CSNbbs
Luckiest team ever? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: Luckiest team ever? (/thread-723772.html)

Luckiest team ever? - Chipdip2 - 01-18-2015 06:36 PM

Seattle had NO BUSINESS being in that game let alone winning it. Their defense is good, their offense is garbage. I'm not a GB fan, but I think they'd have been a much better representative in the SB. Russell Wilson's weaknesses were shown today, and then GB decided to let off the gas and try and run out the clock.

The bobbled onside kick, the wounded duck pass on the 2 pt conversion. Just pure luck.

I could see Brady lighting them up.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - MajorHoople - 01-18-2015 06:43 PM

I am just sick.

Worse loss than to Giants in OT at Lambeau in '07.

And that's saying something.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - gobaseline - 01-18-2015 06:48 PM

(01-18-2015 06:36 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Seattle had NO BUSINESS being in that game let alone winning it. Their defense is good, their offense is garbage. I'm not a GB fan, but I think they'd have been a much better representative in the SB. Russell Wilson's weaknesses were shown today, and then GB decided to let off the gas and try and run out the clock.

The bobbled onside kick, the wounded duck pass on the 2 pt conversion. Just pure luck.

I could see Brady lighting them up.

NE may, assuming they play a game that allows them to get past Indy.

What's the adage? Luck=preparation + opportunity. I guess I was leaning toward GB but I'll sleep better than the Major.

All said, that's why they play the game.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - Chipdip2 - 01-18-2015 06:51 PM

Garbage is garbage. That ending was pure garbage. I'd much rather see the best team win (gimp leg and all) than see the NFL equivalent of the Stanford band game.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - JPWMU - 01-18-2015 06:51 PM

Prevent defense on the second to last drive in regulation is where the tide turned. I have NEVER understood why any team plays to not lose than to win. Make them beat you. Sucks all the momentum out of the team and gives it to the other, especially at home. Drives me nuts.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - gobaseline - 01-18-2015 07:10 PM

(01-18-2015 06:51 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Garbage is garbage. That ending was pure garbage. I'd much rather see the best team win (gimp leg and all) than see the NFL equivalent of the Stanford band game.

How was it garbage?

RE: Luckiest team ever? - bronconick - 01-18-2015 08:47 PM

After the Wilson pick with 5 minutes left, I turned off the game and fired up Civ 5.

Oops.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - moe24 - 01-19-2015 02:49 PM

(01-18-2015 06:51 PM)JPWMU Wrote:  Prevent defense on the second to last drive in regulation is where the tide turned. I have NEVER understood why any team plays to not lose than to win. Make them beat you. Sucks all the momentum out of the team and gives it to the other, especially at home. Drives me nuts.

That was it. Stop defending the run despite that being what got them to that point and watch the other team run it down your throats.

RE: Luckiest team ever? - Chipdip2 - 01-19-2015 04:51 PM

cha ching

RE: Luckiest team ever? - Motown Bronco - 01-22-2015 08:02 AM

So I'm hearing the word "deflate-gate" being thrown around.

Will we live long enough where we see the media stop attaching "-gate" to every controversy or scandal?

RE: Luckiest team ever? - MajorHoople - 01-22-2015 08:19 AM

^ Not if you're a Baby Boomer.