CSNbbs
Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... (/thread-720224.html)

Pages: 1 2

Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Maize - 12-22-2014 10:35 PM

If it happens...Home Run Hire:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24911199/report-pat-narduzzi-leading-candidate-at-pitt

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ndlutz - 12-22-2014 10:58 PM

There are several sources reporting this now with slight variations. It would seem to me that this is likely to happen. Also, based on how this search has been conducted since Pederson was fired, I would think that anything leaking out means the details are being ironed out. There just wasn't any info about the candidates being leaked.

I'm not even sure of all the candidates they interviewed.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - 7thHeaven - 12-22-2014 11:23 PM

Would be a good hire for Pitt, he is a great recruiter.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - miko33 - 12-23-2014 09:37 AM

Supposedly, he accepted the contract and will be announced as the new HC soon.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Wolfman - 12-23-2014 10:05 AM

Any word on the new AD? Can't imagine a coach taking a job without knowing who the AD is going to be.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ClairtonPanther - 12-23-2014 10:29 AM

No word on the AD.... Likely won't be done until after the new year

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - TIGER-PAUL - 12-23-2014 12:45 PM

getting closer it seems......

by Pete Thamel
TwitterEmail
Posted: Tue Dec. 23, 2014

Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi will be the next head coach at Pitt, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The deal has yet to be finalized and is not expected not be announced until after Christmas. Barring any eleventh-hour breakdown, Narduzzi will be announced following the Christmas holiday.

Narduzzi is considered the top defensive coordinator in the country, and he received the 2013 Frank Broyles award for the nation’s top assistant coach. He has led the Spartans to a top 10 finish in the NCAA’s total defense statistics for each of the past four years.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/22/pat-narduzzi-pittsburgh-panthers-head-coach-michigan-state

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Hokie Mark - 12-23-2014 02:38 PM

(12-23-2014 12:45 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  getting closer it seems......

by Pete Thamel
TwitterEmail
Posted: Tue Dec. 23, 2014

Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi will be the next head coach at Pitt, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The deal has yet to be finalized and is not expected not be announced until after Christmas. Barring any eleventh-hour breakdown, Narduzzi will be announced following the Christmas holiday.

Narduzzi is considered the top defensive coordinator in the country, and he received the 2013 Frank Broyles award for the nation’s top assistant coach. He has led the Spartans to a top 10 finish in the NCAA’s total defense statistics for each of the past four years.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/22/pat-narduzzi-pittsburgh-panthers-head-coach-michigan-state

Bud Foster and Brent Venables would like to welcome Mr. Narduzzi to the ACC... No doubt he IS a very good DC and should instill even more toughness into Panther football. Very good hire.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ClairtonPanther - 12-23-2014 04:05 PM

I like this hire already, I'd love it more if Rudolph is retained as OC.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Dasville - 12-23-2014 11:54 PM

Would you rather be the AD at Pitt or WVU? Which President would you rather work for?

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ndlutz - 12-24-2014 10:01 AM

Hands down, I'd rather be at Pitt. :)

I say that as a Pitt grad and fan, but in all seriousness I think it's going to be a good position to have. It's hard not to like the way Chancellor Gallagher took control of the situation here. If he's serious about committing to Pitt football, what's not to like?

For one, I'd rather have my school in the ACC than Big 12.

Secondly, I'd want to be a part of building this thing up again. Pitt has history that WVU doesn't and that would attract me as well as long as there was a commitment to take the program back to national prominence.

WVU is committed to football but I think we've basically seen their ceiling.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - CardFan1 - 12-24-2014 10:33 AM

Crossed Fingers, Great Hire if it happens!

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - jmc79er - 12-24-2014 11:21 AM

(12-24-2014 10:33 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Crossed Fingers, Great Hire if it happens!

Would be a great hire by Pitt. Hope it gets done!!

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Wolfman - 12-24-2014 11:56 AM

I forget exactly what they said but during one of the breaks in the Navy game, ESPN said he was going to Pitt. Nothing about when an official announcement might happen.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - SoCalPanther - 12-24-2014 02:19 PM

Presser Friday at 3:30

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - BigOwensboroCard - 12-25-2014 01:43 PM

What happen with Greg Schiano he seemed to be a the front runner for this opening???? Oh well maybe this guy will stick around more than just a handful of yours. This job IMO is a destination job not a stepping stone for bigger and better things. What ever it takes Pitt needs to step up when others come calling for what is rightfully theirs or at least bind to a contract. Maybe they should have it stated in the contract that Pitt gets to match or better the contract of the opposing school instead of letting them walk or what ever. This is going to be like Pitt's 5 or 6 coach in a short period of time. Make it a place that will be to hard to walk away from and keep your coaches in place. Good luck for I hope this one pans out to be a good one that sticks around.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ClairtonPanther - 12-25-2014 07:57 PM

(12-25-2014 01:43 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  What happen with Greg Schiano he seemed to be a the front runner for this opening???? Oh well maybe this guy will stick around more than just a handful of yours. This job IMO is a destination job not a stepping stone for bigger and better things. What ever it takes Pitt needs to step up when others come calling for what is rightfully theirs or at least bind to a contract. Maybe they should have it stated in the contract that Pitt gets to match or better the contract of the opposing school instead of letting them walk or what ever. This is going to be like Pitt's 5 or 6 coach in a short period of time. Make it a place that will be to hard to walk away from and keep your coaches in place. Good luck for I hope this one pans out to be a good one that sticks around.

All college jobs are stepping stone/destinations. Some are more-so a stepping stone than others.

As for Schiano, he ultimately wasn't given an interview or didn't get past the initial phone call/skype interview.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - Maize - 12-25-2014 08:35 PM

(12-25-2014 07:57 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(12-25-2014 01:43 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  What happen with Greg Schiano he seemed to be a the front runner for this opening???? Oh well maybe this guy will stick around more than just a handful of yours. This job IMO is a destination job not a stepping stone for bigger and better things. What ever it takes Pitt needs to step up when others come calling for what is rightfully theirs or at least bind to a contract. Maybe they should have it stated in the contract that Pitt gets to match or better the contract of the opposing school instead of letting them walk or what ever. This is going to be like Pitt's 5 or 6 coach in a short period of time. Make it a place that will be to hard to walk away from and keep your coaches in place. Good luck for I hope this one pans out to be a good one that sticks around.

All college jobs are stepping stone/destinations. Some are more-so a stepping stone than others.

As for Schiano, he ultimately wasn't given an interview or didn't get past the initial phone call/skype interview.

The only "Destination" jobs in Football are the 32 Jobs in the National Football League...just ask Pete Carroll-(USC for Then Bottom Seattle), Steve Spurrier-(Florida for the Redskins), Nick Saban-(LSU to the Dolphins) etc...etc...

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - jaminandjachin - 12-26-2014 09:39 AM

There are no destination jobs by default. Destination job are really what you make of it. Heck even Texas considered trying to poach Saban from Bama.

As for the Pitt gig, at first I wanted Schiano to get it. However, I believe the Pitt administration quickly figured out he wasn't in it long term and wanted a bigger job. That is the worst kind of hire Pitt can make right now.

RE: Report: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi leading Candidate @ Pitt... - ndlutz - 12-26-2014 10:31 AM

I hope the Pitt administration realized Schiano isn't that good and scrapped him at that point.

You can't hire coaches on the basis that you'd rather have somebody else but are afraid they'll bolt on you. That's a bad tactic which will only lead you to sub par results.

I like to think they hired Narduzzi because he was the best candidate for the job. Based on what little I know about him, that sounds like it could be accurate.