CSNbbs
Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. (/thread-724969.html)

Pages: 1 2

Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - BamaScorpio69 - 01-28-2015 09:35 PM

Almost brought a tear to my eye.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - TerryD - 01-28-2015 10:34 PM

Jerrian Grant told them not to and stopped them.

No joke.

Not a bad cap on the evening after 23 points, 6 assists and 2 blocks.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Hank Schrader - 01-29-2015 07:22 AM

I don't get why people don't like when kids storm the court. It's college basketball its supposed to be fun.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - CardFan1 - 01-29-2015 07:53 AM

(01-29-2015 07:22 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  I don't get why people don't like when kids storm the court. It's college basketball its supposed to be fun.

Usually it's the Grownups that storm the Court though !03-lmfao

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Captain Bearcat - 01-29-2015 08:50 AM

Of course they didn't rush the court. Notre Dame has been there before. In the past few years they've had home wins against:
This year - #19 Michigan State
2013-2014 - #7 Duke
2012-2013 - #8 Kentucky, #11 Louisville (in 5 OT)
2011-2012 - #1 Syracuse, #15 Marquette, #22 Pitt
2010-2011 - #8 UConn, #9 Georgetown, #16 Louisville (OT), #19 Villanova, #25 Cincinnati

Also, I seem to remember they had about a 2-year undefeated streak at home not too far back. What was that exactly?

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Hank Schrader - 01-29-2015 09:17 AM

(01-29-2015 08:50 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Of course they didn't rush the court. Notre Dame has been there before. In the past few years they've had home wins against:
2013-2014 - #7 Duke
2010-2011 - #8 UConn, #9 Georgetown, #16 Louisville (OT), #19 Villanova, #25 Cincinnati

Also, I seem to remember they had about a 2-year undefeated streak at home not too far back. What was that exactly?

I guess they got all their court storming out when the stormed for Kentucky, Louisville and Syracuse.

Also ND went 48 home games straight without losing to anyone but UConn. UConn snapped the original 45 game home win streak 09, then snapped the 29 game home win streak, then snapped the 17 game home win streak in 2013. I had forgotten all about that. I don't know how those Notre Dame teams didn't do more damage in March.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/bigeast/2013/01/12/uconn-notre-dame-final-score/1829115/

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Captain Bearcat - 01-29-2015 09:30 AM

(01-29-2015 09:17 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 08:50 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Of course they didn't rush the court. Notre Dame has been there before. In the past few years they've had home wins against:
2013-2014 - #7 Duke

I guess they got all their court storming out when the stormed for Kentucky, Louisville and Syracuse.

Also ND went 48 home games straight without losing to anyone but UConn. UConn snapped the original 45 game home win streak 09, then snapped the 29 game home win streak, then snapped the 17 game home win streak in 2013. I had forgotten all about that. I don't know how those Notre Dame teams didn't do more damage in March.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/bigeast/2013/01/12/uconn-notre-dame-final-score/1829115/

Because as good as they were at home, they were mediocre on the road. For example in 2011/12, they went 21-1 at home and 6-11 in road/neutral games.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - uccheese - 01-29-2015 09:55 AM

Sports are supposed to be fun.

LOL, I see Hank covered this. Ya, people need to get over it and let people enjoy the event.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - BewareThePhog - 01-29-2015 10:00 AM

I'm just waiting for the day when some kid who chides people for not letting him "have his fun", and resists and/or circumvents attempts by a school to prevent court storming storms the court, gets hurt in the process - and then turns around and sues the school. 07-coffee3

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - uccheese - 01-29-2015 10:24 AM

(01-29-2015 10:00 AM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  I'm just waiting for the day when some kid who chides people for not letting him "have his fun", and resists and/or circumvents attempts by a school to prevent court storming storms the court, gets hurt in the process - and then turns around and sues the school. 07-coffee3

If the lawyers win with scare tactics like that, it's one thing. I get it from a liability standpoint. The thing that drives me crazy is people that thing it's OK in a HUGE upset or if your team has never done it and not OK other times. Either we outlaw it because of lawyers or we don't and let people have fun whenever they want against any opponent. I don't care if Kentucky storms the floor for beating South Carolina. Have fun, come to the next game, grow the sport.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - ohio1317 - 01-29-2015 10:51 AM

I don't care if there is risks, storming the field/court is a good tradition I hope remains. That said, it's overdone.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - ken d - 01-29-2015 11:03 AM

As a fan, I would want my team to be good enough that opposing teams fans want to storm the court when they beat us. If our fans want to storm the court, they are kind of saying they view the other team as superior to ours. I don't think the Notre Dame players feel that way, at least not this year.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - uccheese - 01-29-2015 11:38 AM

(01-29-2015 11:03 AM)ken d Wrote:  As a fan, I would want my team to be good enough that opposing teams fans want to storm they court when they beat us. If our fans want to storm the court, they are kind of saying they view the other team as superior to ours. I don't think the Notre Dame players feel that way, at least not this year.

Or they are saying running out there to celebrate with fans and players seems like more fun than going home immediately.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - BewareThePhog - 01-29-2015 12:35 PM

(01-29-2015 11:03 AM)ken d Wrote:  As a fan, I would want my team to be good enough that opposing teams fans want to storm they court when they beat us. If our fans want to storm the court, they are kind of saying they view the other team as superior to ours. I don't think the Notre Dame players feel that way, at least not this year.
A few years ago, some KU fans rushed the court at Allen Fieldhouse after a basketball game, and got soundly booed by the majority of our fans in attendance.

(That reaction doesn't happen when fans rush our field after football games.) 04-cheers

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Wedge - 01-29-2015 01:04 PM

Notre Dame is 20-2 this season. This wasn't a David vs. Goliath win. It's ok when a "David" storms the court. But otherwise, I'm reminded of a long-ago Monday Night Football game in which a Raiders rookie did a dance on the field after sacking the QB. When he walked back to the sideline, Art Shell (then still a player) told him, "Act like you've been here before."

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - TerryD - 01-29-2015 03:14 PM

Jerrian Grant told the crowd "This is no upset".

The crowd stayed put.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - BewareThePhog - 01-29-2015 03:56 PM

(01-29-2015 01:04 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

Notre Dame is 20-2 this season. This wasn't a David vs. Goliath win. It's ok when a "David" storms the court. But otherwise, I'm reminded of a long-ago Monday Night Football game in which a Raiders rookie did a dance on the field after sacking the QB. When he walked back to the sideline, Art Shell (then still a player) told him, "Act like you've been here before."
That's good advice in general, but few things are as ridiculous to me as a football player doing a personal celebration in a game where his team is getting its ass kicked, which seems to happen more and more.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - C2__ - 01-29-2015 07:07 PM

(01-29-2015 07:22 AM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  I don't get why people don't like when kids storm the court. It's college basketball its supposed to be fun.

Maybe because people get hurt. That happened at Stanford during the midst of their nearly undefeated regular season of 2004, when after a buzzer beater against Arizona a student jumped on top of a fan toppled over in their chair, crushing her legs in the process (the wife of a notable Stanford alum I might add). And that's just one example.

While it can certainly bring fun and joy to the whole experience, it can easily be as dangerous as a Black Friday rush as the doors open.

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - CardinalJim - 01-30-2015 03:43 AM

We have never stormed the court. That's a tradition at Louisville. Ours is an older crowd. None of the silly jumping up and down, chanting or other antics. Our crowd has been known to give visiting players standing ovations for outstanding play.

With that being said, if it's not a tradition at your school to act like you have been there, have at it, storm away. I actually take it as a compliment when a team beats us and storms the court or field.

UVa beat us in football this year and stormed the field. We weren't even ranked in Top 20. It looked good on ESPN though.
CJ

RE: Good to see ND fans not rush the court after beating Duke tonight. - Hank Schrader - 01-30-2015 07:23 AM

(01-30-2015 03:43 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  We have never stormed the court. That's a tradition at Louisville. Ours is an older crowd. None of the silly jumping up and down, chanting or other antics. Our crowd has been known to give visiting players standing ovations for outstanding play.

With that being said, if it's not a tradition at your school to act like you have been there, have at it, storm away. I actually take it as a compliment when a team beats us and storms the court or field.

UVa beat us in football this year and stormed the field. We weren't even ranked in Top 20. It looked good on ESPN though.
CJ

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/2/21/5433662/the-first-68-everybody-court-storms

"Cardinal fans will argue this, but the fans wound up on the court after U of L knocked off No. 1 Syracuse in the final game at Freedom Hall back in 2010. After initially ignoring some player pleas for them to storm the court (you can see it near the end of this video), a large enough group of Louisville students made their way onto the floor and hoisted seniors Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith onto their shoulders. The win locked up an NCAA Tournament bid for an up-and-down Cardinal team that was ultimately bounced by Cal in the Round of 64."

[attachment=6537]