CSNbbs
Biggest Implosion... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Biggest Implosion... (/thread-719741.html)

Pages: 1 2

Biggest Implosion... - Bearcats#1 - 12-19-2014 08:20 PM

What moment in your UC fandom career saw you with the biggest, ugliest implosion?

Mine is easy:

Nebraska vs Texas......Texas wins, our National Title hopes are gone and me, with plenty of Makers Mark 46 (from the big win earlier vs Pitt) went into full nuclear meltdown.

In fact I think I came in here the next day and apologized for my vitriol.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - Teakwood - 12-19-2014 08:27 PM

Charles Williams dribbles off his foot...the F-bombs were flowing freely

RE: Biggest Implosion... - Bearcats#1 - 12-19-2014 08:30 PM

(12-19-2014 08:27 PM)Teakwood Wrote:  Charles Williams dribbles off his foot...the F-bombs were flowing freely

LOL I was a student at UC then and AT THAT GAME....yup that sucked

RE: Biggest Implosion... - BearcatMan - 12-19-2014 08:32 PM

(12-19-2014 08:27 PM)Teakwood Wrote:  Charles Williams dribbles off his foot...the F-bombs were flowing freely

Oddly enough, mine is Dion Dixon dribbling off his foot against West Virginia.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - rath v2.0 - 12-19-2014 08:33 PM

Conference Tourny watching Kenyon's leg bend the wrong way...Arizona hitting a prayer, Tulsa with a prayer, WVU hitting a prayer that was tipped.... Flynt missing to lose to Canisius...oh Lord could I go on.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - Bearcats#1 - 12-19-2014 08:35 PM

(12-19-2014 08:33 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Conference Tourny watching Kenyon's leg bend the wrong way...Arizona hitting a prayer, Tulsa with a prayer, WVU hitting a prayer that was tipped.... Flynt missing to lose to Canisius...oh Lord could I go on.

dude you have to pick ONE

RE: Biggest Implosion... - rath v2.0 - 12-19-2014 08:36 PM

I can't. I was at all of those. Bits of heart still not scabbed over yet. :)

RE: Biggest Implosion... - BeerCat - 12-19-2014 08:39 PM

Kenyon's leg no doubt. I was in 8th grade. It was like a funeral in my family's house, I actually cried. I live in NKY with all UK fans I fear that may have been UC's only legit shot at a title in my lifetime.

Side note my best friend actually uses a picture of Kenyon in a wheel chair as his avatar in fantasy football.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - ctipton - 12-19-2014 08:39 PM

Mine has to be Kenyon's leg. I had taken the afternoon off work and was at my local watering hole to watch us win and become annointed #1 in all the land. When he went down, it seemed as if all the life was sucked out of me. We lost a probable national championship right there and I can't think of a bigger implosion.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - Coopdaddy67 - 12-19-2014 08:49 PM

(12-19-2014 08:33 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Conference Tourny watching Kenyon's leg bend the wrong way...Arizona hitting a prayer, Tulsa with a prayer, WVU hitting a prayer that was tipped.... Flynt missing to lose to Canisius...oh Lord could I go on.

I suddenly feel miserable.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - bearcatlawjd2 - 12-19-2014 08:51 PM

NCAA tournament loss to WVU and the conference tournament loss to them in 2009-2010.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - InspectorHound - 12-19-2014 09:05 PM

Missing 14 of the final 16 shots against UK after being up at the half in Huggs' last game

RE: Biggest Implosion... - UCGrad1992 - 12-19-2014 09:39 PM

Agree with many already mentioned. I'll throw in the 2010 Sugar Bowl. Looking back it was the effin' perfect storm. Kelly leaving a few weeks prior to take the Notre Dame job was bad enough. Jeff Quinn took over the helm for the game but had already accepted the job at the University of Buffalo. Bourbon Meyer had health issues and stated he would retire right after the Sugar Bowl. Could it get any worse? Yup. Tim Tebow throws for a BCS record 482 passing yards (some things never change) and set another record of 533 total yards. Oh, and Thom Brennaman announced the game. 44-10 at the end of the third quarter but UC scored two garbage touchdowns late to "close the gap" losing 51-24. Cursing and gnashing of teeth gave way to embarrassment and shame after we absolutely got drubbed on a national stage, and once again, could not play with the big boys.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - SuperFlyBCat - 12-19-2014 09:44 PM

Zach getting his leg broke at PBS vs. WVU. UC would have played Clemson in the Orange Bowl if not for that injury.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - BearcatnKY - 12-19-2014 10:15 PM

Ronald Allen singing at Bearcat Madness?

RE: Biggest Implosion... - letharion - 12-19-2014 10:40 PM

(12-19-2014 08:39 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Kenyon's leg no doubt. I was in 8th grade. It was like a funeral in my family's house, I actually cried.

Was shooting pool in the basement of the old TUC when that happened. You weren't the only person who shed tears. What a bad day.

Don't see the 09 Texas situation as legitimate. We were so lucky to win (I was there, freezing) and we would have gotten smoked either way. Kenyon's leg is so much of a bigger deal in the big picture.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - jarr - 12-19-2014 11:29 PM

(12-19-2014 08:39 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Kenyon's leg no doubt. I was in 8th grade. It was like a funeral in my family's house, I actually cried. I live in NKY with all UK fans I fear that may have been UC's only legit shot at a title in my lifetime.

Side note my best friend actually uses a picture of Kenyon in a wheel chair as his avatar in fantasy football.

Same here. I live in the bluegrass and am surrounded by the big boner nation as well. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was in 7th grade, and my mom would let me off school early to watch UC tournament games. I remember coming home, turning on the TV, and about a minute later it happened. I must've cried for 2 hours straight. It sucked, because being a UC fan, opportunities to win it all aren't there every year like it is for Duke, pUKe, UNC, etc. That was our opportunity.

Also:

-Burton getting tackeled against Iowa State,
-Jarod West calling bank
-Logan's squad not finishing off UCLA
-pUKe game in Indy (if James White throws down that dunk, we win)
-Jerry Mac's running 3 in the BET
-Miles Simon
-Diego Guaverra blowing kisses

... and football

-UL shellacing UC 70-7
-OSU loss in PBS with 2 straigh missed catches
-Hawaii brawl game
-getting whooped by Army
-Sugar Bowl beat down after BK left

And I feel like I could keep going, K-Mart going down has to be the worst.

RE: Biggest Implosion... - Eastside_J - 12-20-2014 12:01 AM

(12-19-2014 11:29 PM)jarr Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 08:39 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Kenyon's leg no doubt. I was in 8th grade. It was like a funeral in my family's house, I actually cried. I live in NKY with all UK fans I fear that may have been UC's only legit shot at a title in my lifetime.

Same here. I live in the bluegrass and am surrounded by the big boner nation as well. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was in 7th grade, and my mom would let me off school early to watch UC tournament games. I remember coming home, turning on the TV, and about a minute later it happened. I must've cried for 2 hours straight. It sucked, because being a UC fan, opportunities to win it all aren't there every year like it is for Duke, pUKe, UNC, etc. That was our opportunity.

Also:

-Jarod West calling bank
-Miles Simon

... and football

-UL shellacing UC 70-7
-Hawaii brawl game
-getting whooped by Army

Jeebus JARR, am I dreaming? Are you the ghost of UC christmas past?

Is this "its a wonderful life"? Should I be searching for Zuzu's petals?

RE: Biggest Implosion... - back2vinyl - 12-20-2014 06:42 AM

For some reason, losing to UCLA in the second round of the 2002 NCAA really put me in a funk. That sticks out as a painful loss to me.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=224000003

RE: Biggest Implosion... - rosewater - 12-20-2014 07:25 AM

(12-20-2014 12:01 AM)Eastside_J Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 11:29 PM)jarr Wrote:  

Also:

-Jarod West calling bank
-Miles Simon

... and football

-UL shellacing UC 70-7
-Hawaii brawl game
-getting whooped by Army

Jeebus JARR, am I dreaming? Are you the ghost of UC christmas past?

Is this "its a wonderful life"? Should I be searching for Zuzu's petals?

The Jerry Mac shot really hurt. One that is forgotten is the buzzer beater loss to Michigan State in 90/91. Steve Smith puts in a layup with zero seconds. A win here and we are probably in the tournament rather than the NIT.