CSNbbs
Ball State @ Kent State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Ball State @ Kent State (/thread-727356.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ball State @ Kent State - fallsdog - 02-17-2015 10:21 AM

Ball State comes to the MAC Center on a 10 game losing streak. The Golden Flashes are in the thick of the MAC race. Take care of business and the stretch run should be a lot of fun.

GO FLASHES!

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - thanksjim - 02-17-2015 12:35 PM

Jimmy Hall is out tomorrow according to the RC:

http://recordpub.com/sports/2015/02/17/kent-state-sophomore-star-jimmy-hall-will-not-play-on-wednesday

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - mmucha - 02-17-2015 02:06 PM

hall out wed: OK by me.
more rest for when we need him: saturday at ohio!

the silver lining of hall being out:
1. other players getting lots of minutes, lots of experience. i think (i know) the minutes davis has been getting will pay dividends next season.
2. hall will be fresh for stretch run & post-season :)

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - fallsdog - 02-17-2015 03:23 PM

There is a fine line between fresh and available. Mononucleosis, depending on the severity of the case, can be a bear to come back from.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - dannyb73 - 02-17-2015 03:55 PM

(02-17-2015 03:23 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  There is a fine line between fresh and available. Mononucleosis, depending on the severity of the case, can be a bear to come back from.

Which is why he has been doing cardio work!

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - fallsdog - 02-17-2015 07:02 PM

(02-17-2015 03:55 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 03:23 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  There is a fine line between fresh and available. Mononucleosis, depending on the severity of the case, can be a bear to come back from.

Which is why he has been doing cardio work!

Good news. As fellow flash mmucha would say....04-rock

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - mmucha - 02-17-2015 07:25 PM

thanks fallsdog :)

i am looking past ball state. i shouldn't, but i am. i hope the players are not like me.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - anti-zip - 02-17-2015 11:59 PM

Easiest opponent left on our schedule and it's at home. No excuse for anything but a W.

I noticed the MAC moved up to 10th in the Rpi. That's the highest I can remember us being this late. 6 teamsare in the top 100. Bg is highest at 56 so getting two bids is still unlikely. Whoever makes it should have a respectable resume though.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - thanksjim - 02-18-2015 10:50 AM

(02-17-2015 11:59 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Easiest opponent left on our schedule and it's at home. No excuse for anything but a W.

I noticed the MAC moved up to 10th in the Rpi. That's the highest I can remember us being this late. 6 teamsare in the top 100. Bg is highest at 56 so getting two bids is still unlikely. Whoever makes it should have a respectable resume though.

Don't get too far ahead yourselves. Back in 2008 KSU was crusing through conference play, when lowly BSU came to town and they needed a miraculous comeback and OT to pull out the W.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - GFlash68 - 02-18-2015 01:36 PM

We are not good enough to look past this opponent. If we do, we lose.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - fallsdog - 02-18-2015 01:51 PM

(02-18-2015 10:50 AM)thanksjim Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 11:59 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Easiest opponent left on our schedule and it's at home. No excuse for anything but a W.

Don't get too far ahead yourselves. Back in 2008 KSU was crusing through conference play, when lowly BSU came to town and they needed a miraculous comeback and OT to pull out the W.

Yes. Bill Needle was on the call. It was a Wednesday night if I remember. Somehow KSU, Sherman I think, stole an inbounds and scored to tie it up. Needle was like "Sherman stole the ball! Sherman stole the ball!" ala the Boston Celtics when Havlicek stole the ball.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - dannyb73 - 02-18-2015 03:35 PM

We have lost plenty of "sure things" over the years which tells you what all of us know already, there is no sure thing. Play tonight like it's for a championship and we should prevail. Sleepwalk through the game and we could pay the price.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - joepa66 - 02-18-2015 04:58 PM

At this point of the season it's one game at a time and like it's a one game season! Can't look past anybody now because we need to take care of our own business. I will be there.....

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - mmucha - 02-18-2015 06:18 PM

45 min till tip!
GO FLASHES!! 04-rock

would luv to see dev manley get hot tonight :)

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - axeme - 02-18-2015 09:14 PM

I like seeing Akbar play so solidly. Bodes well for the future. Took care of business!

And Akron and BG lose at home. That's a great night!

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - dannyb73 - 02-18-2015 09:14 PM

A pretty good night. KSU wins, BG and Akron lose. Tied for 1st and I believe we would be the #1 seed if the season ended today.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - axeme - 02-18-2015 09:19 PM

Correct!

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - burden - 02-18-2015 09:52 PM

Akbar woke us up in the second half. We were trying to lose tonight. He got us going. Miami beating BG at BG was a surprise. We better be ready for our trip to Oxford.

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - dannyb73 - 02-18-2015 09:56 PM

(02-18-2015 09:52 PM)burden Wrote:  Akbar woke us up in the second half. We were trying to lose tonight. He got us going. Miami beating BG at BG was a surprise. We better be ready for our trip to Oxford.

We better be ready for our trip to Athens first. BTW - for anyone not paying attention Dev Manley has pumped in 17 or more points in 5 straight games. 04-cheers

RE: Ball State @ Kent State - anti-zip - 02-18-2015 10:53 PM

That was ugly basketball, but a W is a W. Gritty effort for sure. Great first half by Spicer, he kind of disappeared in the second half. Love seeing Ortiz backing people down. Loved the energy Akbar provided tonight. Typical big shots from Dev. If I'm not mistaken Dev's now 41 3's behind Randal Holt for Kent's career mark for 3 pt makes. Still a long shot to reach that record, but at least there's a chance.

I like to tell my friends that when you go to a MAC game you have a chance to see something you've never seen before... from the refs. I've never seen a player switch from attempting a jump shot to dribbling while in mid air, and not get called for a violation. That one was so blatantly terrible it was actually comical.

It'd be really nice to have Hall back for the game in Athens. That's always a tough place to play and Maurice N'dour is a beast.

Just read that Devon Andrews scored a career high 39 points last night and his team is still undefeated. Also, read yesterday that Jalen Avery recently set his school's record with 20 assists in a game. I'm really excited about next year's recruiting class.