CSNbbs
CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo (/thread-729072.html)

CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - SylvaniaRocket - 03-03-2015 08:14 AM

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2015/03/mbball-tol-pre

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - UofToledoFans - 03-03-2015 08:57 AM

The article says Toledo university then refers to us as UT later on...

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - SylvaniaRocket - 03-03-2015 09:54 AM

(03-03-2015 08:57 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  The article says Toledo university then refers to us as UT later on...

Many people in Toledo do the same.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - H2Oville Rocket - 03-03-2015 11:37 AM

At least they didn't call us the TU Panthers.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - utrocks84 - 03-03-2015 12:27 PM

or University of Toledo the former Toledo University

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - Toledo Football 1st - 03-03-2015 01:05 PM

I think they will drop one of the last two. I'm going with a win at Michigan Central and they drop the Eastern game.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - UofToledoFans - 03-03-2015 02:07 PM

I think CMU will lose to Western if they lose to Toledo. I think Toledo will beat EMU regardless, and could be 2-0.

Also to round out MAC pickem, NIU is impossible to pick, Miami is dangerous, and BG will have problems with their last two games.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - Toledo Football 1st - 03-03-2015 09:02 PM

Now I agree. They will probably beat Eastern.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - RangerRocket - 03-03-2015 09:06 PM

Ask me if I care. On to something other than Rocket sports for a while. How frustrating.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - NewMex RocketFan - 03-04-2015 02:46 PM

The Rockets came into this season as the media's odds on favorites. CMU has put together a tremendous season; look out for NIU which has put together regular season finish which will make them a very tough out in MAC tourney play.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - temoxley - 03-04-2015 05:23 PM

There are six or seven teams which could win the conference tournament.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - UofToledoFans - 03-04-2015 05:35 PM

Id say OU, and BSU are really the only teams that havent showed promise. Akrons slipped since the injury to their pg. We've seen EMU play well... Really you could say 9 teams have a shot. Miami and NIU are dangerous as ever. With ability to shoot WMU is in the mix as well.

RE: CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - T-Town - 03-04-2015 05:47 PM

(03-04-2015 05:23 PM)temoxley Wrote:  There are six or seven teams which could win the conference tournament.

True but I strongly suspect the winner will come from among the top four seeds because winning 5 games in 6 days is tough to do on tired legs. The advantage goes to those playing 2 or maybe 3 games, but not 5, and with parity among that many teams it is even more so than might be normally be the case.

At this point the Rockets still have a shot at it, not that they will be favored over the field like they were last year or like the WBB team was in 2012, but at least they are in the running. Next year at this time, I seriously doubt that will be the case, so if the drought is not broken at 34 we may be going a lot, lot higher.

CMU can clinch MAC West Tuesday against Toledo - adunifon - 03-04-2015 07:38 PM

(03-04-2015 05:35 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Id say OU, and BSU are really the only teams that havent showed promise. Akrons slipped since the injury to their pg. We've seen EMU play well... Really you could say 9 teams have a shot. Miami and NIU are dangerous as ever. With ability to shoot WMU is in the mix as well.

No way David brown lasts 5 games for wmu. Dude is having his 3rd or 4th senior night this Friday. Will be collecting social security pretty soon it seems.