CSNbbs
Likely transfers? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Likely transfers? (/thread-732757.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Likely transfers? - First time Long time - 03-28-2015 09:33 AM

Miller says, "ODU is also holding a 2015 scholarship for the right player. The Monarchs remain in the mix for Kimani Jackson, a forward from New Mexico Junior College."

I have to guess "the right player" has two attributes:

1) is 6'7" or taller (addresses biggest problem and doesn't create rotation problems amongst current successful back court)
2) can contribute immediately to a team primed to make the NCAA tourney in 2016 (without filling void of Arledge/Ross and improving front court, still might finish 3-5 in CUSA)

The staff obviously believes Kimani fits the bill. Are there any transfers out there who might be a good match? Speculation please.

RE: Likely transfers? - ODUR8R - 03-28-2015 09:42 AM

(03-28-2015 09:33 AM)First time Long time Wrote:  Miller says, "ODU is also holding a 2015 scholarship for the right player. The Monarchs remain in the mix for Kimani Jackson, a forward from New Mexico Junior College."

1) is 6'7" or taller (addresses biggest problem and doesn't create rotation problems amongst current successful back court)
2) can contribute immediately to a team primed to make the NCAA tourney in 2016 (without filling void of Arledge/Ross and improving front court, still might finish 3-5 in CUSA)

The staff obviously believes Kimani fits the bill. Are there any transfers out there who might be a good match? Speculation please.

Tyler Harris 6'9 from Providence

RE: Likely transfers? - DaBigBlue - 03-28-2015 10:41 AM

That would be a good one and there is word of another 6-7 walkon. Jeff has done a great job getting these players to walk on, we could have 4-5 next year. A few will get playing time, 4 are over 6-7.

RE: Likely transfers? - Petey Hodge - 03-28-2015 12:45 PM

(03-28-2015 09:42 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  
(03-28-2015 09:33 AM)First time Long time Wrote:  Miller says, "ODU is also holding a 2015 scholarship for the right player. The Monarchs remain in the mix for Kimani Jackson, a forward from New Mexico Junior College."

Tyler Harris 6'9 from Providence

What
I
Was
Thinking!!!

RE: Likely transfers? - DaBigBlue - 03-28-2015 09:12 PM

I was thinking Providence lost a few players so looked. They have lost 10 players in the last 4 years, including 757player Josh Fortune. Rodney Bullock is still there has been sitting for two years, one RS and one injury.

RE: Likely transfers? - djnva - 03-28-2015 09:24 PM

Va Tech is losing their leading scorer, however he's a guard, so not really needed here, but keep an eye on where he goes.

RE: Likely transfers? - DaBigBlue - 03-28-2015 09:42 PM

The only player I would take from VaTech is a freshman that's coming in. They lost 11 players in the last 3 years.

RE: Likely transfers? - djnva - 03-28-2015 09:43 PM

If we can get the Providence kid to come here...well, that would be something.

RE: Likely transfers? - Gilesfan - 03-28-2015 10:03 PM

I'd rather get a freshamn to be honest. Though won't complain about the Providence guy.

Next year we'll have Stith, Pervier, Taylor, Berbaraj and you can also maybe play Douglas/Talley at the 4 at times.

RE: Likely transfers? - DaBigBlue - 03-28-2015 10:32 PM

Junior Etou to transfer out of Rutgers. He's a 6-8 soph who started every game and played HS ball in DC.

Bulllock is a lot like Stith, but coming back from an injury. He best skill was foot work, hopefully his wheels are ok and he has a good season. Like the kid alot, really thought he was coming here. Heard he was ready sign on his visit and we told him to talked it over with his family and...

Stith has a lot of upside, glad he's here.

I'm ok with transfers and jucos, bigs take so much time to develop.

RE: Likely transfers? - ODU Hugh - 03-30-2015 12:15 PM

“@TheRecruitScoop: Drexel forward Damion Lee will transfer & is immediately eligible due as a 5th year, per multiple sources.”

Great get if he's healthy.

RE: Likely transfers? - mac - 03-30-2015 12:19 PM

As hard as the coaches have been working the recruiting trail I'm sure we will hear something positive once the signing date gets closer. Just hard to wait for news sometimes!

Likely transfers? - MonGNARch - 03-30-2015 12:34 PM

(03-28-2015 10:32 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  Junior Etou to transfer out of Rutgers. He's a 6-8 soph who started every game and played HS ball in DC.

Junior went to my high school. Not when I was there but my younger brother was there at the same time he was. He was a man among boys, especially since our conference was one of the best in the area. There was some controversy about his birth certificate and that he was 21 years old while in high school... But that's in the past. If ODU can land him, it would be a great addition

RE: Likely transfers? - ODUCoach - 03-30-2015 12:47 PM

Etou was literally a man among boys in high school.

Lee would be so much fun to have on the wing playing alongside Freeman.

But, the Providence kid probably makes the most sense for our immediate needs.

RE: Likely transfers? - Stanger - 03-30-2015 01:24 PM

(03-30-2015 12:15 PM)ODU Hugh Wrote:  “@TheRecruitScoop: Drexel forward Damion Lee will transfer & is immediately eligible due as a 5th year, per multiple sources.”

He lit us up from the corner at the Ted his freshman year. Killed Senior night.

RE: Likely transfers? - jumpshooter - 03-30-2015 01:27 PM

Question: A kid announces he'd going to transfer. Are college coaches able to contact him immediately and recruit? Does the player have to reach out? Does the school year have to have ended, since the kid is a student at, say, Drexel?

Anyone REALLY know how this all works?

RE: Likely transfers? - ODU Hugh - 03-30-2015 01:32 PM

(03-30-2015 01:24 PM)Stanger Wrote:  
(03-30-2015 12:15 PM)ODU Hugh Wrote:  “@TheRecruitScoop: Drexel forward Damion Lee will transfer & is immediately eligible due as a 5th year, per multiple sources.”

He lit us up from the corner at the Ted his freshman year. Killed Senior night.

Ah yes, the game where him and Baze were trading daggers. Crazy game.

RE: Likely transfers? - CameramanJ - 03-30-2015 01:37 PM

Hopefully keep trying for Kimani Jackson, but Harris or Lee would be great too. Not sure about Etou, but as long as the O'Connell baggage doesn't factor in that'd be fine.

RE: Likely transfers? - DaBigBlue - 03-30-2015 02:15 PM

(03-30-2015 01:27 PM)jumpshooter Wrote:  Question: A kid announces he'd going to transfer. Are college coaches able to contact him immediately and recruit? Does the player have to reach out? Does the school year have to have ended, since the kid is a student at, say, Drexel?

Anyone REALLY know how this all works?

I'm no expert, I think it goes like this. A player can announce he's planning to transfer, but until he given his waiver (release) from the college he's leaving it's a violation for any other school to contact him. This includes 5th grad students, the waiver can specified what schools the player can transfer to.

A player who didn't play cause he missed the whole season do to Medical issues and likely a RS candidate and he transfers. More than likely he can play the year at the new school.

Most players don't announce they're transferring till after the season and sometimes after the semester break. It can get pretty rough for them if the team is playing. His scholarship gets him to the summer break. Goodman will have his 1st list Monday with about 100 transfers and likely to grow to 450. I'm willing to bet we have couple of transfers in or maybe out.

Re: RE: Likely transfers? - Monarchblue - 03-30-2015 10:28 PM

There is no way we get Lee. He will be the top transfer available and everybody will be knocking on his door.