CSNbbs
Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref (/thread-722692.html)

Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - NewTimes - 01-10-2015 06:25 PM

Yesterday I heard on sports radio in Roanoke that Karl Hess, LU grad and ACC basketball official, had been removed as an ACC official due to inappropriate racial/ethnic comments he made officiating a recent wake Forest game.

Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - army56mike - 01-13-2015 09:28 AM

I don't know exactly what he said, but Hess did admit to saying it. He intended it to be a joke. He apologized and appears sincere.

RE: Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - NewTimes - 01-13-2015 09:38 AM

(01-13-2015 09:28 AM)army56mike Wrote:  I don't know exactly what he said, but Hess did admit to saying it. He intended it to be a joke. He apologized and appears sincere.
When one had been in a position of power for an extended time, confidence and sometimes arrogance can occur. Hess was known to be one of those who loved being part of the action as some officials do. I'm sure he was much more careful and humble when he began officiating. When refs, umpires and officials become part of the storyline it's time for a review and/or change.

RE: Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - Libertygrad01 - 01-13-2015 11:33 AM

He made a comment to a fan that was Indian, something to the extent of he could referee in Egypt and he's would referee here. This was taken from a third party, so it's not the direct quote.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Karl Hess comment leads to removal as ref - NewTimes - 01-13-2015 11:40 AM

(01-13-2015 11:33 AM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  He made a comment to a fan that was Indian, something to the extent of he could referee in Egypt and he's would referee here. This was taken from a third party, so it's not the direct quote.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
Reports said the fan was actually a high school official. Not a wise move.