CSNbbs
Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” (/thread-726163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - EagleRockCafe - 02-07-2015 12:05 PM

[Image: a9pdlw.jpg]

Not an existential threat. Not like they want to destroy us or take over the world or anything…

In a week where ISIS burns people alive, and an American woman hostage has likely been killed, where is Susan Rice’s focus? On letting more terrorists out, by closing Guantanamo.

Quote:Susan Rice pushed back on critics of President Obama’s foreign policy Friday as she unveiled the White House’s new national security strategy.

Rice, the White House’s national security adviser, said in a speech at the Brookings Institution that the nation is “stronger than we have been in a very long time” despite the bitter debates raging in Washington.

“Too often, what’s missing here in Washington is a sense of perspective. Yes, there is a lot going on. Still, while the dangers we face may be more numerous and varied, they are not of the existential nature we confronted during World War II or during the Cold War,” Rice said.

Rice mounted a defense of the administration’s foreign policy, arguing officials have made progress on closing the Guantánamo Bay detention facility. “We reduced the population at Gitmo by half and we mean to keep going.”

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/232023-susan-rice-us-not-facing-existential-threats

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - UCGrad1992 - 02-07-2015 12:27 PM

Let the rest of the world deal with the ISIS problem. Keep releasing terrorists from prison. Continue negotiating with Iran for implementing its nuclear program. Maintain that the US/Mexican border is secure. National Security Adviser my _ss!

Quote:"The president has two years left. Two years is plenty of time. This national security strategy is a blueprint for what we intend to get done in the next two years," she said.

Dear Lord! Just wait and see what else happens with our "national security strategy" before it is all said and done.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - stinkfist - 02-07-2015 01:16 PM

(02-07-2015 12:27 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Let the rest of the world deal with the ISIS problem. Keep releasing terrorists from prison. Continue negotiating with Iran for implementing its nuclear program. Maintain that the US/Mexican border is secure. National Security Adviser my _ss!

Quote:"The president has two years left. Two years is plenty of time. This national security strategy is a blueprint for what we intend to get done in the next two years," she said.

Dear Lord! Just wait and see what else happens with our "national security strategy" before it is all said and done.

this one is a 'no-brainer'.....

either wipe 'em out viking style (b/c we can) or let those fkrs duke it out.....

anything else regarding combating isis, isil, is (whatever the fk they are) is a waste of time....

the rest of your post is just 'rant'....

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - UConn-SMU - 02-07-2015 04:08 PM

It's not an existential threat until Iran gets the bomb.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - No Bull - 02-07-2015 05:44 PM

(02-07-2015 12:05 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: a9pdlw.jpg]

Not an existential threat. Not like they want to destroy us or take over the world or anything…

In a week where ISIS burns people alive, and an American woman hostage has likely been killed, where is Susan Rice’s focus? On letting more terrorists out, by closing Guantanamo.

Quote:Susan Rice pushed back on critics of President Obama’s foreign policy Friday as she unveiled the White House’s new national security strategy.

Rice, the White House’s national security adviser, said in a speech at the Brookings Institution that the nation is “stronger than we have been in a very long time” despite the bitter debates raging in Washington.

“Too often, what’s missing here in Washington is a sense of perspective. Yes, there is a lot going on. Still, while the dangers we face may be more numerous and varied, they are not of the existential nature we confronted during World War II or during the Cold War,” Rice said.

Rice mounted a defense of the administration’s foreign policy, arguing officials have made progress on closing the Guantánamo Bay detention facility. “We reduced the population at Gitmo by half and we mean to keep going.”

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/232023-susan-rice-us-not-facing-existential-threats

She has a terrific mustache. She is fundamentally wrong on ever issue and a liar to boot. The perfect national security advisor for our atheist president.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - smn1256 - 02-07-2015 09:22 PM

(02-07-2015 05:44 PM)No Bull Wrote:  She has a terrific mustache.

I don't know why, I really don't and I can't figure it out, but I find her attractive even with all the liberal personality flaws.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - Owl 69/70/75 - 02-07-2015 10:25 PM

(02-07-2015 09:22 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 05:44 PM)No Bull Wrote:  She has a terrific mustache.
I don't know why, I really don't and I can't figure it out, but I find her attractive even with all the liberal personality flaws.

I don't find lying *itches attractive, ever.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - VA49er - 02-08-2015 06:05 AM

[Image: ostrich-head-in-sand.gif]

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - QuestionSocratic - 02-08-2015 08:35 AM

America's existential threat

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - UConn-SMU - 02-08-2015 10:11 AM

This administration will never, ever see radical Islam as a threat. They see Israel as a greater impediment to whirled peas.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - QuestionSocratic - 02-08-2015 10:22 AM

(02-08-2015 10:11 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  This administration will never, ever see radical Islam as a threat. They see Israel as a greater impediment to whirled peas.

Very clever on many levels.04-cheers

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - NIU007 - 02-08-2015 12:12 PM

They aren't an existential threat to the U.S. They are a threat though, it seems. They may be an existential threat to Israel.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - HeartOfDixie - 02-08-2015 12:14 PM

She is right here. So, Ms. Rice is now 1-678.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - UCF08 - 02-08-2015 12:20 PM

I don't think many posters here understand what an 'existential threat' is if they think she's wrong.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - TheDancinMonarch - 02-08-2015 12:37 PM

One of the greatest threats to the US is that Susan Rice is the National Security advisor. 04-jawdrop

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - smn1256 - 02-08-2015 12:55 PM

(02-08-2015 12:37 PM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  One of the greatest threats to the US is that Susan Rice is the National Security advisor. 04-jawdrop

Here is one of the greatest threats to national security.

Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - South Carolina Duke - 02-08-2015 12:57 PM

She looks like Eric Holder in drag. Oh and yeah she's completely credible.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - Cletus - 02-08-2015 01:07 PM

Maybe not "wrong".

But certainly naive.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - UCF08 - 02-08-2015 01:51 PM

To be an existential threat, they have to have the ability to carry out the threats they make.

RE: Susan Rice: U.S. Not Facing “Existential Threats” - QuestionSocratic - 02-08-2015 02:52 PM

(02-08-2015 01:51 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  To be an existential threat, they have to have the ability to carry out the threats they make.

So we should wait until they have those abilities? Aren't the policies and actions to achieve those abilities sufficient reasons to recognize the threat?