CSNbbs
Question for Western fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Question for Western fans (/thread-722861.html)

Question for Western fans - KAjunRaider - 01-12-2015 12:09 PM

I watched an HBO documentary last night, about St. Patrick's Catholic (NJ) 2010-11 hoops squad. Quite a bit of WKU talk on the program.

Whatever happened to Derrick Gordan ? Wasn't he a pretty damn good player for you guys ?

Also saw where one of their players (Chris something) signed with Marshall.

RE: Question for Western fans - Agtopper - 01-12-2015 12:19 PM

He transferred back home to UMass and and then announced he was gay.

RE: Question for Western fans - galojah - 01-12-2015 12:19 PM

Derrick Gordon ended up transferring to UMASS after McDonald was fired. He was a pretty good player and would have wished he remained a Hilltopper. My only gripe with him was his need for constant attention and limelight.

Sounds like he has settled well there. He has been in the media recently for being the first openly-gay Div 1 Men's Basketball player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Gordon

RE: Question for Western fans - KAjunRaider - 01-12-2015 12:31 PM

Yes-- I saw where he felt "uncomfortable" around his teammates before coming out.

didn't know if that was the reason he transferred, but forgot McDonald was fired after his frosh year

The teammate thing must have been at UMass

RE: Question for Western fans - wkuhilltopperfan - 01-12-2015 04:36 PM

Gordon was a Very good rebounder and defender but has issues shooting the ball. As others said, he wanted to be close to home with his twin brother in prison and we also went through coaching change.

RE: Question for Western fans - keebler645 - 01-12-2015 05:25 PM

Chris Thomas started most of last year's games in his only season at Marshall. I don't think he was ever going to live up to the five-star hype, but he was a bright spot on an underwhelming team.

He was dismissed from the team last summer for a violation of team rules. Other Herd fans might have more details as to what he did exactly, but it wasn't too surprising based on his history of grade troubles, weed charges, driving an unregistered vehicle with no license, etc.

RE: Question for Western fans - TOPPERSonTOP - 01-12-2015 05:33 PM

(01-12-2015 05:25 PM)keebler645 Wrote:  Chris Thomas started most of last year's games in his only season at Marshall. I don't think he was ever going to live up to the five-star hype, but he was a bright spot on an underwhelming team.

He was dismissed from the team last summer for a violation of team rules. Other Herd fans might have more details as to what he did exactly, but it wasn't too surprising based on his history of grade troubles, weed charges, driving an unregistered vehicle with no license, etc.

Was he the one who intentionally elbowed Caden Dickerson in the face I the open court?

RE: Question for Western fans - wkuhilltopperfan - 01-12-2015 05:46 PM

(01-12-2015 05:33 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 05:25 PM)keebler645 Wrote:  Chris Thomas started most of last year's games in his only season at Marshall. I don't think he was ever going to live up to the five-star hype, but he was a bright spot on an underwhelming team.

Was he the one who intentionally elbowed Caden Dickerson in the face I the open court?
I had forgot about that. Poor Caden could never catch a break.

RE: Question for Western fans - TOPPERSonTOP - 01-12-2015 05:58 PM

(01-12-2015 05:46 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 05:33 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  

I had forgot about that. Poor Caden could never catch a break.

Certainly had the hardest 8 years of collegiate athletics in history.

RE: Question for Western fans - WKUFan518 - 01-12-2015 06:13 PM

Elijah Pittman is the guy who elbowed Dickson...He was from Covington Holmes High school, he was kicked off the team as well...What was going on with Marshall Basketball last season? Had some loose cannons on your team last season....

This season I will add you guys played cleaned and at least appeared to have a team of more mature players this go around....

RE: Question for Western fans - KAjunRaider - 01-12-2015 06:53 PM

I did some checking and I think the guy's name is Chris Martin. Martin is now at Mt. Saint Mary's.

The coach at St. Patrick's got the best of the best from a tri-state area. The school has closed down as of 2012, and the coach took a job at Montverde Academy in Florida (prep school?).

Seems as if most of his players leave after a year or two in college. Kidd-Gilchrist left for the NBA, however.

His son was supposed to be at MT this year, but left after a couple of days. Guess he didn't like country music 04-cheers

Seems a bit shady, but such is college hoops.