CSNbbs
Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga (/thread-730384.html)

Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - BE4evah - 03-12-2015 01:11 PM

Tremendous article about U-Conn and the AAC. While U-Conn plays in a mid-major conference, most of the experts quoted think that U-Conn should still be able to make some waves in the future.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-uconn-aac-future-0312-20150311-story.html#page=2

"So to remain on top, UConn will have to capitalize on its brand in recruiting, in spite of the league, and strengthen its nonconference schedule. "

[Bilas] "It will be more difficult for UConn than it was in the Big East, but Gonzaga is still a really high profile program, so it can be done."

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - CardinalJim - 03-12-2015 01:22 PM

As an impartial observer, speaking solely from what I read here, I feel quite confident when I say you have a serious UConn issue that isn't healthy.
CJ

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - blunderbuss - 03-12-2015 01:26 PM

"Mid-major" isn't mentioned once in the article.

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - stever20 - 03-12-2015 01:27 PM

what BE4evah embellished the article? Shocking.

When in the hell is this idiot going to realize that UConn is NEVER going back to the Big East. It's BE4nevah for UConn.

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - OkaForPrez - 03-12-2015 01:40 PM

4 rings in 15 years. Defending Champs. No, Gonzaga's 1 elite 8 appearance (we beat them) is not the freaking bar.

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - CliftonAve - 03-12-2015 02:06 PM

Whenever I see this guy post I am reminded of this 80s hit:

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - justinslot - 03-12-2015 02:19 PM

I thought this troll was banned until football season?

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - C2__ - 03-12-2015 02:24 PM

If anything, Gonzaga wants to become UConn. And the AAC, while not the Big East of old, is still a solid conference.

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - VA49er - 03-12-2015 03:29 PM

(03-12-2015 02:24 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  If anything, Gonzaga wants to become UConn.

This. ^^^

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - UConn-SMU - 03-12-2015 04:20 PM

If only we at UConn could have had Gonzaga's success over the last 25 years ...

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - Maize - 03-12-2015 04:23 PM

Epu8Fail on this Troll attempt

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - NBPirate - 03-12-2015 05:02 PM

I don't understand why obvious trolls that add nothing to the discussion aren't banned or at least suspended.

RE: Jay Bilas: Still hope that U-Conn could become like Gonzaga - C2__ - 03-12-2015 06:53 PM

(03-12-2015 04:20 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  If only we at UConn could have had Gonzaga's success over the last 25 years ...

To be fair, he's not saying UConn needs to emulate GU's success but that they can be a major school in a minor conference. My problem with that is there is a huge dropoff in the WCC after Gonzaga and BYU (if/when Randy Bennett leaves St. Mary's, they'll likely be another Loyola Marymount again). Half of that league plays in high school sized gyms, including Gonzaga previously, and it more resembles the NEC than ACC.

The AAC isn't the old Big East but most of schools are well funded with lots of history.