CSNbbs
ECU fans - Anton Gill - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ECU fans - Anton Gill (/thread-733926.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ECU fans - Anton Gill - MegaCard - 04-07-2015 01:51 PM

ECU fans, I'm hearing Anton Gill may possibly be transferring to the Pirates. Any word about this in the Greenville area?

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - ECUGrad07 - 04-07-2015 01:51 PM

(04-07-2015 01:51 PM)MegaCard Wrote:  ECU fans, I'm hearing Anton Gill may possibly be transferring to the Pirates. Any word about this in the Greenville area?

His dad played for ECU.

Would have to free up a scholly to make room. But yeah there has been chatter and whatnot.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - StillJonesing - 04-07-2015 02:45 PM

Dude can't throw it in the ocean.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - PirateMarv - 04-07-2015 03:00 PM

(04-07-2015 01:51 PM)MegaCard Wrote:  ECU fans, I'm hearing Anton Gill may possibly be transferring to the Pirates. Any word about this in the Greenville area?

He almost committed to ECU out of high school, so this would not be a surprise considering his dad's career at ECU.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - b0ndsj0ns - 04-07-2015 03:08 PM

Heard rumors of ECU and UNCW as potential landing spots. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - Chappy - 04-08-2015 11:34 AM

I wonder if Lester Lyons has any kids that ball. He was my favorite player when I was at ECU.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - PirateMarv - 04-08-2015 12:25 PM

(04-08-2015 11:34 AM)Chappy Wrote:  I wonder if Lester Lyons has any kids that ball. He was my favorite player when I was at ECU.

Copeland has a kid at Georgetown. That would be a nice transfer too.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - PirateJP - 04-08-2015 03:01 PM

We would need to free up another scholarship, we filled the one left by Alexander with the 6'10" kid from Florida

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - TheBigEastSucks - 04-08-2015 03:29 PM

(04-08-2015 03:01 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  We would need to free up another scholarship, we filled the one left by Alexander with the 6'10" kid from Florida

No offense but I hope Lebo passes on him and I bet he would end up at uncw

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - blunderbuss - 04-08-2015 04:09 PM

(04-07-2015 02:45 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Dude can't throw it in the ocean.

A kid like that just doesn't forget how to shoot. Louiseville was stacked. He barely got on the court there. SMH.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - First Mate - 04-08-2015 04:56 PM

(04-08-2015 04:09 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

A kid like that just doesn't forget how to shoot. Louiseville was stacked. He barely got on the court there. SMH.

How tall is he? We need bigs not guards unless he is can't miss.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - Danger in Carolina - 04-08-2015 05:11 PM

(04-07-2015 03:08 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Heard rumors of ECU and UNCW as potential landing spots. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Can't figure out why UNCW bball is such an attraction (no put down), guess the Wainright and Brownell eras still linger.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - ECBrad - 04-08-2015 05:47 PM

Wilmington is a good place to be a college student. If you can't play at a big time program I can see the appeal.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - Danger in Carolina - 04-08-2015 07:24 PM

(04-08-2015 05:47 PM)ECBrad Wrote:  Wilmington is a good place to be a college student. If you can't play at a big time program I can see the appeal.

It certainly is a nice campus and right near great beaches. Greenville can't match that.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - Niner National - 04-08-2015 08:36 PM

I thought for sure he'd end up at UNCW with Keatts being his HC at Hargrave and an assistant at UL.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - StillJonesing - 04-08-2015 10:42 PM

Since they were stacked you'd think he'd have wide open shots from the fact they had other far more viable options, they had players to take the pressure off and that could get them the ball, and after 30 games of shooting futility teams would be daring him to shoot. Seriously when teams are more talented and you aren't a primary option usually efficiency goes up not down because there is less pressure.

60 games
445 minutes

41-124.... 33.6% FG's
17-70.......24.2% 3's
11-31......35.4% Free throws

That's aweful. I hope we pass personally. Far greater need for a center and point guard than a 6-3 guard that hasn't made shots in years.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - StillJonesing - 04-08-2015 11:07 PM

(04-08-2015 05:47 PM)ECBrad Wrote:  Wilmington is a good place to be a college student. If you can't play at a big time program I can see the appeal.

For a 65 year old retired snowbird or Spicoli maybe I could agree. Seriously though their campus looks like a a strip mall that was built about 1993 all except their basketball arena which looks 85 years old Everything is at least 5 miles from any kind of bar or party and it's a pain in the ass to try to get to. I've spent tons of time there and just about every other place there is a university at this point in this state. Greenville sucks but as a college experience it's certainly got that place beat and just about everyone else if you like a party fun social college experience.

He could come here and get on national TV 18 times given the options of the two and UNCW is like the least diverse school in the state. Not sure how attractive that is for a lot of these basketball players.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - PirateMarv - 04-08-2015 11:08 PM

(04-08-2015 10:42 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

Since they were stacked you'd think he'd have wide open shots from the fact they had other far more viable options, they had players to take the pressure off and that could get them the ball, and after 30 games of shooting futility teams would be daring him to shoot. Seriously when teams are more talented and you aren't a primary option usually efficiency goes up not down because there is less pressure.

60 games
445 minutes

41-124.... 33.6% FG's
17-70.......24.2% 3's
11-31......35.4% Free throws

That's aweful. I hope we pass personally. Far greater need for a center and point guard than a 6-3 guard that hasn't made shots in years.

I remember you advising Temple fans that Temple was going suffer this year, because they were going to miss the productivity of Anthony Lee after he decided to transfer. Needless to say; Temple was one of the most improved teams in the nation this year.

I think that Gill will be fine at ECU.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - StillJonesing - 04-08-2015 11:21 PM

(04-08-2015 11:08 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  I remember you advising Temple fans that Temple was going suffer this year, because they were going to miss the productivity of Anthony Lee after he decided to transfer.

yep, losing one of the most productive players in the AAC to Ohio State I'm pretty sure I said they wouldn't make the NCAA's like they were predicting not that they couldn't improve although they clearly exceeded my expectations by a lot as well as most professionals.

Quote:Needless to say; Temple was one of the most improved teams in the nation this year.

I think that Gill will be fine at ECU.

Yep THE most improved team in the nation, like improving 150 RPI spots is normal.

Clearly that's an elite outlier, the biggest. Nearly every other preseason thought I had about UConn, Memphis, USF, Houston, UCF, Tulane SMU, Tulsa etc was correct though. Not that UConn or Memphis fans would apologize or point that out. ECU as you know I never had any faith in Lebo anyway. I figured he's squander the talent we had and he did. We suck.

Where a Temple summer PRESEASON 2014 thought would rank on the scale of dumb shat you talk about would be pretty minor too. After all Antonio Robinson was our best player this year everybody Marv said that in March. Antonio Robinson. Look him up.

Other gems other might not get but you wanted to run Sherrod off, you thought Chris Turner was our best player one year, you said Akeem sucked and should have been coming off our sorry 200+ teams bench 2 months before he signed an NBA contract etc.

That's not even logical and educated preseason summer talk I got 85% right that just turned out to be wrong on a returning 185 RPI team that lost graduate players and transfers to Ohio State and even added questionable transfers midseason that were unknown at the time if they would be eligible and changed the team and had the biggest outlier improvement in the nation.

You could find one or 2 preseason prediction out of 12 wrong with anyone brave enough to make a prediction. Anyone including every professional. It doesn't even compare to the stupid ass crap you say in the middle of seasons while you are actually seeing the teams and players.

RE: ECU fans - Anton Gill - PirateMarv - 04-08-2015 11:40 PM

A few schools that Gill is looking at:
http://pcbb1917.com/2015/04/08/lousiville-transfer-anton-gill-to-visit-providence/