcs NCs

App State dominated fcs for years, say App State to a football fan and they say back, Michigan.

More college football fans know that JMU beat VT than that JMU won the fcs NC in 2004.

People see JMU's stadium and say............why?....even more so in the near future.

We need to take the sunbelt offer and get in the game or we will become stuck in the CAA forever which is what Bourne has wanted all along and Alger is afraid of the FSC and not listening to alum and ignoring the best endowment opportunity out there...

We are not William & Mary, although our COB is ranked better.

The CAA sucks.

as a huge aside, I was in a bar last week that had a whole bunch of college flags hanging from the ceiling. The ASU flag said "3 time football national champions" or something close to that. Anyone not in that bar will say Michigan.

Maybe they should have a flag that says " we beat Michigan"

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - Sitting bull - 04-08-2015 07:19 PM

You always seem so uninformed.

Of the top 35 nationally ranked universities:
14 are FBS
11 are FCS
10 are none above

You want national brands: Harvard, Yale, Georgetown, William & Mary, Princeton, Villanova, Cal Poly, Penn among the top.

A better question would be list a few nationally branded G5 schools.

In terms of COB, W&M ranks 22 on latest Bloomberg. JMU has dropped to 40, five spots above Elon.

I agree with you that you that JMU is a better fit with the Sunbelt. It doesn't need be a knock on FCS or the CAA though to make the point.

RE: William & Mary releases athletic plan - DolleyMadison - 04-08-2015 08:22 PM

(04-08-2015 07:19 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  

You always seem so uninformed.

Of the top 35 nationally ranked universities:
14 are FBS
11 are FCS
10 are none above

You want national brands: Harvard, Yale, Georgetown, William & Mary, Princeton, Villanova, Cal Poly, Penn among the top.

A better question would be list a few nationally branded G5 schools.

In terms of COB, W&M ranks 22 on latest Bloomberg. JMU has dropped to 40, five spots above Elon.

I agree with you that you that JMU is a better fit with the Sunbelt. It doesn't need be a knock on FCS or the CAA though to make the point.

Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Penn are nationally branded because they are Ivy Leagues...

Georgetown and Villanova are nationally branded because of basketball...

W&M and Cal Poly are NOT nationally branded...I didn't know Cal Poly was a school until this thread.

None of them are branded due to their FCS program.

Which G5 schools are not nationally branded? Even schools like Akron and Troy has more national recognition than W&M in a lot of cases. Sorry, truth hurts...

DISCLAIMER - Nationally branded does not mean they aren't amazing institutions of higher education. It just means they are not a nationally known brand (aka your average joe wouldn't say "who?" when said university was mentioned).