CSNbbs
Tiger basketball in is danger - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Tiger basketball in is danger (/thread-725559.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Tiger basketball in is danger - tigers1125 - 02-03-2015 12:16 AM

Of losing a whole generation of basketball fans to the Grizz. Just watched another amazing comeback by the Grit and Grind, never say die TEAM. the younger crowd is already gravitating to the NBA side and their children will follow them.

Personally, I would take an 0-82 season by the Grizz if it meant Elite 8 run by Tigers but I'm sure I'm in minority. Had season tickets to BOTH for five or so years and my daughter and friends used the Grizz most of time because I worked many hours. But I never missed a Tiger game.

But the Grizz are capable of winning it all, have lovable characters like Tony and ZBo, a likeable young coach and they play their ass off. The show they put on is very good too. Media coverage has really swung over to Grizz also.

This is a critical time for Tigers to step up. I love my Tigers and really like the Grizz but don't think Memphis will sell out or provide the needed financial support for both teams over the long haul. Grizz suffered for a while and unless things change, the Tigers will too. But we can not afford it like an NBA team can.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - MemTiger90 - 02-03-2015 12:20 AM

Real talk.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - UofMemphis - 02-03-2015 12:26 AM

Somebody's fishing...

[Image: fishing-image.jpg]

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - Ramen_Tiger - 02-03-2015 12:32 AM

Lame thread

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - tigers1125 - 02-03-2015 12:33 AM

(02-03-2015 12:26 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Somebody's fishing...

No fishing too it. This is reality and it concerns me that our leadership is going to let it happen.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - UofMemphis - 02-03-2015 12:35 AM

(02-03-2015 12:33 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 12:26 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Somebody's fishing...

No fishing too it. This is reality and it concerns me that our leadership is going to let it happen.

you need better bait...

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - OneShiningMoment - 02-03-2015 12:47 AM

(02-03-2015 12:16 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  Tiger basketball in is danger

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - jsw3ent - 02-03-2015 01:00 AM

(02-03-2015 12:16 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  Of losing a whole generation of basketball fans to the Grizz. Just watched another amazing comeback by the Grit and Grind, never say die TEAM. the younger crowd is already gravitating to the NBA side and their children will follow them.

Personally, I would take an 0-82 season by the Grizz if it meant Elite 8 run by Tigers but I'm sure I'm in minority. Had season tickets to BOTH for five or so years and my daughter and friends used the Grizz most of time because I worked many hours. But I never missed a Tiger game.

But the Grizz are capable of winning it all, have lovable characters like Tony and ZBo, a likeable young coach and they play their ass off. The show they put on is very good too. Media coverage has really swung over to Grizz also.

This is a critical time for Tigers to step up. I love my Tigers and really like the Grizz but don't think Memphis will sell out or provide the needed financial support for both teams over the long haul. Grizz suffered for a while and unless things change, the Tigers will too. But we can not afford it like an NBA team can.

All true.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - MGR - 02-03-2015 01:04 AM

Please......everybody loves to follow a winner.

When we are a solid team again with a good home schedule, people will come watch and be excited.

With basketball, unlike football, that can happen very quickly. I'm not sure that it will for us without going in a different direction, but that is a different discussion.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - Tiger Greg - 02-03-2015 01:06 AM

apples/oranges
As soon as the Grizz start finishing out of the playoffs no will care. That's just life in the big chitty.
The Tigers are currently tied for third in the American with a chance to finish with a flourish that will blow away all of the negative BS that's been flying around.

Like those old Grizz towels that were given away at the miniscule crowds when they were losers,
BELIEVE!

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - snowtiger - 02-03-2015 01:10 AM

(02-03-2015 12:47 AM)OneShiningMoment Wrote:  

Human mind in is danger. Mine saw is in till you pointed to it and I'm an editor. lol

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - BigTigerMike - 02-03-2015 01:50 AM

When the Tigers make a run, whether it's by this coach or the the next coach, this year or somewhere down the road, the car flags will be everywhere, the signs at the businesses will be up and talk will be everywhere. The bb program is deeply embedded into this city. There is enough people in the Hoop City and surrounding area that can't get enough of basketball be it highschool, college or the pro's

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - tigers1125 - 02-03-2015 01:52 AM

(02-03-2015 01:04 AM)MGR Wrote:  Please......everybody loves to follow a winner.

When we are a solid team again with a good home schedule, people will come watch and be excited.

With basketball, unlike football, that can happen very quickly. I'm not sure that it will for us without going in a different direction, but that is a different discussion.

SEC football is actually an earlier example of what I'm referring to. We lost all unaffiliated or casual fans in 70s and 80s and have never recovered. More extreme granted but somewhat similar.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - tigers1125 - 02-03-2015 01:53 AM

(02-03-2015 01:10 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Human mind in is danger. Mine saw is in till you pointed to it and I'm an editor. lol

Is this post an auto correct error or am I missing something? Can't make any sense of it.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - snowtiger - 02-03-2015 02:32 AM

(02-03-2015 01:53 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  

Is this post an auto correct error or am I missing something? Can't make any sense of it.

04-cheers
is in
in is

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - AmazingTigerMan - 02-03-2015 07:18 AM

(02-03-2015 02:32 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 01:53 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  

04-cheers
is in
in is

Um, I actually understood the first sentence. I'm still working on the second.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - Latilleon - 02-03-2015 07:57 AM

Wow...

Yet another Grizz vs. Tigers thread.

So why didn't we ever have the "Grizzlies put Memphis rasslin' out of business" threads?

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - RCM1029 - 02-03-2015 09:37 AM

(02-03-2015 01:06 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  apples/oranges
As soon as the Grizz start finishing out of the playoffs no will care. That's just life in the big chitty.
The Tigers are currently tied for third in the American with a chance to finish with a flourish that will blow away all of the negative BS that's been flying around.

Like those old Grizz towels that were given away at the miniscule crowds when they were losers,
BELIEVE!

I think that's an apples/apples comparison. When the Grizzlies are good (and they are) people show up and support the team and show their colors around town. When the Tigers are good, people show up, support the team and wear their colors around town. When either or both are not good, they suffer.

Fans are finicky creatures.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - 2tigers - 02-03-2015 09:42 AM

(02-03-2015 12:16 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  Of losing a whole generation of basketball fans to the Grizz. Just watched another amazing comeback by the Grit and Grind, never say die TEAM. the younger crowd is already gravitating to the NBA side and their children will follow them.

The Grizz are winning now so what will all the fans do when they stop winning like the Lakers,Celtics,Knicks,Heat and 76ers. It will happen as soon as some the players leave as a free agent for more money or retire. When this happens the fans will leave in droves like the have the Tigers. The Tigers were here way before the Grizzlies and will be here forever but the Grizzlies could be sold and gone one day. It is so easy to support a winner. I remember when the Grizzlies weren't drawing many fans either when they were loosing and that day will come again. NBA owners do not like loosing money and many teams have left because of that. So be careful what you say about NBA teams can afford it. So go support the Grizzlies while they are winning. I will be at the Tiger games win or loose like a real fan.

RE: Tiger basketball in is danger - RCM1029 - 02-03-2015 09:46 AM

Here we go.