CSNbbs
I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow (/thread-729522.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - btiger - 03-06-2015 09:56 AM

and congratulate our coach on the win

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - Marc Mensa - 03-06-2015 10:02 AM

I can give credit to where it is due. They played much better defense last night than I've seen from them this year. I love Austin Nichols but Godfrey is a better defender in the post. It looked like we played more man than zone.

Josh's teams play better on the road.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - MTigerBlue - 03-06-2015 10:06 AM

Not a good road team, porous defense, no point guard, coach does nothing but smile at officiating hose jobs, coach runs the same defense all the time, team has no heart, we don’t respond when we get punched in the mouth, is there a game plan, we get up on a team but can’t finish them . . . and every one of those things have been true, to one degree or another, at least this year if not most of them.

Those are the things that have caused most of the fans who have/had given up on Josh to do so. Those are the things that have been missing or sporadic, at best, from our team. But that game last night addressed every one of those issues and moved us in the right direction. We’ve seen movement in several areas, but that was a complete game that put it all together.

I don’t know what caused Josh to finally come away from the man-defense-is-all-we-run position. I don’t know what he said to the players or what the players’ mindsets were, individually or collectively, last night or what caused the change here at the end of the season.

Maybe it was Austin going down for the last time. Maybe it was all the pressure on Josh. Maybe it was Josh showing confidence in people he had benched previously. Whatever it was, it’s what all of us have been waiting and hoping to see, and last night we got to see it.

There will be people who think nothing has changed, regardless. There will be those who think this game was nothing more than an aberration in a downward spiral, and there will be those who think everything has been fine all along and they always knew we would be able to go on the road and beat UConn in their house on senior night. My own thoughts are that there were reasons that I lost faith in Josh, that they were logical and very apparent reasons shared by a host of others, and that he has made strides in addressing the areas that affect how people view a coach. You did a great job last night, coach. Your players did, too.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - Pastnerized - 03-06-2015 10:07 AM

btiger, you're one of the biggest miserables here, stirring up the ish you do.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - tigersroll - 03-06-2015 10:08 AM

My question is this. Where has this effort been? All fans would like to see this type of intensity from the first game. If that were the case, We would be talking 5 More wins and and NCAA bid. CJP's biggest career mishaps happen in early season non-conf games. Congrats on the win Tigers!! Now keep this intensity up each game and see what happens.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - hopeum - 03-06-2015 10:10 AM

It's hard to believe this is where we are
Every program does go through it I suppose
Looking for any ray of sunshine
It's just a game
It definitely sucks though

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - TigerStrong - 03-06-2015 10:12 AM

THE HAMMER HAS HOT US PEAKING AT THE PERFECT TIME !!!'

IM SO PROUD OF THE WAY THE HAMMER KEPT HIS COOL AND DRAWED IP THE GAME WINNER FORM SHAQALICIOUS AND GODFREY BROUGHT THE PAON TRAIN TO THAT DUDES MEMBRANE !!!

THE ROOF IS ON FIYAH, NO CEILING IS
HIGHER, SUCKAS BETTA WATCH FOR TRIPS WIYAHS, DEY GON GETS A FLAT TIYAH, CUZ AN AAC TITLE IS FITTIN TO TRANSPIRE !!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAS ?!?!?!?!

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - tiger2000 - 03-06-2015 10:16 AM

[Image: jPZm5gA.gif]

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - tiger-viper - 03-06-2015 10:22 AM

(03-06-2015 10:16 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  [Image: jPZm5gA.gif]

that reminds me of purvis flying into the base of the goal.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - tigerlands - 03-06-2015 10:23 AM

(03-06-2015 10:22 AM)tiger-viper Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 10:16 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  [Image: jPZm5gA.gif]

that reminds me of purvis flying into the base of the goal.

HA...it does. Good one.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - BealeStreetTiger - 03-06-2015 10:26 AM

Josh managed the rotation without micro managing the team. Timely TOs, subs, and for a change provide good options after TOs. Josh also allowed some our best players to actually play meaningful minutes instead of warming the bench.

He also tried to get a tech to back his players but for some reason the refs didn’t call it. Maybe it was because Geoffrey grabbed him and pulled him to the bench. Good road win.

Too bad there is only 1 regular season game left because Josh has done well before only to revert back.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - RheaJ - 03-06-2015 10:29 AM

Pastner coached his A$$ off last night. Some times miserable people can never be happy.

GO TIGERS! Some of us still support the program.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - memphis tall - 03-06-2015 10:30 AM

(03-06-2015 10:29 AM)RheaJ Wrote:  Pastner coached his A$$ off last night. Some times miserable people can never be happy.

GO TIGERS! Some of us still support the program.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - memphis tall - 03-06-2015 10:32 AM

the people in this thread are the miserables of the miserables , you have no shame and no conscience or sense of fair play. rot in hades!

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - btiger - 03-06-2015 10:35 AM

(03-06-2015 10:32 AM)memphis tall Wrote:  the people in this thread are the miserables of the miserables , you have no shame and no conscience or sense of fair play. rot in hades!

reported

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - Unionman76 - 03-06-2015 10:41 AM

(03-06-2015 10:07 AM)Pastnerized Wrote:  btiger, you're one of the biggest miserables here, stirring up the ish you do.

i think btiger was talking to the mirror

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - bubbapt - 03-06-2015 11:34 AM

Playing just seven men, players getting injured and going back in, hitting big shots, handling the run and the hostile crowd, looking better prepared than the opponent at the start of each half, using Burrell to his full potential, Godfrey getting just a little bit nasty, coach keeping his cool and not getting teed up despite atrocious officiating.

I could start another run on sentence, but it was a gutty performance.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - bubbapt - 03-06-2015 11:37 AM

(03-06-2015 10:12 AM)TigerStrong Wrote:  THE HAMMER HAS HOT US PEAKING AT THE PERFECT TIME !!!'

IM SO PROUD OF THE WAY THE HAMMER KEPT HIS COOL AND DRAWED IP THE GAME WINNER FORM SHAQALICIOUS AND GODFREY BROUGHT THE PAON TRAIN TO THAT DUDES MEMBRANE !!!

THE ROOF IS ON FIYAH, NO CEILING IS
HIGHER, SUCKAS BETTA WATCH FOR TRIPS WIYAHS, DEY GON GETS A FLAT TIYAH, CUZ AN AAC TITLE IS FITTIN TO TRANSPIRE !!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAS ?!?!?!?!

Um, what he said.

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - RheaJ - 03-06-2015 11:38 AM

IS THE HAMMER COACH JOSH WOODEN?

haha couldn't resist

RE: I Hope All You Miserables Will Eat Crow - TJT - 03-06-2015 11:42 AM

Don't let Uconn's record fool you, they are a fantastic team. That's one of the best road wins in Josh's young career.

When he called the timeout late I knew we were going to get a great look at a final shot and we did. That Shaq jumper off the dribble with 8 seconds to play was basketball coaching poetry. That is just the guy I want handling the ball and taking that kind of shot there. Even if he missed I'm sure we'd all defend that fabulous play call.

Congrats to Josh. He deserves a raise and an extension.