CSNbbs
For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF (/thread-726840.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - FenderCat - 02-12-2015 07:54 PM

In the next three years. We need to be back. It'd be a nice sparkle to that new conference we'll be sitting in.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - chatcat - 02-12-2015 08:28 PM

(02-12-2015 07:54 PM)FenderCat Wrote:  In the next three years. We need to be back. It'd be a nice sparkle to that new conference we'll be sitting in.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - JackieTreehorn - 02-12-2015 08:41 PM

Sounds like like someone trying to channel Duane.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - eastside cat - 02-12-2015 09:49 PM

I'm with you dude, just pass me the joint. I want to believe that so badly.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Dannyboy - 02-12-2015 09:50 PM

Mick can coach guys up, he's been doing it for years. But talent is something you're born with and experience is something you acquire. A little more of both and who knows, maybe we could make a run in a few years.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - jarr - 02-12-2015 10:21 PM

Unless Thon Maker is coming through that door I don't see it. Anymore, if you don 'tt have NBA type talent, you aren't going deep in march. You can only get so far with a bunch of gritty role players. We shall see

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - CincyCatz1224 - 02-12-2015 10:29 PM

Every year since 1979, except for one, there's been at least one McDonald's All-American on the national champion's roster. All but six of those teams had more than one McDonald's All-American on the roster. Doesn't mean a final four is impossible though.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - InspectorHound - 02-12-2015 10:45 PM

If Butler, Wichita St., George Mason can do it...

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - cincy11 - 02-13-2015 12:32 AM

(02-12-2015 07:54 PM)FenderCat Wrote:  In the next three years. We need to be back. It'd be a nice sparkle to that new conference we'll be sitting in.

I'm with you, Fender.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Ring of Black - 02-13-2015 06:42 AM

Great post, but, on this board, I figured you would see responses like the first few.

We have a freshman, two sophomores and a junior in the starting five. I would hardly write us in stone, but your expectation is not unreasonable, as far as I am concerned.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - eastside cat - 02-13-2015 06:58 AM

I have been excited about this team since the beginning of the season. Actually, gone better than I hoped with only one senior.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - CliftonAve - 02-13-2015 07:11 AM

One common trait of the underdog teams (teams w/out elite talent)that make a run to the Four Four are that they are loaded with a bunch of 4th and 5th year players. Experience often trumps talent at this level but not always.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Overrated - 02-13-2015 07:20 AM

If Ellis was only a sophomore, I would think our team in 2 years would have a great chance at being one of the top 5-10 teams in the country and a legitimate final four contender. Unfortunately that isn't the case. I still think we will be really good next year, but the following year we will have to replace a really important piece and we don't know who that replacement will be yet.

I do feel like after a few down years of recruiting, it has stepped up quite a bit over the last few years which bodes really well for the future.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Ring of Black - 02-13-2015 08:05 AM

Great point Overrated (as always). Ellis is the kind of player, where, Mick is fortunate to have one on the team, let alone have one waiting in the wings. IMO, Ellis also happens to have a very good backup, that is also, unfortunately, in the same class.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - CincyBro - 02-13-2015 09:00 AM

(02-12-2015 10:45 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  If Butler, Wichita St., George Mason can do it...

So UC is now categorized with Butler, Wichita St. and George Mason, wow.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Coopdaddy67 - 02-13-2015 09:01 AM

(02-13-2015 09:00 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  So UC is now regulated with Butler, Wichita St. and George Mason, wow.

It was more if they can do it, anyone can.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Ash_UCATS - 02-13-2015 09:04 AM

I am very high on next year's team. Most everyone back from this year. Troy and Gary should be really good with that extra year under their belts. Plus, Evans has a reputation as a good outside shooter something this year's team could use. I can't wait.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Cat-Man - 02-13-2015 09:37 AM

(02-12-2015 09:50 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Mick can coach guys up, he's been doing it for years.

01-wingedeagle

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - Dannyboy - 02-13-2015 09:50 AM

(02-13-2015 09:37 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 09:50 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Mick can coach guys up, he's been doing it for years.

01-wingedeagle

His teams are filled with plucky overachievers. He gets guys to hustle and play D like their life depends on it. It's the definition of coaching guys up.

RE: For the first time I'm believing Mick will get the Cats to a FF - indycat - 02-13-2015 10:21 AM

As much as I'd hope to see it, I'm skeptical. This is not an indictment of Coach Cronin either. He's done a fine job building teams that can grind out enough wins with their lock down defense to earn consecutive NCAA bids. I just don't think these are the kind of teams built for long runs in March.

Pitt's very best teams this past decade followed a similar course--tough (and in their case), often highly ranked in the regular season that struggled to make a splash in the NCAA tournament. Most teams step it up defensively come tournament time; to have a competitive advantage there ultimately must be several reliable scorers on the floor who can deliver double digit performances nightly.