CSNbbs
Freddy Jackson - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Freddy Jackson (/thread-724510.html)

Freddy Jackson - Osprey#1 - 01-24-2015 11:12 PM

Any word on Freddy's condition?

RE: Freddy Jackson - B_Hawk06 - 01-24-2015 11:51 PM

(01-24-2015 11:12 PM)Osprey#1 Wrote:  Any word on Freddy's condition?

According to Coach Keatts, he hadn't talked to the trainer yet and was unsure. Hopefully it wasn't as serious as it looked. We're going to need him as healthy as possible down the stretch.

RE: Freddy Jackson - billthebighawksfan - 01-25-2015 12:29 AM

On replay it didn't look that bad from what I saw. He turned it bad the other day. It's obviously affecting him but he's so important to what we do. My feeling from what I saw was that he tweaked it so he may be a game time decision the next go around. Most of us have played some ball and we ALL know the deal. It's mostly a pain tolerance type of thing but in Freddie's case, it hurts his game. He can't get to the cup. AND that hurts him and us-his driving ability to create easy buckets sets up his whole game- BUT others stepped up. His 3 balls were close and him being in there was important. Without him and Talley out there,the press isn't as effective. Let's wait and see. The problem is that we need him for every game. He will be okay longer term. Remember, the regular season champ gets a NIT bid at the very least so if he can go, he will go. Guts and nuts boys...guts and nuts! Go Freaking Seahawks!!!

On an aside, I really don't think that the rest of the CAA realizes how rabid our fans are. Hoops in North Carolina is everything. My wife and my 2 sons were trying to keep me from going crazy at the end of this game. It's always been this way. Seahawk hoops is huge for the community and the fans. It showed tonight. Everybody was silent when he had to leave and it's a darn shame. Great player when healthy. It's a great thing for CP, Addison, CJ and especially Big Ced to step the heck up when needed. Malik may get some run now and he's got speed, at least for the next game. Regardless, the Hawks prevailed against a very determined Tiger team. Man, they have some big guys and that one left handed guy is a wizard!

RE: Freddy Jackson - Osprey#1 - 01-25-2015 08:45 AM

The fans really were rabid last night! I was sitting behind seven students who were body-painted bright pink with blue letters on their bellies spelling out "Seahawk"! Not sure about the color scheme, but man, it's nice to have the students back and into the Hawks again!

RE: Freddy Jackson - Seahawkfan716 - 01-25-2015 09:01 AM

I believe they went with pink because at the last minute, day before, they told the students it was going to be a pink out for cancer which is why they briefly announced for half where to buy the shirt. Obviously word didn't get around or we didn't care

RE: Freddy Jackson - solohawks - 01-25-2015 05:56 PM

(01-25-2015 09:01 AM)Seahawkfan716 Wrote:  I believe they went with pink because at the last minute, day before, they told the students it was going to be a pink out for cancer which is why they briefly announced for half where to buy the shirt. Obviously word didn't get around or we didn't care

The refs had pink whistles

RE: Freddy Jackson - jumpinmullet - 01-25-2015 09:43 PM

What happened with Jackson?He is having a very good year hate to see him get hurt now.