CSNbbs
Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? (/thread-723729.html)

Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - WesternBlazer - 01-18-2015 11:42 AM

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/27877535/fight-to-save-uab-football-what-happened-whats-next

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - the_blazerman - 01-18-2015 11:44 AM

And another thing that irks me is when they say the campus is divided on this issue.

I don't see a divided campus, I see almost everyone on board with restoring this & removing Watts & only a handful objecting.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - nicknitro19 - 01-18-2015 11:51 AM

"And that means, at least in the interim, a divided UAB Campus. Watts standing by his decision. Others, calling for a reversal of it.

Students are planning to march in front of the board of trustees meeting in February, while alumni and other fans plan to seek a legislative solution."

How is this "divided?" Oh well if they can't see a multi-front war, then more power to us.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - the_blazerman - 01-18-2015 11:53 AM

Divided campus apparently sounds better in the media than everyone is pissed at this but Watts and a few others.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - nicknitro19 - 01-18-2015 12:00 PM

(01-18-2015 11:53 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Divided campus apparently sounds better in the media than everyone is pissed at this but Watts and a few others.

It makes us appear weaker than we really are. The question is does that hurt our cause or help us? Let them breathe a sigh of relief. Let them think we are dying out. Let them rest easy while we make our preparations for battle.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - BamaScorpio69 - 01-18-2015 03:14 PM

(01-18-2015 11:44 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  And another thing that irks me is when they say the campus is divided on this issue.

I don't see a divided campus, I see almost everyone on board with restoring this & removing Watts & only a handful objecting.

from article Wrote:And that means, at least in the interim, a divided UAB Campus. Watts standing by his decision. Others, calling for a reversal of it.

That bolded statement in the quote clearly clarifies what is meant by divided campus.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - jcduncan13 - 01-18-2015 04:01 PM

(01-18-2015 03:14 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(01-18-2015 11:44 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  And another thing that irks me is when they say the campus is divided on this issue.

from article Wrote:And that means, at least in the interim, a divided UAB Campus. Watts standing by his decision. Others, calling for a reversal of it.

That bolded statement in the quote clearly clarifies what is meant by divided campus.

Exactly

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - USAFBlazerFan - 01-18-2015 08:34 PM

(01-18-2015 04:01 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  
(01-18-2015 03:14 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Exactly

Should say, "Us vs him... Watts against UAB."
That's the division.

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - Smaug - 01-19-2015 10:03 AM

Reminds of the line from the Last Crusade, "Everyone's lost but me!"

RE: Fight to save UAB football: What happened? What's next? - BlazerPhil - 01-19-2015 10:39 AM

(01-18-2015 11:42 AM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  http://www.myfoxal.com/story/27877535/fight-to-save-uab-football-what-happened-whats-next

Who was wondering when Rick Karle was going to show his spots ?