CSNbbs
Report - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Report (/thread-732273.html)

Pages: 1 2

Report - Ramsay7884 - 03-24-2015 03:32 PM

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/other/UAB-binder-complete.pdf

Very long PDF

RE: Report - Hopeful - 03-24-2015 03:58 PM

It's on track with the cryptic responses the administration shared and one hundred percent goes against any notion of transparency. We weren't just asking for insight into the process, we were asking for the truth and it wasn't shared. Even more disturbing is that some of the talking points on page eight were seemingly used verbatim, if I recall correctly. That speaks not of a president of a major university using fair judgement and carefully navigating a tense situation but instead of a man looking to take an easy out by using the material provided to him.

I skimmed it real fast and a lot of it seems to be AL.com articles along with the respective comments and the entirety of the Carr Report.

RE: Report - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 03-24-2015 04:06 PM

All of this is beginning to look like the makings a book by some noted sports authority, perhaps one at Sports Illustrated or the like.

RE: Report - thebernreuter - 03-24-2015 06:15 PM

(03-24-2015 03:58 PM)Hopeful Wrote:  Even more disturbing is that some of the talking points on page eight were seemingly used verbatim, if I recall correctly. That speaks not of a president of a major university using fair judgement and carefully navigating a tense situation but instead of a man looking to take an easy out by using the material provided to him.

The $850k/ year president can't even write an email without professional help. I want to know what he actually does.

RE: Report - thebernreuter - 03-24-2015 06:17 PM

The final draft of the Carr Report was submitted to Watts September 9th, according to that PDF. If he truly didn't make his decision until after the season was over, but all the data he considered was already in, what on earth was he doing for the next three months?

Certainly not having an open dialogue with his constituents and facilitating communication with key stakeholders, because all of those buzzwords didn't start getting thrown around until after he got in trouble.

RE: Report - hooverblazer - 03-24-2015 07:46 PM

Interesting that within the pdf, there's written statements attributed to Mackin using the same buzzwords as Watts. Mackin was also scheduled to go around with Watts to explain the decision. I think this clearly shows that Mackin was heavily involved in this process.

The question still remains though whether he did it willingly or if his arm was twisted.

RE: Report - blazertke - 03-24-2015 07:50 PM

(03-24-2015 07:46 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Interesting that within the pdf, there's written statements attributed to Mackin using the same buzzwords as Watts. Mackin was also scheduled to go around with Watts to explain the decision. I think this clearly shows that Mackin was heavily involved in this process.

The question still remains though whether he did it willingly or if his arm was twisted.

Given his resignation I'd imagine his arm was twisted, IMO. Just reading through these documents makes me sick to my stomach.

RE: Report - CajunBlazer - 03-24-2015 08:15 PM

Reading these documents really illustrates how weak Watt's letter of response was and how easy it is to conclude that it is a total lie used to cover up previous lies. How stupid can Watts be even think of trying that. As someone else (maybe 58-56) wrote: "Dude, they have your playbook!"

Reading this garbage further convinces me that Watts is already out the door, he just doesn't know it yet. Maybe we should start a pool on when his last day will be.

RE: Report - Pavy78 - 03-24-2015 09:03 PM

After reading this, did you feel like you were hearing Watts speak it again? Everything he said came from here verbatim.03-puke

RE: Report - blazerfrombirth - 03-24-2015 09:04 PM

(03-24-2015 09:03 PM)Pavy78 Wrote:  After reading this, did you feel like you were hearing Watts speak it again? Everything he said came from here verbatim.03-puke

Yep.

RE: Report - BlazrDawg - 03-24-2015 10:10 PM

Having read all those pages of stuff from the NY PR firm, one cant help but think that they already knew what the decision was and were clearly planning on how Watts was to answer questions about what was going on. They couldnt have dreamed up those scenarios without being given the groundwork on which they were to be advising, planning, etc. WATTS KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO AND IT WAS BEFORE FOOTBALL SEASON EVEN BEGAN.

RE: Report - BlazerPhil - 03-24-2015 11:52 PM

(03-24-2015 10:10 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  Having read all those pages of stuff from the NY PR firm, one cant help but think that they already knew what the decision was and were clearly planning on how Watts was to answer questions about what was going on. They couldnt have dreamed up those scenarios without being given the groundwork on which they were to be advising, planning, etc. WATTS KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO AND IT WAS BEFORE FOOTBALL SEASON EVEN BEGAN.

And the decision had been made before Clark was ever hired.

RE: Report - Agent Orange Sauce - 03-25-2015 12:40 AM

Gross. I'm embarrassed for UAB. I feel like this cheapens my degree. Absolutely disgraceful and appalling.

RE: Report - Bearded Dragon - 03-25-2015 07:20 AM

I read most and it appears like a premeditated crime scene. Amazing! Those clowns were even monitoring the comments section of Al.com to help with Q&A for board of un-trusties.03-puke Its criminal!

Report - Blazing Saddles - 03-25-2015 08:33 AM

Complete misappropriation of funds

RE: Report - BeliefBlazer - 03-25-2015 08:36 AM

(03-24-2015 11:52 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 10:10 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  Having read all those pages of stuff from the NY PR firm, one cant help but think that they already knew what the decision was and were clearly planning on how Watts was to answer questions about what was going on. They couldnt have dreamed up those scenarios without being given the groundwork on which they were to be advising, planning, etc. WATTS KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO AND IT WAS BEFORE FOOTBALL SEASON EVEN BEGAN.

And the decision had been made before Clark was ever hired.

It specifically mentions the previous coach (McGee) leaving around the time the "Strategic Plan" started.

RE: Report - ATTALLABLAZE - 03-25-2015 08:38 AM

(03-25-2015 07:20 AM)Bearded Dragon Wrote:  I read most and it appears like a premeditated crime scene. Amazing! Those clowns were even monitoring the comments section of Al.com to help with Q&A for board of un-trusties.03-puke Its criminal!

Yep. They even have some posting comments.

RE: Report - USAFBlazerFan - 03-25-2015 08:48 AM

In light of the recording(s) from the Mackin meetings, it's pretty easy to link that the kill order had been issued BEFORE Clark was hired, likely by the athletics committee. Why else would Mackin have gone to the lengths to try to still "save" football. He knew. The athletics committee knew. Everyone knew except Clark.

RE: Report - UAB Band Dad - 03-25-2015 08:57 AM

This ^. +1,000.

I had heard from someone who could not be named that "they" wanted to kill football when McGee left but were told to "wait until the report comes out".

RE: Report - ATTALLABLAZE - 03-25-2015 08:59 AM

The plan to kill UAB football began as soon and Bartow was laid to rest. The plan to return UAB to an extension center has been in the works longer than that I believe. Football is a small part of that.