CSNbbs
Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Things To Do Before Next Football Season (/thread-729375.html)

Things To Do Before Next Football Season - DetroitRocket - 03-05-2015 12:12 PM

1. Put Kareem Hunt on a plane and send him to the best sports medicine doctor in the nation. Right now, he's the most important player we have, and we need to do everything to avoid a David Fluellen repeat. He was limping late in the bowl game.

2. Find a punter. Our 36.6 punt average was at the bottom of the MAC, and really hurt our field position. I was surprised we didn't try to sign a scholarship punter.

3. Design more plays for tight ends. Going into the bowl game, we were averaging about one catch per game from the TE's. Considering the advantage tight ends have over defenders (mostly linebackers and safeties), it's crazy not to use them. It was good to see some changes in the bowl game to involve the tight end more.

4. Get the signals straight. We still struggle with silly penalties and the use of timeouts related to coaching staff/player confusion. Heading into Campbell's fifth season, it's about time that this problem gets solved.

5. Develop more depth at wide receiver.

6. Use the brainpower of everyone on the coaching staff to develop a respectable pass defense. 03-banghead

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - H2Oville Rocket - 03-05-2015 12:37 PM

Rank order: 1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - UofToledoFans - 03-05-2015 12:50 PM

Defense is being fixed. WR lost Olack and Macon. Lots of guys from last years recruiting class are in the hunt. QB, Punter, and kicker positions are in battles for starting roles. A fun Spring and Summer is ahead.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - emanoh - 03-05-2015 01:42 PM

7. Target Alonzo Russell more than twice a game. Entirely too quiet junior campaign. Seems like in some games it was the 4th quarter and he didn't have a catch or he would have two and one was a TD. He is our Megatron.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - toledobigmike - 03-05-2015 01:47 PM

Given our uncertainty in the kicking game heading into this season, improving our red zone offense is imperative. Utilizing our TEs more would help with that too.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - bcunn3128 - 03-05-2015 01:52 PM

Great list. Address these things successfully and it should be a pretty fun season.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - KingBob - 03-05-2015 04:50 PM

sorry... I was thinking what things to do before next football season...

1. get drunk...
2. get laid...
3. get drunk again...
4. get laid again...

I really can't think of anything that is more important...

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - H2Oville Rocket - 03-05-2015 04:58 PM

(03-05-2015 04:50 PM)KingBob Wrote:  sorry... I was thinking what things to do before next football season...

1. get drunk...
2. get laid...
3. get drunk again...
4. get laid again...

Sorry to hear you're only getting laid twice before September.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - KingBob - 03-05-2015 05:27 PM

(03-05-2015 04:58 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 04:50 PM)KingBob Wrote:  sorry... I was thinking what things to do before next football season...

1. get drunk...
2. get laid...
3. get drunk again...
4. get laid again...

Thanks to bill cluckton... there is very little I can count as sex any more...

but, wow... you think I am only getting drunk twice between now and September too?

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - H2Oville Rocket - 03-05-2015 05:50 PM

(03-05-2015 05:27 PM)KingBob Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 04:58 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

1. get drunk...
2. get laid...
3. get drunk again...
4. get laid again...

Thanks to bill cluckton... there is very little I can count as sex any more...

but, wow... you think I am only getting drunk twice between now and September too?

Getting drunk and staying drunk can last a long time. Unless you're a yogi, Sting or Trudi Steyer sex doesn't. So two times drunk could tide you over. BTW, who is Bill Cluckton and why did you have sex with him?

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Babes boy - 03-05-2015 06:15 PM

(03-05-2015 01:42 PM)emanoh Wrote:  7. Target Alonzo Russell more than twice a game. Entirely too quiet junior campaign. Seems like in some games it was the 4th quarter and he didn't have a catch or he would have two and one was a TD. He is our Megatron.

I cannot believe that we do not throw to Russel more often. I think it's a big mistake.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Boca Rocket - 03-05-2015 06:40 PM

(03-05-2015 06:15 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 01:42 PM)emanoh Wrote:  7. Target Alonzo Russell more than twice a game. Entirely too quiet junior campaign. Seems like in some games it was the 4th quarter and he didn't have a catch or he would have two and one was a TD. He is our Megatron.

I cannot believe that we do not throw to Russel more often. I think it's a big mistake.

It's going to be hard to double up on Russell with Landry on the field at the same time.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Toledo Football 1st - 03-06-2015 12:07 PM

Anybody who can complete a pass downfield can beat us, especially over the middle. Has been that way for too many years.

Russell. Tons of potential, but consistency needs to improve.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Rocket Man - 03-06-2015 04:05 PM

We have a great punter sitting the bench. I would have used Julian more last year to punt. He also gives us a great weapon on fakes. Put him there and let him get some playing time.

RE: Things To Do Before Next Football Season - Rocket A - 03-09-2015 08:21 PM

The #1 thing to do before next football season, is get to Cleveland to support the Men's & Women's basketball teams, then it is on to football.