CSNbbs
Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? (/thread-720926.html)

Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - ucdsk - 12-29-2014 08:44 AM

According to the attendance and the published capacity of the stadium the bowl was a sellout. Now many ticket were given out to the military in the Washington DC/Maryland? Virginia area. But it always good to play in front of a packed house. I anticipate Nippert could be one next year. Happy New Year everyone and go Bearcats.02-13-banana

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - rath v2.0 - 12-29-2014 08:48 AM

Called it a capacity crowd in an on field interview with the chairman of the bowl but there were blocks of seats open in the corners of the upper deck and behind the east endzone. Who knows.

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - JackieTreehorn - 12-29-2014 08:53 AM

Couldn't be there, but I would think it would be a lot more fun to play in a smaller but relatively full venue than some cavernous stadium that's half empty or a gimmicky place like a baseball stadium.

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - rath v2.0 - 12-29-2014 09:25 AM

It was a cool stadium. Plaques for every ship, sub and installation lost going back forever. Instead of a ring of honor with retired numbers, it listed battles for the USN and USMC. Every seat had a plaque with a name on it and the years they served. Tons of history.

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - bearcat72 - 12-29-2014 10:12 AM

Went to a coaching clinic where Lou Holtz was a featured speaker. His first head coaching job was at William and Mary College. Pretty funny guy and remarked that when they played at Navy they had no chance of winning. When he walked into the Navy stadium he looked up and saw that their opponents were Iwo Jima, Midway, Okinawa!

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - Bearcat Backer - 12-29-2014 10:19 AM

I think many people took advantage of the SRO areas in the endzones. Overall, a nice stadium I am happy to have experienced.

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - chatcat - 12-29-2014 11:01 AM

(12-29-2014 10:19 AM)Bearcat Backer Wrote:  I think many people took advantage of the SRO areas in the endzones. Overall, a nice stadium I am happy to have experienced.

When will the BEARCATS have a league game there?

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - rath v2.0 - 12-29-2014 11:06 AM

18' I think. Unless we are in a new conf. 03-wink

RE: Was the Military Bowl presented by Northrup gruman a sellout? - JackieTreehorn - 12-29-2014 03:25 PM

(12-29-2014 11:06 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  18' I think. Unless we are in a new conf. 03-wink

Yeah, hopefully never. Have no desire to expose our defensive players to all that cut blocking.