CSNbbs
MAC Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: MAC Tournament (/thread-728035.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

MAC Tournament - mmucha - 02-23-2015 12:26 PM

MAC tourney is coming-up fast.

let's rank the teams we don't want to play:

1. buffalo
2. nobody else

if we take take #1 seed (he have tie breaker over toledo & central) we want buffalo on the other side of the bracket with no bye. we want them beat-up & tired 05-stirthepot

that means we need them to finish 6th or 7th.

that means we need to root for the zips tomorrow night 03-weeping

if buffalo finishes 4th or 5th, they're on our side of the bracket (assuming we hold onto the #1 seed.)

RE: MAC Tournament - dannyb73 - 02-23-2015 12:36 PM

Personally I have no interest in seeing CMU.

RE: MAC Tournament - JimJoyce - 02-23-2015 01:46 PM

I think we want the bracket as it is currently structured!

Buffalo, Western, Toledo and Central all on the other side.

RE: MAC Tournament - FlashPan - 02-23-2015 01:50 PM

There will be no easy route in winning in Cleveland, believe me. 01-wingedeagle

RE: MAC Tournament - axeme - 02-23-2015 01:53 PM

I'll take BG, Akron, and WMU on our side, thank you.

UB, UT, and CMU on the other, if you please.

We beat them twice, but UT is still the team to worry about, if you are prone to worrying. UB is not nearly as good as you would think if you just saw their game against us. Still, we don't match up to them as well as BG, Akron, and WMU. UB is dangerous if they get seeded. If not, they are too inconsistent to make a long run.

RE: MAC Tournament - mmucha - 02-23-2015 02:01 PM

axeme said: "UB, UT, and CMU on the other, if you please."

that is the ideal scenario :)

RE: MAC Tournament - dannyb73 - 02-23-2015 02:10 PM

Reality is, we need a top 2 seed and the triple bye. Probably, the team that will win the tourney will be one of those 2.

RE: MAC Tournament - mmucha - 02-23-2015 02:18 PM

next year & beyond: do we like the current seeding format or do we go back to the old way?

old way gives lots more excitement to mac tournament. old way: you can have subpar regular season & still have a chance in the mac tourney.

new way: only teams with a real chance are top 4 seeds. new way: regular season means A LOT.

RE: MAC Tournament - axeme - 02-23-2015 02:21 PM

I do agree with FlashPan. There is no "easy" path to a championship. Someone will really have to earn it. I nominate us for that job, no matter how the bracket plays out.

RE: MAC Tournament - GFlash68 - 02-23-2015 02:33 PM

Out of us, Toledo, Buff, CMU, no one is vastly superior in talent. Anyone can win and I believe that the Champ will come from this four. I like us playing close to home, and I like our depth. If we win, it will be due to Sendy and our defense. I like those odds.

RE: MAC Tournament - fallsdog - 02-23-2015 03:14 PM

Teams like Buffalo (and Akron) with big bodies under the basket worry me.

RE: MAC Tournament - cschierh - 02-24-2015 12:35 AM

At the coaches luncheon last week, Senderoff said both men's and women's coaches have voted 12-0 AGAINST current format. Decision is made at AD or presidential level.

Rob said this format was for minor league conferences. He also said hottest MAC team -- not necessarily ones with best regular season records -- had best chance in NCAA tournament.

RE: MAC Tournament - dannyb73 - 02-24-2015 10:17 AM

It is totally mickey-mouse. I get wanting your best team to make the tourney, but a triple bye is a jokefest.

RE: MAC Tournament - mmucha - 02-24-2015 11:11 AM

12-0, wow!

i'd think the league would have to change the format back to the old way of seeding then.

PS as you may be aware, buffalo led kentucky at the half this year. question: has anyone besides buffalo led kentucky at the half?

RE: MAC Tournament - barndog - 02-24-2015 02:31 PM

(02-24-2015 11:11 AM)mmucha Wrote:  PS as you may be aware, buffalo led kentucky at the half this year. question: has anyone besides buffalo led kentucky at the half?

Columbia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Florida

RE: MAC Tournament - burden - 02-24-2015 03:37 PM

As a person who thinks the regular season should matter I still don't like this format. The tournament lacks atmosphere as there are never 8 fan bases around. It has been very evident. While I don't agree that the hottest team in the tournament is really the team with the best chance as coach said, if you are going to have a tournament it might as well be a real one. If a first place team is really that good, they would make the tournament as an at large anyway.

RE: MAC Tournament - mmucha - 02-24-2015 05:21 PM

(02-24-2015 03:37 PM)burden Wrote:  As a person who thinks the regular season should matter I still don't like this format. The tournament lacks atmosphere as there are never 8 fan bases around. It has been very evident. While I don't agree that the hottest team in the tournament is really the team with the best chance as coach said, if you are going to have a tournament it might as well be a real one. If a first place team is really that good, they would make the tournament as an at large anyway.

well said! 04-cheers

RE: MAC Tournament - dannyb73 - 02-25-2015 09:57 PM

Toledo down 3 to NIU with 235 left. If Rockets lose, we are back to the #2 seed.

RE: MAC Tournament - dannyb73 - 02-25-2015 10:07 PM

NIU WON! THAT IS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE IN LATE FEBRUARY!

RE: MAC Tournament - luckyflash - 02-26-2015 08:06 AM

That slides us back into the #2 seed. Just need to win baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!