CSNbbs
QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin (/thread-723872.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - sportsfan - 01-19-2015 07:46 PM

Verbal commit to NIU as QB now in danger. Wisconsin wAnts him as a LB.
Said he make a decision soon.
It's in the Green Bay Press Gazette.
Not good.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - 7 - 01-19-2015 07:48 PM

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't take it.

Gonna need to recruit QBs hard next year.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - NIU05 - 01-19-2015 08:28 PM

(01-19-2015 07:46 PM)sportsfan Wrote:  Verbal commit to NIU as QB now in danger. Wisconsin wAnts him as a LB.
Not good.

Posted in the official verbal thread yesterday. QB possibility or a LB maybe at Wisc.doesn't appear to have LB body.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - prairiedawg - 01-19-2015 08:57 PM

(01-19-2015 08:28 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
(01-19-2015 07:46 PM)sportsfan Wrote:  Verbal commit to NIU as QB now in danger. Wisconsin wAnts him as a LB.
Not good.

Posted in the official verbal thread yesterday. QB possibility or a LB maybe at Wisc.doesn't appear to have LB body.

Doesn't he want to be a QB!?? Why in earth would he switch positions just because it is Wisconsin? I hope he sticks with the dawgs but this one is tough to call.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - niu79 - 01-19-2015 09:49 PM

I don't think the position they offer him is going to make a difference. Hard to compete with an offer from your home state P5 school. Edge also goes to Paul Chryst who has now offered him twice in the last two months.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - beachboy - 01-19-2015 10:00 PM

No surprise. Ingold will be under extreme pressure to sign with the Badgers. 99 out of 100 people he knows would urge him to go to UW rather than NIU. So it's up to you, Alec. Do you want to be a quarterback or a linebacker? NIU offers the right system for you. Make the right decision.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - NIU1981 - 01-19-2015 10:07 PM

I'm sure it will be a tough decision for him. Every kid in the state probably dreams of playing in Madison. On the other hand he could be a three year starter at QB here and run for 2,000 yards each year. He could end up being the all time leading rusher AND passer AND scorer here and go to multiple New Years Day bowls.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - DogPoundNorth - 01-19-2015 10:12 PM

(01-19-2015 10:07 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I'm sure it will be a tough decision for him. Every kid in the state probably dreams of playing in Madison. On the other hand he could be a three year starter at QB here and run for 2,000 yards each year. He could end up being the all time leading rusher AND passer AND scorer here and go to multiple New Years Day bowls.

That's some lofty goals for a kid we've never seen play. I get many think he will be the next Jordan Lynch, but a lot of people came into the NBA supposedly going to be the next MJ and they never panned out. But I sure would love to see him get a chance to show us what he can do, and I'd take him becoming the first Ingold.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - NIU1981 - 01-19-2015 10:25 PM

I said "could" not "will". He'll never know if he doesn't try.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - Djud - 01-19-2015 10:35 PM

(01-19-2015 10:07 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I'm sure it will be a tough decision for him. Every kid in the state probably dreams of playing in Madison. On the other hand he could be a three year starter at QB here and run for 2,000 yards each year. He could end up being the all time leading rusher AND passer AND scorer here and go to multiple New Years Day bowls.
He is a 17 or 18 year old kid. I don't understand the automatic assumption that this kid is the next Jordan Lynch. I too am impressed with his highlight film, but he, like every HS senior is unproven. I said it before, look at the highlight films of Root (I
know he is gone) Maddie, Ingold and Santacaterina; they are all impressive. Depending on the offensive scheme each may be the best option. Would it be great to have Ingold? Yes. But, we will move on without him. BTW we still have two years with a proven QB in Hare.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - huskie2379 - 01-20-2015 07:52 AM

He is going to Wisconsin . Heard from a source close to situation he wants to be there .

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - scottiep12 - 01-20-2015 08:30 AM

Gets very interesting at QB then.

You HAVE to find a stud in next year's class with he and Root bailing. We've now given ourselves no alternatives.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - HuskieJ - 01-20-2015 08:54 AM

He Gone. Oh well go on to the next guy who wants to be here. Not going to let a 17 year old kid ruin my day. Who knows he could have sucked really bad at the next level.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - RitzHuskie - 01-20-2015 09:01 AM

(01-20-2015 08:54 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  He Gone. Oh well go on to the next guy who wants to be here. Not going to let a 17 year old kid ruin my day. Who knows he could have sucked really bad at the next level.

Let's not jump to conclusions, I see nothing posted anywhere that he has made a decision yet one way or another.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - 7 - 01-20-2015 09:09 AM

(01-19-2015 08:57 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  
(01-19-2015 08:28 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
Not good.

Doesn't he want to be a QB!?? Why in earth would he switch positions just because it is Wisconsin? I hope he sticks with the dawgs but this one is tough to call.

Because he is a Wisconsin kid who has probably spent his entire life rooting for the Badgers and dream of going there?

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - HuskieJ - 01-20-2015 10:25 AM

Just let it go. Much more important things in life than thinking it is life or death to get this kid.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - BarsemaBone2 - 01-20-2015 10:28 AM

I don't think people fully grasp how much an offer to play football at UW means to kids from Wisconsin.

Unlike Illinois which holds all 5 professional sports teams on a much higher level of importance than any college sports team, Wisconsin holds the Badgers on a level of importance and reverence that is only eclipsed by the Packers. The Brewers and the Bucks are secondary when compared to UW.

Football players in Wisconsin revere UW on a much grander scale than football players in Illinois revere U of I. So when they get that offer to go play football in Madison for a team they've been following and rooting for most of their lives, they're gonna take it almost 100% of the time.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - Lord Stanley - 01-20-2015 10:36 AM

These type of decisions always make me a little sad for a kid. I want to shake them and say "Do you want to compete for a role at NIU, or do you want to ride the pine at UW for 5 years?"

In the most general terms no matter how darn good NIU is, we are not Wisconsin and he will not be competing against Badger level talent at NIU. He has so many more opportunities to succeed athletically at NIU than he would at Wisconsin.

Don't overthink this post. I understand every situation is different and things may turn out just for him at Wisconsin and he could have failed spectacularly at NIU. I just firmly believe too many kids of good but still marginal talent are blinded by the bright lights of Big Time Football and cannot see that they would have better playing opportunities at Almost Big Time Football, or even Not Big Time Football. I am speaking from experience, here.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - 7 - 01-20-2015 10:41 AM

I'm not really concerned with losing Root or Ingold specifically, but when you combine their defections along with Matt Williams and McIntosh moving to safety, the QB depth is a huge concern in a place you don't want to have depth issues.

2015:
Hare
Maddie
Graham
Santa

2016:
Hare
Maddie
Graham
Santa

2017:
Graham
Santa

You're a major Hare injury this year or next year away from riding with Maddie and Ryan Graham. And coming 2017 you only have two scholarship QBs, neither of which I think anyone here expects to be the guy. They need to recruit 3-4 QBs next year, one of which wouldn't hurt if it was a Juco.

Commit next year, redshirt the year after, compete for the starting job as a redshirt in 2017.

RE: QB Ingold Offered by Wisconsin - BarsemaBone2 - 01-20-2015 10:42 AM

(01-20-2015 10:36 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  These type of decisions always make me a little sad for a kid. I want to shake them and say "Do you want to compete for a role at NIU, or do you want to ride the pine at UW for 5 years?"

In the most general terms no matter how darn good NIU is, we are not Wisconsin and he will not be competing against Badger level talent at NIU. He has so many more opportunities to succeed athletically at NIU than he would at Wisconsin.

Don't overthink this post. I understand every situation is different and things may turn out just for him at Wisconsin and he could have failed spectacularly at NIU. I just firmly believe too many kids of good but still marginal talent are blinded by the bright lights of Big Time Football and cannot see that they would have better playing opportunities at Almost Big Time Football, or even Not Big Time Football. I am speaking from experience, here.

I'd honestly be more miffed if an Illinois kid dumped us for the Illini.

If it's a Wisconsin kid choosing the Badgers, a Minnesota kid going with the Gophers, or a Michigan kid hooking up with either the Wolverines or the Spartans, my reaction would be the same.

Meh.