CSNbbs
Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? (/thread-720889.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - shocknawe - 12-28-2014 06:01 PM

Did Tubbs ever explain the decision not to challenge?

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - BearcatBeta - 12-28-2014 06:22 PM

it may not have been a decision, he may have been unaware,,,

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - bearcatmark - 12-28-2014 06:24 PM

(12-28-2014 06:22 PM)BearcatBeta Wrote:  it may not have been a decision, he may have been unaware,,,

That would be depressing if that is the case. How could your coach be unaware? Not challenging that play was negligence. It was unfathomable to me.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Racinejake - 12-28-2014 06:27 PM

My friends at the game had no idea until I told them

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rath v2.0 - 12-28-2014 06:30 PM

I was at the game...we all knew...they showed it on the big screens in both endzones. It was idiotic not to stop things to have a look.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - FLIP - 12-28-2014 06:59 PM

I would blame the replay officials as well as the on field crew. Some of the worst officiating I have seen this year. Who's league did they represent? Quite possibly a crew that was worse than any AAC crew this season, kind of hard to believe.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - bearcatmark - 12-28-2014 07:05 PM

(12-28-2014 06:59 PM)FLIP Wrote:  I would blame the replay officials as well as the on field crew. Some of the worst officiating I have seen this year. Who's league did they represent? Quite possibly a crew that was worse than any AAC crew this season, kind of hard to believe.

There is no doubt the officials on the field and booth screwed up. Nobody ever even signaled touchdown. Refs should have said whether it was a fumble or not before the call. Additionally booth had to review the play.

That said, coaches have a fail safe for when refs screw up in that situation. There is absolutely no reason they should not have challenged a play that huge.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - mptnstr@44 - 12-28-2014 07:06 PM

That crew was from the Sunbelt Conference.
I'm guessing they were fairly local so as to not incur expensive travel. They were over their heads from the get go although officiating did not cost UC the game.

The no call on the fumble through the end zone was very poor on their part. It should've at least been reviewed to be certain.

The unsportsmanlike/taunting for the UC player saluting the Bearcat after the first touchdown was ridiculous too. How in the world is that taunting?

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - s10bball - 12-28-2014 07:21 PM

If I remember correctly didn't a VT player get called for an illegal block in the back before he fumbled.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rath v2.0 - 12-28-2014 07:45 PM

From TT's mouth. God help us.03-lmfao

Quote:Brewer’s potential fumble in the end zone and why no challenge:

“I hardly ever challenge because there are people in the box looking at each and every play closely. The play was on the opposite side of me and I did not see a replay, but you have to have full faith with the instant replay guy and the official. If they missed it then it would be a huge call, but I imagined they looked at the call hard. The officials did not beat us tonight, it had to do with us and several miscues that we had.”

http://www.militarybowl.org/2014-military-bowl-cincinnati-postgame-quotes/

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rtaylor - 12-28-2014 07:55 PM

I thought it was up to our coaches in the box who have access to monitors to tell the coaches on the feild to make a challenge.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Cataclysmo - 12-28-2014 08:02 PM

They showed a few replays that made it seem close. However, of all the replays they did show, not one would have provided conclusive evidence to overturn the call. My guess is that they lacked a good angle

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Racinejake - 12-28-2014 08:04 PM

(12-28-2014 08:02 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  They showed a few replays that made it seem close. However, of all the replays they did show, not one would have provided conclusive evidence to overturn the call. My guess is that they lacked a good angle

Really? All the ones I saw on TV looked conclusive that the ball was out on about the half yard line.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Cataclysmo - 12-28-2014 08:05 PM

(12-28-2014 08:04 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(12-28-2014 08:02 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  They showed a few replays that made it seem close. However, of all the replays they did show, not one would have provided conclusive evidence to overturn the call. My guess is that they lacked a good angle

Really? All the ones I saw on TV looked conclusive that the ball was out on about the half yard line.
I disagree. It looked close. But in no way could I honestly say that the ball was out before the goal line. Quite frankly, I think a goal line shot would have been the only thing to suffice in that situation

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rath v2.0 - 12-28-2014 08:06 PM

All the ones at the flipping stadium did, too, Jake. But our head coach said he didn't see a replay. Must not have, you know, looked up at the jumbo tron in the middle of either end zone that the other 35,000 in the stadium were watching.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - letharion - 12-28-2014 08:17 PM

(12-28-2014 08:05 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(12-28-2014 08:04 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  

I disagree. It looked close. But in no way could I honestly say that the ball was out before the goal line. Quite frankly, I think a goal line shot would have been the only thing to suffice in that situation

It remains baffling to me that they didn't position a camera on each goal line for situations such as this. The angles they showed were completely inconclusive.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - Cataclysmo - 12-28-2014 08:19 PM

Was there really something conclusive at the stadium? I saw a bunch of shots from angles that just werent in line with the ball. There was simply no way to tell if the ball had crossed the goal line. With the shots they had on TV, we wouldve easily lost the challenge

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rath v2.0 - 12-28-2014 08:23 PM

Conclusive? Probably not. I am biased. But it was dang close enough that they had to take a look.

But TT stating he did not see a replay is either complete BS or just baffling. It was shown repeatedly.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - SuperFlyBCat - 12-28-2014 08:25 PM

(12-28-2014 08:06 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  All the ones at the flipping stadium did, too, Jake. But our head coach said he didn't see a replay. Must not have, you know, looked up at the jumbo tron in the middle of either end zone that the other 35,000 in the stadium were watching.

There was nothing close to a goal line camera on that play. It looked like a touchback, but there was no angle to overturn that call. Please provide the video evidence to overturn the call, and while you and all of the other anti Tubbs, anti Hughes, anti Gran posters.....please provide me with who you have penciled in as the next head coach and coordinators.

RE: Va tech fumble in end zone/ no challenge? - rath v2.0 - 12-28-2014 08:28 PM

So you made the trip superfan?

There was a replay. Our HC said he did not see it It was close enough that that needed to be looked at. It wasn't.

Marvin Lewis even thinks this discussion about challenging is silly.