CSNbbs
Have any players complained about our coaching? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Have any players complained about our coaching? (/thread-724762.html)

Pages: 1 2

Have any players complained about our coaching? - tigerjaws - 01-27-2015 04:24 AM

Just wondered.

If so, what did the player(s) actually say about JP and his staff?

Memphis fans seem just a tad critical.

I met with a young man who is in the "physical fitness" area for the team...great guy.

Also, how does JP's W-L record compare with that of other young coaches starting their coaching careers?

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - tiger2000 - 01-27-2015 08:26 AM

They said Josh's electric slide was much better than his wobble but that his jookin' ain't much to see.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - tigeriron - 01-27-2015 08:31 AM

haha

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - DallasTiger - 01-27-2015 09:17 AM

I know to some, having student atheletes who are actually good students is pretty far fetched and to some totally irrelevant. But I did find this information on the mens basketball program.

Men’s Basketball 2011-12 Academic Highlights

Men’s Basketball received the NCAA Public Recognition Award for the 3rd consecutive year. The list honors teams that posted a multi-year APR in the top 10 percent of all squads in each sport across the nation.

The Men's Basketball Academic Performance Rate for 2011-12 was a perfect 1000.

The team posted its highest semester GPA (2.871) in program history.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - eastcoastDave - 01-27-2015 09:53 AM

(01-27-2015 09:17 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I know to some, having student atheletes who are actually good students is pretty far fetched and to some totally irrelevant. But I did find this information on the mens basketball program.

Men’s Basketball received the NCAA Public Recognition Award for the 3rd consecutive year. The list honors teams that posted a multi-year APR in the top 10 percent of all squads in each sport across the nation.

And that's something to celebrate. Something BIG to celebrate. Some recruits won't come to Memphis because they would prefer to go to a school like U of KY where they can play one year and go pro. Going to class, studying and graduating should be a big deal to any parent of a kid who is a good athlete but outside the realm of sure NBA superstar. A lot of folks on this board who bash the school, the program or Pastner seem to forget about this very big academic detail. My hat's off to any kid who plays basketball and still maintains the ability to maintain a B average in class.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Grateful Tiger - 01-27-2015 09:56 AM

(01-27-2015 04:24 AM)tigerjaws Wrote:  Also, how does JP's W-L record compare with that of other young coaches starting their coaching careers?

After five seasons Josh was #7 for best Career Starts with 130 wins. To remain #7 after six seasons this team will have to win eight more times (with seven wins he will be tied at #7).

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2015 11:46 AM

2.871? Interdisciplinary studies is as hard as winning.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - TonyDaTiger - 01-27-2015 12:06 PM

(01-27-2015 09:17 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I know to some, having student atheletes who are actually good students is pretty far fetched and to some totally irrelevant. But I did find this information on the mens basketball program.

Can you help me? I'm having trouble finding the academic Top-25 rankings this week. I am thinking we can get a top-5 seed in the academic March Madness tournament if we keep it up.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2015 12:09 PM

(01-27-2015 12:06 PM)TonyDaTiger Wrote:  

Can you help me? I'm having trouble finding the academic Top-25 rankings this week. I am thinking we can get a top-5 seed in the academic March Madness tournament if we keep it up.

Lmao

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - HoopDreams - 01-27-2015 12:11 PM

(01-27-2015 04:24 AM)tigerjaws Wrote:  Just wondered.

If so, what did the player(s) actually say about JP and his staff?

Memphis fans seem just a tad critical.

I met with a young man who is in the "physical fitness" area for the team...great guy.

Also, how does JP's W-L record compare with that of other young coaches starting their coaching careers?

Current players or past players or the four who've left the team since the preseason?

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - HoopDreams - 01-27-2015 12:12 PM

(01-27-2015 12:09 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

Lmao

Hope we don't get the APR Final Four vacated because of interdisciplanary studies.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2015 12:15 PM

(01-27-2015 12:12 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  

Lmao

Hope we don't get the APR Final Four vacated because of interdisciplanary studies.

We will lose in the sweet 16 when we play a school with a tougher major.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - HoopDreams - 01-27-2015 12:19 PM

Just blame it on that ref from Knoxville.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - TonyDaTiger - 01-27-2015 12:20 PM

There's a kid at White Station we should be recruiting hard. He is a 5'10" center and only started playing rec basketball for his church team last fall, but he got a 35 on his ACT and wants to major in Chemical engineering. Could be a huge boost to our team.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - 450bench - 01-27-2015 12:21 PM

(01-27-2015 12:20 PM)TonyDaTiger Wrote:  There's a kid at White Station we should be recruiting hard. He is a 5'10" center and only started playing rec basketball for his church team last fall, but he got a 35 on his ACT and wants to major in Chemical engineering. Could be a huge boost to our team.

Well, Josh does like small ball.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - k2tigers - 01-27-2015 12:26 PM

(01-27-2015 12:20 PM)TonyDaTiger Wrote:  There's a kid at White Station we should be recruiting hard. He is a 5'10" center and only started playing rec basketball for his church team last fall, but he got a 35 on his ACT and wants to major in Chemical engineering. Could be a huge boost to our team.

he prolly wouldn't even have to look at the flash cards to know the plays

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - DallasTiger - 01-27-2015 12:29 PM

I guess the dumber they are the better you like them. Most players will not end up in the NBA, even good ones. Getting good grades is nothing to laugh at when you are talking about the rest of someones life AFTER playing college ball. I just remember most what my son in law told me who was in a top recruiting class for the TEXAS LONGHORN football program. After one year, half his recruiting class was not longer at UT. They had flunked out because to too much partying and cutting classes. Later on the Coach, David Mc Williams was fired. Coaches take good grades seriously as should anyone who realizes there is more to basketball and football them being an ignorant fool or the propensity to be college drop out.

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2015 12:56 PM

(01-27-2015 12:19 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  Just blame it on that ref from Knoxville.

Just him? I thought they all hated us according to boss man ?

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2015 12:57 PM

(01-27-2015 12:21 PM)450bench Wrote:  

Well, Josh does like small ball.

Can he guard the 3 spot better than Nick King?

RE: Have any players complained about our coaching? - SkilletTiger - 01-27-2015 12:57 PM

(01-27-2015 12:12 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  

Lmao

They can take our banner, but they can never take my shirt.

[Image: 28l56dt.jpg]