CSNbbs
OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm (/thread-720383.html)

OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - Montgomery Blazer - 12-23-2014 04:53 PM

[Image: ww0561_radar.gif]

RE: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - Matrix - 12-23-2014 04:59 PM

Had a pretty good scare today at an ATM outdoors on the Southside around 1:30, lightning struck a tree less than 5 yards from where I was standing, and there was a young woman closer to it than I waiting in line for me to finish my transaction, she opted to run inside the bank after that close call, and I bagged ass to the drug store! Y'all be careful out there, these storms are dangerous.

RE: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - Doktyr X - 12-23-2014 05:18 PM

Are you okay? I would have thought that the thunderclap at that close range would have left your ears bleeding?

RE: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - UAB Band Dad - 12-23-2014 05:32 PM

Yeah, that's flashBANG! range.

RE: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - EnviroBlazerD - 12-23-2014 07:28 PM

Fortunately it looks like it's petering out, but be careful if you live near Clanton!

RE: OT: Tornado Watch until 11pm - Matrix - 12-25-2014 05:37 PM

(12-23-2014 05:18 PM)Doktyr X Wrote:  Are you okay? I would have thought that the thunderclap at that close range would have left your ears bleeding?

There was a noticeable flash of lightning closest to my left ear as I was turning to use the ATM, the young lady next in line behind was really startled by it, when we both realized what it was, we took unilateral actions. We both got inside as fast as we could, but it took me a little bit longer because I'd placed my card in the ATM. I'm okay, we were both okay, just unnerved by that, is all. One of my biggest fears to this day is being struck by lightning and if that bolt had my name and address on it, there wasn't a damn thing I could have done to avoid it, it was that (bleeping) fast! That was probably the 4th or 5th time in my life I've had a close encounter with nature's fury like that, the scariest one was while umpiring a softball tournament at Hoover East Complex a number of years ago. Everytime I'm outside and dark clouds engulf the sky, I get real nervous. Thank you for asking...