CSNbbs
Future Basketball Scheduling - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Future Basketball Scheduling (/thread-718521.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Future Basketball Scheduling - Dukes84 - 12-11-2014 12:18 PM

I think they wrote today's DNR article to address Dukester's concerns (and others) about scheduling. For those that don't have the DNR, will provide quick summary below.

1. Dukes have reached out to VCU, ODU and Mason to play series. Not likely to happen with VCU because they won't play home and home series, only at Siegel. The Mason series is set and the ODU series is a possibility going forward.
2. Dukes play at Richmond next year and it's very possible that series will continue.
3. This wasn't in article, but I had thought someone posted that we play at UVA again next year....may be pure conjecture on my part and I don't know if it's true or not.
4. Dukes play at West VA next year and have two games in season with Marshall, which we could be a harbinger of things to come; i.e., participation in Conference USA.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - All Dukes_All Day - 12-11-2014 01:08 PM

(12-11-2014 12:18 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  I think they wrote today's DNR article to address Dukester's concerns (and others) about scheduling. For those that don't have the DNR, will provide quick summary below.

1. Dukes have reached out to VCU, ODU and Mason to play series. Not likely to happen with VCU because they won't play home and home series, only at Siegel. The Mason series is set and the ODU series is a possibility going forward.
2. Dukes play at Richmond next year and it's very possible that series will continue.
3. This wasn't in article, but I had thought someone posted that we play at UVA again next year....may be pure conjecture on my part and I don't know if it's true or not.
4. Dukes play at West VA next year and have two games in season with Marshall, which we could be a harbinger of things to come; i.e., participation in Conference USA.

We played Marshall twice in 2010-2011 actually. No harbringer just scheduling a local opponent twice.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - Dukeman - 12-11-2014 01:09 PM

The article also quoted a player saying that we really do not have any rivalries.

Could we start one with Charleston Southern?

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - Dukes84 - 12-11-2014 01:43 PM

Article pointed out something about harbinger and yes I recall JMU playing Marshall twice a few years ago.

And with respect to Charleston Southern, I'm all for it!

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - ODUBB35 - 12-11-2014 01:50 PM

(12-11-2014 12:18 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  I think they wrote today's DNR article to address Dukester's concerns (and others) about scheduling. For those that don't have the DNR, will provide quick summary below.

Is this for real? They must really think a lot of themselves. Shaka = Seth Greenberg.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - JMU_Degenerate - 12-11-2014 02:06 PM

My understanding was that our agreement with the HOOOOOS was a 2 for 1. I assume we will be playing at JPJ next season.

Future Basketball Scheduling - jmufbs - 12-11-2014 02:22 PM

(12-11-2014 01:50 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  

Is this for real? They must really think a lot of themselves. Shaka = Seth Greenberg.

Yes
This is for real
They are currently an overrated mid major team who is suffering from post final four delusions of grandeur .

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - BleedingPurple - 12-11-2014 02:40 PM

(12-11-2014 02:22 PM)jmufbs Wrote:  

Yes
This is for real
They are currently an overrated mid major team who is suffering from post final four delusions of grandeur .

Without my digging into it, do we know if this approach is working or not for them?

I question what they might pay and if it would be worth it to make a trip to Richmond for a pay day?

In a 2 for 1 deal like we have with UVA, did a little cash come to us or is that a straight up, we play twice at JPJ and once at the Convo and nothing else?

Seems like we received $40K back in the '09 - '10 season to go to Stanford, is that correct?

When was the last time we paid someone to come play us at the Convo and what would be a normal payment for someone to come to the Convo with no return?

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - DirtyDukes - 12-11-2014 02:58 PM

**** VCU

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - Purplehazed - 12-11-2014 05:56 PM

**** VCU

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - odugrad10 - 12-11-2014 06:09 PM

(12-11-2014 05:56 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  **** VCU
We can all agree with this!04-cheers

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - NJDuke97 - 12-11-2014 09:18 PM

So at Richmond, at West Virginia, Home game vs George Mason, home game vs. East Carolina, home/home vs. Marshall. That's the makings of a fairly interesting OOC regional schedule so far.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - TDenverFan - 12-11-2014 09:24 PM

(12-11-2014 01:09 PM)Dukeman Wrote:  The article also quoted a player saying that we really do not have any rivalries.

:(

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - JMUDukes1750 - 12-11-2014 09:29 PM

(12-11-2014 02:22 PM)jmufbs Wrote:  

Yes
This is for real

The weird thing is, if it weren't terribly officiated CAA quarterfinal game in their favor against Drexel, they would be nowhere close to what they are today.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - NJDuke97 - 12-11-2014 09:36 PM

Maybe Shaka still remembers this game on the way to the Final Four

http://www.jmusports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=5574

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - DoubleDDuke - 12-11-2014 09:39 PM

Brady and Bourne have done a pretty good job with scheduling this year and next. I wish we'd always have GW on the schedule but I have a feeling that's their choice not to.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - BleedingPurple - 12-11-2014 09:49 PM

(12-11-2014 09:24 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 01:09 PM)Dukeman Wrote:  The article also quoted a player saying that we really do not have any rivalries.

I hear ya, Denver, but you guys aren't nasty enough. Ya need to be able to say you hate a team/coach/player. You need to be border line thugs to get the rival thing going. Your team is just not there. Sort of a back handed compliment I guess. But its just not enough bad blood between us.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - Mad victory - 12-11-2014 10:06 PM

after a solid season this year, everyone will want to play George Madison, we are so hot right now

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - TDenverFan - 12-12-2014 12:46 AM

(12-11-2014 09:49 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 09:24 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  

I hear ya, Denver, but you guys aren't nasty enough. Ya need to be able to say you hate a team/coach/player. You need to be border line thugs to get the rival thing going. Your team is just not there. Sort of a back handed compliment I guess. But its just not enough bad blood between us.

Yeah, I hear ya. I think we're kind of small, so there's naturally not as much smack talk. And we're not as unlikeable as Richmond.

RE: Future Basketball Scheduling - johnjmu98 - 12-12-2014 03:55 AM

(12-11-2014 06:09 PM)odugrad10 Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:56 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  **** VCU
We can all agree with this!04-cheers

Hell yes we can all agree on this, Havoc can suck it!