CSNbbs
Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal (/thread-725188.html)

Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - FlashPan - 01-30-2015 11:23 AM

I have been in discussion with my cable provider about WATCHESPN. Seems they are telling me that I have to have both cable and internet service to get WATCHESPN. Well, I only have cable with that company. Now... my internet provider which is different than the cable provider tells me that I have to have TV service with them to get WATCHESPN. To me the deal with WATCHESPN has caused many of us to be left out in the cold with ths ESPN deal. I also complained to ESPN and they were no help. They kept telling me that my cable provider was not on their list and I kept telling them that it was.... I had their web site in front of me during the discussion and it's on their list, believe me. Nothing on their site that says I have to have internet service with the TV provider. I asked to talk to someone higher above in rank and they refused my request.

So the bottom line is many of us Kent fans and other MAC skools are left out of this deal unless the policies change regarding who can log into the WATCHESPN services. I realize that many of you other fans probably can log in with no issues but for the rest of us this is not helping us fans see away games or games on phone when we can't be there in person.

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - TinManJoshua - 01-30-2015 12:24 PM

I don't have cable at all, I use a relative's cable login for WatchESPN. Having said that, nothing has changed for me, except that I can watch the games that would've been blacked out on TWCSC.

It's frustrating because the web feed for home games is a borderline disaster(though conference games have been MUCH better).

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - FunkmasterFlash - 01-30-2015 06:18 PM

I found I got a MUCH better feed and production in the mid to late 00s when I had to pay something b/t $10-20 a year (don't remember the exact number) for streaming video. I'd gladly pay KSU that much than put up with the ****** feeds from ESPN3. It's so bad I don't even try anymore, I just listen to Ty on I Heart Radio.

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - flash77 - 01-30-2015 08:56 PM

I watch ESPN3 on my son's Xbox. This may be a solution if you have one, and you can wrestle it away from your kids. Also, I don't know if you would encounter the same issue among the different providers.

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - pono - 02-02-2015 02:09 AM

my provider also requires a cable tv bundle to get the espn3 and watch programming which is over $100. however, when i cut off the tv and kept the internet the espn3 kept working, ssshhh.

dish and direct tv are moving into finally doing ala carte service where you can choose channels you want and not have to pay for 300 channels just to get espnu

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - FlashPan - 02-02-2015 10:43 AM

I sent an e-mail to the MAC Men's Basketball rep. No response. Also the commissioner of the MAC apparently doesn't want to be contacted. No e-mail address listed on the staff page web site. Everybody else on the page has a listed e-mail. Go figure.

I'm sure they don't care. I don't think there is anyway ur going to crack one of the devices open to watch unless you meet some criteria including an X-box. Last year a fan could go to the MAC site and watch just about any BB game live with no attachments. This is not a better deal for MAC fans.

RE: Not Happy With WATCHESPN Deal - Slinkin Street Flash - 02-05-2015 11:18 AM

They orta include a clause in the ESPN contract where you can get any broadcast for a school's games from the school's website. I don't have cable, so a lot of times if a game's on ESPN, I can't watch it.